Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 3.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    I have not had a problem with Windows 8.0...it works as well as my Windows 7 PC, but so far Windows 8.1 is still a problem with Rockchip drivers...unless I've missed something.

For now, I'm refusing to upgrade to 8.1.
    I am on win 8.1 and have no problem. But I use this methode: To bring Pipo m9 pro into reboot I use the " alternate-reboot-to flash tool". Then close this tool and proceed with the normal ROM-flash tool 137 for the rest of the flashong process.
    BTW.: I have tried all new ROM here but I think 3.0 or 3.01 should stay as the current ROM for now for M9Pro, the others are too unstable. Waiting very much for 4.4.4 though.....
    Cheers!

Comment

Hi guys. I tried this ROM and it was very cool but I had some reboots. In one reboot the tablet did not come back, so I decided to put another rom. I used the Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.7 and everything was ok when in 95% of the flashing I received an error message (I don't remember - something about lost comunnication). Now the tablet does not reboot anyway and I can't connect to pc anymore (Windows 8.1). I tried in a different pc (windows 8.1) with no success. When I try to connect I receive the following message:

unknow usb device (Request failed for device descriptor).

I reseted the tablet and I tried all kinds of resets possible with no success (hold power + esc + reset).

I tried to install the drivers again with no success. I tested the cable with my LG G2 and everything is OK with the USB cable.
      Anyone could help me? Because now I have a very expensive brick on my table
      Thanks for all help

Comment

Did you happen to flash a Jellybean ROM after you flashed the KitKat ROM?

There's a process you must do before you can flash back to Jellybean...or any ROM made for RKBatchTool.

Otherwise, you might have bricked the tablet...and you will need to get into Mask Mode to fix it.

Here's a couple of threads you can look at and see about getting your tablet back:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...G-A-KITKAT-ROM!!!!!
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Hi man. I did not try to flash Jellybean. I just take the kitkat rom that I had before to put it back.
          Now I am thinking what I should do to have access again to the USB.

Comment

My biggest problem now is that I don't have access by USB to the tablet anymore. So I don't know how I can do anything.

Comment

I am having error 43 in Windows when I try to connect the tablet. Is there any way to do anything maybe using the sd card? I can see that something happens because the windows has a response when I try to connect the tablet. But none of the tools is capable to "see" the tablet so I would like to know if I can do anything with the sd card.

Thanks guys.

Comment

It appears the problem is a conflict between the loader.bin of the KK ROM and the loader.bin necessary to run the JB ROM plus the metadata partition that the JB ROM can't deal with.

It sounds like your best bet is to get the tablet into mask mode by opening the case and shorting two pins on the NAND chip. If you looked at the threads I posted above, you will see instructions for this process in post #2 of the second thread (bottom link). Rather than repeat the instructions...just read that post.

Here's another thread with pictures:

I know they are different tablets, but the procedure is the same.

Getting the back off of the tablet can be tricky, but once you get started you can figure it out quite easily. I use a sharp xacto knife or something to pry from one corner and use a guitar pick or credit card to help hold it open as you work your way around the case. The back is held on by multiple little clips.

Start with pins 7 and 8 as the ones to short...but you may have to figure it out by trial and error. With the USB connected and the flash tool running, it will show when the tablet is in mask mode.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

Thank you man. I will try it.

Comment

Originally posted by edmaronline View Post
                    Hi guys. I tried this ROM and it was very cool but I had some reboots. In one reboot the tablet did not come back, so I decided to put another rom. I used the Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.7 and everything was ok when in 95% of the flashing I received an error message (I don't remember - something about lost comunnication). Now the tablet does not reboot anyway and I can't connect to pc anymore (Windows 8.1). I tried in a different pc (windows 8.1) with no success. When I try to connect I receive the following message:

unknow usb device (Request failed for device descriptor).

I reseted the tablet and I tried all kinds of resets possible with no success (hold power + esc + reset).

I tried to install the drivers again with no success. I tested the cable with my LG G2 and everything is OK with the USB cable.
                    Anyone could help me? Because now I have a very expensive brick on my table
                    Thanks for all help
                    If possible try a PC with Win 7 or XP. They have a better recognation of the tablet.

Comment

HI guys. After a lot of tries I got to connect the tablet. WIth Finless ROM Flash I erased the NAND IDB. OK. Now I tried to use the Rockchip Batch Tool to Retsore the tablet. The process fails at <Layer 5-1> Wait for Loader Start. Just One question: Do I need to keep the pins short circuited during the process or no? And the power button? Do I need to keep it pressed?
                      Thanks guys

Comment

I tried to use Finless ROM Flash tool v1.37 to flash a rom. It´s ok until the Start Test Device. The dtest deviceis failed and it´s abort. I am trying to flash the Finless Pipo M9Pro_15ROM.
                        Man, I believe I will get it done!

Comment

I tried to use Finless ROM Flash tool v1.37 to flash a rom. It´s ok until the Start Test Device. The dtest deviceis failed and it´s abort. I am trying to flash the Finless Pipo M9Pro_15ROM.
                          Having tried almost all variants of ROMs and Kernals, Inc 3.4, to find the most stable (over the past 2 weeks flashed countless times!! Pipo M9pro wifi only) finally found that RileyRom 2.6b to be the most stable. (RileyROM 2.6 4.4.2 Kernal 3.4.0) - I have not had a single freeze or reboot in over 4 days, battery consumption is good and speed is acceptable with no lags.
                          I'm really pleased because I can finally use my M9Pro as a serious workhorse.

There is only one problem When I try to download or update some apps from the Google Playstore, get Download Error 403 (this is only with some apps - i.e yahoo Mail downloads without problems, but Dropbox does not) - I have found a workaround - Open Playstore from a browser on the tablet and download/update the app to the device. but this manual workaround is tedious especially if there are multiple apps to update.

I have done extensive search on internet/google for the solution and tried almost everything but it has not worked....>

Does anybody know what is the root cause of Error 403 and/or has anybody who has seen the issue on their device managed to fix it... if so how?

Comment

Re: Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 3.4

Mask mode erases the whole device. Therefore, if you are flashing an older JB ROM you need to check the loader.bin and flash it. Since IDB is already erased, you can just flash the ROM.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Well, end of story to me .
                              When I finally get to put a firmware again (the tablet rebooted) I realize that the power button was broken! It just fell down when I reassembled. So, There is no way how to power it up again. No, I will buy a new tablet .
                              Anyone could tell me which one could be a nice replace to the pipo m9 pro? I guess now I want one with 9.7 inchs.

Thanks my friends.

Comment

Sorry for your bad luck. Did the whole switch break...or did the plastic button just fall out? You might be able to repair it.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X