No announcement yet.

Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 3.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And obviously accuweather does also the same if you try to use your current position...

Comment

Help request - wifi- WIFI Will not engaging

Hey Guys, I have tried everything i could think of to get wifi to work on my wifes M9 Pro. I have even tried a few clean (IDB erase a few times) flash roms tp 3.0 /3.01/3.04 will not luck. The wifi never full engages. Within the settings, it appears to connect but in the top status bar it never lights up. And no Internet connects can be made. It is not the router, all other wifi devices work including my other pipo m9 pro.
      Hope it is not a hardware issue!
      Any thoughts, tips or advise???

Thanks!
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Comment

In the earlier M9 Pro threads, there was discussion of a bad solder connection on the wifi antenna. That's one thing to check.
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Unfortunately it's quite probable it's an hardware issue. I used to have a similar problem. The nice side is that it's easy to fix!
          You have to open your device (plenty of posts about how to open it ... just a recommendation: watch out for the sim and sd card slots, they are easy to break), look for the wifi antenna in the bottom left corner and make sure that that thing that looks like a ground connection (a small aluminium foil placed over a part of the antenna) is firmly attached to the flexible antenna granting the electrical connection.
          I personally fixed the whole thing with plenty of electrical tape and I stopped having problems with wifi.
          Hope this works for you too.

Originally posted by PipoM9Pro View Post
          Hey Guys, I have tried everything i could think of to get wifi to work on my wifes M9 Pro. I have even tried a few clean (IDB erase a few times) flash roms tp 3.0 /3.01/3.04 will not luck. The wifi never full engages. Within the settings, it appears to connect but in the top status bar it never lights up. And no Internet connects can be made. It is not the router, all other wifi devices work including my other pipo m9 pro.
          Hope it is not a hardware issue!
          Any thoughts, tips or advise???

Thanks!

Comment

Definitely be careful opening the tablet. There are plenty of videos showing how, using a credit card. I found two cards are better.
            The point that the videos don't stress is don't use the credit cards (or anything) along the top edge where the buttons, sockets and SD card is. Probably best to take the SD card out, if you have one, before you start. Note that a very small piece of plastic, which is the buttons, will probably fall out. Don't lose it.

The link for fixing the wifi antenna is HERE.

Follow the instructions. It's all pretty easy.

Comment

Any ideas for the bug i mentionned above ? Another thing i discovered i that the tablet does reboot everytime i try to start my newspaper software called "Le soir" (belgium newspaper). It wasn't the case with the 3.1 i used previously... Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Soryy to bother,

which is the current KitKat ROm?

Comment

I try to keep all of the current ROM's here in the Current Pipo ROM's section.

So...this is the most current. I hear the v3.0.1 is the most stable for some users. It's in the Archived ROM section.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                    I try to keep all of the current ROM's here in the Current Pipo ROM's section.

So...this is the most current. I hear the v3.0.1 is the most stable for some users. It's in the Archived ROM section.

Thanks I wasjust wondering, if this is Kitkat or not.

Thanks for your hard work!!!!

Cooking is terrible hard work!

Comment

Yes, it is KitKat.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Will there be SMS KitKat version ?

Comment

is this stable?

Comment

Originally posted by robinjoo1 View Post
                            is this stable?
                            Read all of the pages of this thread to learn what people have found so far regarding this ROM.

Comment

new lease of life?

Hi Randy,
                              Well done on your source code negotiations with Pipo - will his mean you will be able to upgrade our M9pro's to 4.4.4 with the correct code rather than a port from the M7 ?
                              I ducked out of the testing at you 3.0 version and have been running stock since then - with the same random reboots that most others have been getting on your versions 3.1,2,3,4. I have almost given up, but this new deal may well resurrect the tablet and make it useable for more than just a toy. I have actually splashed out on a Samsung XE700T-1C slate running Win8.1 - and I am about to research into ADDING android to it as a dual boot system. With a 1Tb SSD drive it wipes out ALL other tablets/phones etc etc - and coupled with the dockable keyboard and a Bluetooth mouse it is a proper computer in a tablet form! BUT, some Android apps are still better on the tablet, like email (for me) so I may well still get my hybrid utopia - it was a LOT more expensive though that's for sure.
                              Keep up the good work and I hope to see a new release for the M9Po soon - I will definitely give it a try.
                              Cheers,
                              Colin

Comment

I can't promise an Android 4.4.4 upgrade just yet...until the kernel guys can take a look at the sources.

All of this is happening quickly...so we should have more news soon. Since the M9 Pro is the most popular model...I'm sure we will give it special attention. I just don't have a kernel developer who has one.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X