Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 3.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kav View Post
    Hi - I have been using RileyRom 2.6b (RileyROM 2.6 4.4.2 Kernal 3.4.0) on my M9 Pro WiFi only - I have just had only 2-3 reboots in over 3 months, battery consumption is V.good and the tablet is really usable with no lags. The tablet has never frozen and since changing to 2.6b I have never had to find a paperclip to poke the reset switch.

In fact the tablet has been so stable that I am not going to change the ROM again! - If anything I will buy a new tablet in about 4-6 months. I don't see the need to upgrade tablet or rom right now as my M9 pro working really well.

I can confirm that this is true. With this rom battery consumption is very low and reboots are very rare.

Comment

Here is my experence with this rom:
      I came from the stock 4.2.2 rom and my m9pro 3g seems to be a new and much performant tablet!!
      great work.
      I have the rotation/reboot bug but I don't mind. My M9pro is a tunder now..
      and here are a couple of benchmark results:
      Antutu 5
      stock 4.2.2 -> 23500
      riley 3.4
      -> 22300

well as you can read, you have to mistrust in benchmark

Antutu X
      stock 4.2.2 -> not done
      riley 3.4
      -> 18500

Geekbench 3

stock 4.2.2 -> single core 497 - multi core 1368
      riley 3.4
      -> single core 501 - multi core 1436

What I think is only a problem of mine it is that I don't find a way to make my tablet recognised by finless flash tool..
      rockchip batch tool 1.6 could switch to flashmode, but when in flashmode it wasn't visible nor in this tool.
      I've followed the detailed guide ("
      First Time User Guide_rev9.pdf", a little bit outdated in my opinion ), I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers many times in many ways (they are the same drivers I use to flash my Minix Neo x7) on 2 pc with windows 8.1 and 7 sp1..
      Well at last I used AndroidTool v.2.1 which could recognise (and sill is the only which recognise) my m9 in normal and flash mode, on win 8.1 and 7, on usb 2.0 and 3.0 as well.
      I don't exactly understand what this tool doesn't do (even if I read the instruction file) but I kept my fingers crossed and it worked
      I see that now the custom recovery is TWRP v.2.7. It is quite lagged on my device, but it works.
      Does it have same problems as CWM recovery. Could be possible to flash new roms+kernels with twrp recovery?
      Sorry for my english, I hope could be understandable..

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        So you are saying that GPS works with the stock version of THIS ROM?

I may have to check and see if anything i did made it quit working.

I can add multi user support and try to find a solution to the rotation problem...but I think that's in the kernel.
        I sent my m9pro to pipo for some charging problem. They repaired and flashed it with 4.2.2. Now the wireless is much better. I would lose connection out in the balcony, now I'm getting connection when out in the garden. I used the tablet as is and when I wanted to test the GPS, I just turned it on and started to walk towards a south-east window, the satellites started to appear, and before long it already locked on a few of them. It like never locked on a satellite before, neither on stock jelly nor on RR jelly and KK. Did not use fastergps or anything. I wonder if they did anything with regard to GPS and Wi-Fi. Although not covered under warranty, it was a free fix, thanks to Pipo and Anna. So I doubt they did a major fix. With stock ROM, Wi-Fi and GPS is superb, the rest is the regular stock rom , lags, crashes, slowness etc.

Comment

Hi guys!
          After I replaced (bought on ****) a broken touch screen for my Pipo M9 pro, I got a mirrored vertically touchscreen. Someone is faced a similar problem? I was told that it is possible to change something in the kernel firmware, but I do not have sufficient knowledge ...

Comment

GPS problem

Hello everyone. The truth is that I have tried almost all roms, and actually has worked best for me was the 2.7.2. But my biggest problem is the gps. It works very bad, just gets a satellite, although sinque has come to work. I wanted to know if it really worth the upgrade to 3.4, how it works and especially the gps work? It reboots and lag.
            Gps fix, gps spain, faster gps, with any works, thanks

Comment

OMG OMG thanks so much. I havent been here since I installed 2.5 and this is sooooo much smoother so far.

I am a still a noob but this was easy and so much worth it.

Comment

2nd day with this ROM and I still love it. BTW I started here with 2.1 I think not 2.5 as mentioned above. So far so better😀. Minor freezes but no locks like before when I had to use a needle in the reset hole, that was bad and made me want to by a new galaxy tab like my mom and in laws. I am back in love with my pipo.
                I do have some minor freezes, I just press the home button and then reenter game and all is good. Since yesterday 2/3 times the swirling rileyrom logo shows up for 10 secs and the lock screen shows up but I can live with that. I hope I never have to uses a needle ever again.
                I love the smoothness of this version.
                Thanks again

Comment

Several restarts and much lag

I decided to install the 3.4 and instantly already restarted once. After twice more without more. It's horrible and has much the better or lag.O not recommend at all. I've gone back to 2.7.1. It is the best for my taste, although I still problems with my gps. Just get one satellite.

Comment

BUG

when i download something with stock browser i can't stop the download when i click on it in upper right
                    "it says download manager has stopped"

talking about the 3.1 rom

YouTube app gives black screen only audio
                    Last edited by robinjoo1; 10-19-2014, 18:52.

Comment

A couple of days in.... I too get the black YouTube screen. Maybe I should go back to a previous version. How far back should I go? Maybe wait for a new version. Sorry for being such a noob.
                      Sometimes many apps just shut down.

In my about page I see a #407... Could this be the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by mikpj View Post
                        A couple of days in.... I too get the black YouTube screen. Maybe I should go back to a previous version. How far back should I go? Maybe wait for a new version. Sorry for being such a noob.
                        Sometimes many apps just shut down.

In my about page I see a #407... Could this be the problem?
                        Well to not have the black screen I use youtube inside web browser

Comment

just got my first reboot no rotations made at all

well 2nd reboot and caused by dolphin browser rotating instant reboot

Comment

I am happy reboots are so short.

Comment

Originally posted by mikpj View Post
                              I am happy reboots are so short.

Not for me over 30 secs
                              Everytime i start app i hope it wont reboot

UPDATE
                              uninstalling of 1 app I don't get reboots so often for now
                              Last edited by robinjoo1; 10-20-2014, 08:17.

Comment

Originally posted by robinjoo1 View Post
                                Not for me over 30 secs
                                Everytime i start app i hope it wont reboot

UPDATE
                                uninstalling of 1 app I don't get reboots so often for now

going back to 3.0.1 more stable

Comment

Working...
                                X