Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 3.4 KitKat 4.4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure why you want to flash back to JB. But here's the process:

Run the RileyROM flash tool you used to flash the KK ROM. Reboot the tablet to flash mode and erase IDB.

The safest approach would be to download one of my early JB ROM's for the M7 Pro and use the included flash tool to flash that entire JB ROM with the boot loader checked (it's unchecked by default).

After you have successfully booted the JB RileyROM ...you can then use the RKBatchTool to flash the stock ROM if you want.

Here's a thread dedicated to switching back to JB from KK.http://freaktab.com/forum/tablet-sup...an-from-kitkat
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

If you cannot find any "official" KK firmware on Pipo's websites, that could mean they've never released any.
      What we have is "official KK SDK (with kernel and android sources)" from Pipo, from which they should have produced official KK firmware.
      RRandy may confirm it, but RR 3.4.2 was done by "re-kitchening" some binary (.img) firmware unofficially published by some chinese dev using Pipo's kitkat SDK.

It is up to you to choose between a fast official jellybean and a slower but more promising and more modern kitkat firmware, be it compiled in China or by freaktab devs.

PS : 32000 antutu score seem incredible ! are you really sure of that ?

Comment

I'm pretty sure i had 32000 on antutu with RR 2.7 if im not mistaken. Now I have another major issue: The RKBatchTool does not detect my tablet even though rockusb drivers and all relevant drivers are correctly installed! I have recently changed my laptop and Im sure this has to do with USB 3.0 ports? I have found another thread online regarding the alternative RKBatchTool where you include a command in the config.ini file and the issue is resolved. I cannot find the config.ini file for Riley's RKBatchTool. Please assist. I cannot flash anything at the moment!
        here's the link for the issue: http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...on-config-ini/
        I have managed to get the alternative RKBatchTool detect my tablet after adding the command in config.ini as per the link.
        I return to Riley's RKBatchTool while my tablet is in flash mode and the device is still not detected.
        Can I flash the files through the alternate RKBatchTool?

Comment

While Pipo never actually released a KK version for the M7 Pro on their site, they did some extensive testing of KK from the Rockchip SDK. I was lucky enough to access each of the test versions of the KK firmware from my sources at Pipo and subsequently released each of my KK ROM's. There is enough similarity between the M9 Pro and the M7 Pro that I was able to interchange M9 Pro firmware with the M7 Pro KK kernel. Sometimes things didn't work correctly...so each version was a new experience of troubleshooting.

D33 and Raxy are working on a custom kernel from the Rockchip sources in an attempt to fix all of the things that were not working in previous RileyROM releases. Their focus is on:

USB Audio
          HDMI
          GPS
          Bluetooth

Testing is going on in this thread:

Please read the posts to catch up on the progress. There is a new complete ROM included in this thread as a test bed for the new kernel versions.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Hello !

I am surprised very well, that here is such a great community around Pipo, especially M7pro, with such great kernel and rom programmers !
            Many thanks in advance and for what you have already done so many so far !

Well so many different roms, kernels, that I am irritated after reading.

Let me sort it a bit:

There are Riley-Roms, for JB 4.2.2. and KK 4.4.

Arctablet , so-called Kasty-Roms eg. http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...140326/page-2/

original Pipo Rom http://www.pipo.cn/En/index.php?m=Pr...&type=2&id=285
            , now a bit old PiPO M7pro software_WiFi&3G_English version_20140526

and then the possibility to flash different kernels ?!

Well,
            in the end, I ask simply your advice by experiences, which Rom/kernel should i flash and update my Pipo M7 pro

I want following functions working well or simply stable, maybe better than in my current firmware, which I write soon down below:

- Wlan / Wifi stable. I get disconnections often and soon every few minutes and need to reconnect. This is only with my Pipo M7 pro, my other laptops, devices work well.
            Hope, it gets better with certain new Rom/kernel.
            Or is really hardware fix needed, which I found in this forum ?!

- battery drain ?, since some time, the battery runs down to 0% in 1 to few days, even when wifi & BT off, no 3G SIM card inserted. Battery runs down, even when pipo was booted down to really off.
            Better by rom/kernel ? or does only fix help, to switch to flight mode ?

- GPS for real navigation, no assistance by network wifi or 3G, GPS-only position, behaviour could be better than with my current rom.
            So I need a Rom/kernel, in which GPS works, and please works well
            I use M7 quite often for car navigation with app Be on Road , offers free navigation by the new maps from OSM, I think, open street maps, so navigation works GPS-only, no assist necessary by 3G or wifi, or loading maps from internet like in google-maps. I have my maps on the SD card, downloaded by Be on Road app via my home's wifi.
            Though, GPS/Glonass (yes, the M7 can receive American GPS satellites combined with Russian Glonass satellites), behaviour could be better, maybe by kernel/Rom ?!

- camera, some pictures, some video recording should be possible, also like eg. skype with video ?!
            - sound, of course, also via cable to external amplifier like car-radio, eg. listening youtube, skype phone calls via internet, whatsapp, wechat...
            (- USB, HDMI, screen mirroring via wlan? , should work of course, , I think all hardware functions the theoretical good M7 pro 3G offers.)

So all in all, I am an uncomplicated basic user, I think
            The 3G option I never tried, so far wlan was enough. But I wanted a tablet with 3G possibility, because in future 3G becomes cheaper.

Now my current configuration:

Pipo M7 pro 3G
            Android 4.2.2
            Baseband version UNA
            Kernel version 3.0.36+
            root@alex-system-Product-Name #80
            Thu Dec 5 10:07:17 CST 2013
            Build Nr. rk30sdk-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39
            eng.root.20131205.134750 test-keys

Please give me an advice
            Last edited by pipom7pro-user; 05-04-2015, 14:53.

Comment

dear pipom7pro-user, welcome here !
              It's a pleasure to add you to the community.
              Regarding M7P wifi disconnections.
              I'm afraid it is only a pure hardware problem;
              this was the problem which initially brought me into ROM reflashing.
              But I was inspired by the solution for same problem on the M9P and I'm happy to report that the hardware fix has since made my tablet just work.

Comment

Hey guys!

Can anyone attach the messaging app? com.android.mms

Mine keeps giving me errors.

Thank you!

Comment

Hi Guys!

Can someone send me the D33's Kernel?
                  There is some new ROM instead this one? thanks

Comment

Am I right to assume that this project is dead in the water? Anyone tried any new ROMs, or promising kernels lately?

Plus, what is your most robust & powerful combo of kernel & ROM?

Comment

The project isn't exactly dead in the water. The RileyROM's for some Pipo tablets are now FreakTab ROM's, with the help of our kernel developers. Here's an example:

Check out the development section http://freaktab.com/forum/tablet-sup...pment-projects for threads based on the kernel sources we were able to obtain from Pipo.

I would use this ROM, and try flashing the newer versions of d33's kernel.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I'll try the newest combination. I do hope that the community still keeps on going. I feel the hardware and capability is still good enough to progress further.

Comment

Hey gus, need your help. I think I did something stupid and am stuck now. I flashed this Rom again, as I always do, because the tablet was performing very slowly. For some reason I deceided to wipe the device via TWRP and did not think of making a backup, now I'm stuck at the RileyRom logo and can't get it to flash again (I can access TWRP though). I believe there is basically no OS installed right now. Is there a way to flash via TWRP? Or do you might know a rom which is installable via TWRP (because I can't seem to find one). Appreciate the help.

UPDATE: Never mind, I managed to flash it via the flash tool. I don't know how but suddenly the tablet was found by the tool and it worked.
                          Last edited by Al33; 01-24-2016, 00:30.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you got it going.

I've found that the best solution is to walk away from it for a while...let the dust settle in you head...then follow the steps again.

There are soooooo many variables in the process...USB connection, drivers, NAND chip states and of coarse holding your mouth just right that can make a huge difference.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Hey Riley. I've been using this rom now for quite some time and unfortunately my tablet hasn't been great performance wise. As someone stated above, 3.4. is pretty laggy even shortly after flashing its kind of slow. Typing in Onenote for example is so laggy, I have to wait for the tablet to catch up while typing. Well I'm not an expert on the whole kernel-stuff but do you think there could might be a solution to my problem with a new kernel? And is there one you would recommend? I was also thinking about going back to 2.7. but I would rather not downgrade. Do you have a recommendation for me about what I should do with my tablet?

Thank you very much in advance.

Comment

@rrileypm the download links are down. Do you have a working download link? I need the the ROM to revive my Pipo M7Pro tablet.

Gr Frank

Comment

Working...
                                X