No announcement yet.

Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 3.4 KitKat 4.4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any plans for a new update soon? Riley because I haven't used the latest roms, which one is more stable to install? I have the wifi/3G version, not interested for GPS navigation, ty in advance

--------------------------
    Στάλθηκε από το Xperia Z2 μου,μεσω tapatalk. Πιθανά ορθογραφικά, χαχα την κατανόηση σας!

Comment

Re : Stable rom

Originally posted by lancelot View Post
      Any plans for a new update soon? Riley because I haven't used the latest roms, which one is more stable to install? I have the wifi/3G version, not interested for GPS navigation, ty in advance

Στάλθηκε από το Xperia Z2 μου,μεσω tapatalk. Πιθανά ορθογραφικά, χαχα την κατανόηση σας!
      If you installed most of riley roms, you can find which one is more stable easily. My answer must be 3.4 as the latest roms if you dont need to use GPS function. You can try. then you can feel it with my comments.

Comment

Απ: Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 3.4 KitKat 4.4.2

Originally posted by lee3561 View Post
        If you installed most of riley roms, you can find which one is more stable easily. My answer must be 3.4 as the latest roms if you dont need to use GPS function. You can try. then you can feel it with my comments.
        Ty mate I will try it out

Comment

Originally posted by lee3561 View Post
          yep, 3.4 i think its the best right now, but i really want the GPS function .. with that i think it will be perfect! good work in advance

Comment

Can't download

hi everybody... There is a problem with the downloads of the latest roms... well at least I'm trying to download rom 3.0.1 to 3.4 but I only get "404 Not Found" Can anybody try to fix it....Thank a lot Randy for the roms, 3.4 is the best with no GPS, but I want to try 3.0.1 because I want the GPS to work.

Comment

Hello again, installed 3.4,everything run smoothly. A more generic question. As know I use for most time my mobile phone, I decided to use pipo m7pro only for Android games. Is there a way/fix when I install a large game to change the installation files to SD card? I tried with app2sd and link2sd and still the large files are being installed in nand flash memory. Ty in advance

Στάλθηκε από το M7pro μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lancelot View Post
                Hello again, installed 3.4,everything run smoothly. A more generic question. As know I use for most time my mobile phone, I decided to use pipo m7pro only for Android games. Is there a way/fix when I install a large game to change the installation files to SD card? I tried with app2sd and link2sd and still the large files are being installed in nand flash memory. Ty in advance

Στάλθηκε από το M7pro μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
                I would install the ROM and use a different partition layout. See the main RileyRom thread where he talks about changing the partition layout file while installing the ROM.

Comment

Question

Hi to all, i have a question
                  Can i go back to stock firmware 4.4.2 if i have Riley rom 3.4.1?
                  What are steps to follow?

Thanks

Comment

If you are going back to a KitKat version, there's no special steps. Just flash the firmware using the RKBatchTool. The problems occur if you are going back to a Jellybean ROM, since the bootloader.bin is different (among other things...like the metadata partition).
                    Randy
                    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                      If you are going back to a KitKat version, there's no special steps. Just flash the firmware using the RKBatchTool. The problems occur if you are going back to a Jellybean ROM, since the bootloader.bin is different (among other things...like the metadata partition).
                      Would you suggest installing KitKat version 3.4 or some earlier like 2.8.1 wich seem to be stable or the latest JellyBean?
                      Last edited by iliasksg; 08-18-2014, 12:26.

Comment

AW: Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 3.4 KitKat 4.4.2

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                        Its worth a try. Most of that stuff is in the kernel. If we only had the sources...we could make our own.
                        What about the thread “binary patched bla bla... they seem to have the kernel sources for m6 which should have the same chipset, can't we use this source files?

Comment

No they (we) don't...at the moment...have the sources to the kernel. That's why we have to do binary patches. That involves either manually changing things with a hex editor, or using scripts to do it...but only on certain things that we know what to change.

In order to rewrite the kernel, we need the sources from Pipo. AND that may become a reality very soon. But I, myself, have NEVER compiled a kernel...it will be up to our kernel guys to see if we can make a difference...even with the sources.

Stay tuned. We may have some firmware updates in the not to distant future that will solve some of these problems...but my crystal ball is still a little hazy ATM.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                          Donate here

Comment

But why they have special kernels with improved gps and different scripts for modifying them. There is one user called maaki who provided it....

Comment

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that one.

Sent from my P1 using Tapatalk
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Take a look at post nr 711 from first of may in the binary patched bla thread

Comment

Working...
                                X