Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 3.4 KitKat 4.4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-user

Is there any chance of bringing back the multi-user feature?
    Just updated from v2.0 where I had that feature

Comment

The command is already set in build.prop to do that, but in KK you need to run an Xposed Framework module to activate it. Be careful...Xposed is not ART compatible.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        The command is already set in build.prop to do that, but in KK you need to run an Xposed Framework module to activate it. Be careful...Xposed is not ART compatible.
        Thanks. it worked.

Comment

I'm about to re-flash my tablet but I'm not sure about which version to pick. Is the latest one working stable? or are there any known issues? How about the in-app-camera bug, has that been solved?

thanks

AL

Comment

This is the ROM I'm currently running on my tablet. I have not encountered any problems...it's very stable.

As for the camera bug...I'm not aware of any problems with the camera, but it's been a while since I've tested it. I've been working on the newer P series tablets, so it's been a couple of weeks since I've booted my M7 Pro.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

The Problem is not the camera itself, but apps using the camera such as barcode scanners for example don't work on any rr versions i tried

Comment

Check post #1 for version 3.4.2.

I've added some battery saving tweaks to the build.prop...the modified libril file for better deep sleep...and edited framework.jar to allow for full mult-user functions without having to run Xposed Framework.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Thank you for the info, I will try this latest version then, I just hope the camera bug gets solved. I'm using Evernote to scan worksheets and other stuff and so it's pretty annoying :-(

Comment

really ?

Originally posted by herrjemineh View Post
                    The Problem is not the camera itself, but apps using the camera such as barcode scanners for example don't work on any rr versions i tried
                    I write my own apps with QRcode decoding and I can tell that they work OK on rr2.7 on my m7pro.

Comment

This rom is awesome!!
                      I have try many roms , but my m7pro always auto-reboot or crash everyday.
                      And those problems have been bothering me over one year !
                      NOW This RileyROM 3.4 KitKat 4.4.2 solved most all of my problems!!
                      In standby mode , the battery just drop 1~2% after 12 hours.
                      Just a pity , 4.4.2 Kitkat desktop only in landscape mode and can not auto-rotate to portrait ?
                      In 4.2.2 , the desktop could auto-rotate to
                      landscape or portrait.

Anyway , this rom is so great and I have donate for my thankness.

Comment

Originally posted by TestPilot View Post
                        This rom is awesome!!
                        I have try many roms , but my m7pro always auto-reboot or crash everyday.
                        And those problems have been bothering me over one year !
                        NOW This RileyROM 3.4 KitKat 4.4.2 solved most all of my problems!!
                        In standby mode , the battery just drop 1~2% after 12 hours.
                        Just a pity , 4.4.2 Kitkat desktop only in landscape mode and can not auto-rotate to portrait ?
                        In 4.2.2 , the desktop could auto-rotate to
                        landscape or portrait.

Anyway , this rom is so great and I have donate for my thankness.
                        Hi you can try this launcher taken fom my M8HD that rotates : see this post

Comment

Originally posted by stevejc View Post
                          Hi you can try this launcher taken fom my M8HD that rotates : see this post
                          http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post201988
                          It works~~Thank you~~

And I have a question , using ART mode I re-boot the tablet ,
                          the apps always modify again and take a lot time.
                          Is it normal or I need to do something to correct it ?

Comment

That's the same problem everyone is reporting with ART.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by stevejc View Post

Give me the kernel you use I will give you a script that you can adapt to your need.

You will go for that in M7 thread

Not 3.4.2 because it's wifi only.

It's the RileyROM 3.4.1 for Pipo M7pro 3G which has only kernel suitable for Gameloft games. Only kernel which allow games eaven start but some units are not that stable. Some units are 100% stable. Units that are stable that i have are made 07/2014 and are wifi only because since 03/2014 M7pro 3G was discontinued and M7t model replaced it.

Still games crash at diffrent stages 1-3 minutes so i would suspect CPU not the 3G driver part in the kernel.

With Android 4.2 these Pipo M7pro 3G units are Gameloft game stable.

Comment

Originally posted by sikke View Post
                                http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...at-4-4-2/page3

Not 3.4.2 because it's wifi only.

It's the RileyROM 3.4.1 for Pipo M7pro 3G which has only kernel suitable for Gameloft games. Only kernel which allow games eaven start but some units are not that stable. Some units are 100% stable. Units that are stable that i have are made 07/2014 and are wifi only because since 03/2014 M7pro 3G was discontinued and M7t model replaced it.

Still games crash at diffrent stages 1-3 minutes so i would suspect CPU not the 3G driver part in the kernel.

With Android 4.2 these Pipo M7pro 3G units are Gameloft game stable.
                                hi,

here is some kernels that I have built.

all are overvolted a little and some are blocked to 1416 Mhz to test.

here is the script I use

good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X