• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you. I gladly try them out.

Comment

My experiences with 3.4.1

I've updated to 3.4.1 two weeks ago.
      I was on 2.0 and experienced slowness, chrome impossible to work, occasionally crashes and reboots on some games (like angry birds epic and go and others), tablet freezing for a while after connecting to wifi etc.

First thing, I tried the above games that my son plays and they crashed almost directly after loading. I think it has to do with my cpu because many didn't have the crashes with my previous rom either. So I flashed "kernel_M7Pro34_cpu1608-low_gpu600_ddr720.zip" kernel from cshock2010.

The tablet just flies.
      Now the tablet:
      • Is very responsive
      • chrome works like a charm
      • wifi works very good, no disconnections (was ok on 2.0 also)
      • no freezing after connecting to wifi.
      • No problems with Camera, as in 2.0. Can switch to back camera and back again. Tried Barcode scanner and it's ok
      • Battery lasts long. All night long it looses only 4%
      • GPS is not working as you know, but I tried to connect and old external gps thru Bluetooth and it works likea charm.
      • Multi-user works. I run Xposed framework and created four users for me, my wife, my son and a guest account. Switching and everything else is perfect.
      • No game crashes and restarts anymore

I think that now the tablet works as it should and I'm extremely pleased with it. I think that without the kernel from cshock2010 everything would be the same except the game crashes. So a big thanks to rrileypm and cshock2010

Comment

Could you link to that kernel

Comment

Originally posted by sikke View Post
          Could you link to that kernel
          it's in the second post on the first page.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Hey all,
              here i found a new official ROM, it was released a bit time ago 2014.05.26.

I could not test it till now due the lack of time, so may somebody else could have fun with it

greetings

Comment

Is anyone else having massive battery drains? I have 40% drain over night, with juice defender set to close the wifi and airplane mode activated. How is this possible?

Can someone help me?

Comment

Re : GPS Issues

Hello, guys.
                  Please let me know when the Newest Rom without GPS issues is updated. Any news?

Comment

Thanks for all of the feedback. I'm still trying to track down that GPS problem with this ROM...but I'm thinking it's something in the kernel which prevents it from working. The M7 Pro is on the list of Pipo-Project tablets we are hoping to provide further kernel development for. I'm waiting on our first set of source code from Pipo.
                    Randy
                    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                    Donate here

Comment

It works much better! Thank you so much Randy!

Comment

User Interface Customization

Hello all,

Things seems to became stable and swift. Is there any intention of anyone to start modding Randy ROM on the sense of usability and looks?

Comment

we need a rom with working GPS i hope pipo has not given up updates for the M7..it's a great tablet.. so it seems that the latest official rom from pipo is the one above dated 2014_5_26 ?? Is this a JB or KK firmware? I need to know so that I can flash the proper bootloader.. also, if you have plans for a new smartphone try the Vivo Xshot.. I have received mine and it is the best android device I have seen from China..BY FAR
                          Last edited by steliosg13; 10-03-2014, 07:28.

Comment

I flashed it now and I can confirm that the camera problem seems solved, at least using the in-built cam function of Evernote works now. Now I'm happy with my tablet again =)

@China Phones: I just recently got me a Cubot S208 for 89$, can't beat that I think XD great phone.

Comment

GPS

Any news with the GPS? It's the only thing missing. Everything else is prerfect

Comment

3.4.2 Big bug

when i input power My bluetooth be die everytimes
                                It's Big Bug

Comment

Working...
                                X