No announcement yet.

Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 3.4 KitKat 4.4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you please tell me what exactly the differences are between 3.4.1 and 3.4.2?

Gesendet von meinem M7pro mit Tapatalk

Comment

I've edited build.prop in 3.4.2 to turn off 3G background functions that drain battery on non 3G tablets.

I also edited framework.jar to turn on the multi user feature without using Xposed.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

so for me as i am using a 3g device it shouldnt make any difference, right?

i dunno why, but i have the feeling that 3.4.2 is a little laggy compared to 3.4.1, is that possible?

on the other hand i had the 3.4.1 version just for an hour or two...

Comment

Theoretically, it should be less laggy than 3.4.1. I dunno....
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

hm...

Comment

new firmware shared on baidu from china ?

found this one:
              百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

is this something we 've never used yet ?

discovered here:

who's this guy suiyufeng ? reliable ?

tks

edit : uploaded maybe on 2014-10-25 17:24
              Last edited by raxy; 11-02-2014, 14:47. Reason: share date

Comment

So pipo did not put the m7pro into the closet and keep working in Roms?

Gesendet von meinem M7pro mit Tapatalk

Comment

That is another custom ROM. There isn't anything new from Pipo.

We ARE working on some updates.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

I really hope there is something new coming soon.

Right now my 3G is just barely usable. I often, actually everytime at the moment, have to go into flightmode to "reset" the 3G modem in order to get a connection, sometimes I even have to reboot.
                    And sometimes it just loses connection while surfing (roaming sign disappears over the signal icon).

Sometimes after reboot I only get a error after entering my pin "Sim operation failed" -> have to reboot.

Anybody else experiences this?

Comment

My WIFI Only M7 pro is rock solid on the 3.4.2 firmware, sorry don't have the 3G. Hoping to see the GPS issue addressed sometime though

Comment

Originally posted by MikeScag View Post
                        My WIFI Only M7 pro is rock solid on the 3.4.2 firmware, sorry don't have the 3G. Hoping to see the GPS issue addressed sometime though
                        I'm on 3.4.1 on my M7 pro wifi and it rocks also. Only the gps is missing. Hope to see a fix soon. And hopefully one that doesn't need to reflash a whole rom.

Comment

What do you guys get on latest antutu benchmark?I get 24000 with OC 720 Ram Kernel.I was getting 23000 on stock kernel.With Riley ROM 2.7 benchmarks were over 30000.However real life performance is better and the tablet is stable with RR 3.4.2. Why such a drop in benchmarks though?Unless Antutu are now using different test methods? Also, what is happening with GPS. How difficult can it be to fix. 😢 Thanks for all the work.

Comment

Just to point out there is a TEST kernel built in this thread that it would be useful to get more feedback on from EXPERIENCED users. I would like to know if kernel 015 onward work for users with Goodix touchscreens. Might be worth testing other things like camera and GPS too.
                            Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                            Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                            Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                            Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                            CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                            Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                            RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Unfortunately, I made it to the firehouse without my M7 Pro. I try to keep the most relevant/active test devices with me...but I got tired of lugging around 8 tablets in my backpack. I guess I offloaded the M7 Pro by mistake.

As soon as I get home in the morning, I will flash the kernel and give you a report.

Thanks for your hard work, despite the fact that our support from Pipo is in remission.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                                Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 3.4 KitKat

This ROM is based on official Pipo factory firmware dated 7/8/14.

This new kernel fixes the sound problem with 3.3, however I believe there may be a GPS issue with this kernel.

This ROM is:

Rooted
                                Debloated
                                Init.d/Busybox support
                                User app space options from 1 to 12gb (4gb default)
                                Auto Install available (as with my other ROM's)
                                TWRP Recovery by Abdul_pt...installed after first boot
                                Google Play Store fixes
                                All of the typical RileyROM features

Reboot app by Petrus
                                Flash Tool by Finless
                                Boot animation by me

Note: This is now 3.4.1 with possible fixes to download app.

Download

Edit: I've added v3.4.2 with some more tweaks (Not for 3G versions):

1. Battery saving ways to turn off unnecessary 3G services on wifi only tablets.
                                2. Full Multi-User support added without having to run Xposed Framework.

v3.4.2

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget to donate to support future RileyROM's here on Freaktab...that really helps me stay up to date on the latest devices.
                                Can't seem to download the ROM's, anything wrong with freak-tab.de?

Is there another way to download the v3.4.2?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X