No announcement yet.

Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 3.4 KitKat 4.4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've been having network problems with our FTP server the last two days. Neomode is working on the problem. Try again later.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Hello Randy, any chances of getting a new rom or you've switched to other hardware?
      I'm currently on 3.0.1 and it works great but the fact that I don't have the GPS running is nagging me a bit.
      Thinking to switch back to 2.8 but I had issues with touch screen not working at reboot in that version so I'm not sure.

Comment

We actually have new firmware development in progress over in the Pipo Development Project forum. We are still in the testing stages of a new kernel and firmware developed by our own Freaktab team from source code that was released to us from Pipo/Rockchip.

Check out these two threads:

Raxy has taken on the M7 Pro and is doing some great work with the kernel.

I'm planning on spending some time Wednesday testing his latest ROM and adding some of the RileyROM magic to it very soon.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Thanks for the update, looking forward to see more magic stuff from you guys!
          Any chance of Lollipop? (Yes, I know, I'm pushing my luck! :P )

Greetings from this side of the pond and thanks again for your fantastic ROM~

Comment

No possible lolipop for now, at least starting from Pipo's material as they do not exist and/or we do not have them.

Comment

Hi Randy,

Just to let you know I used d33's V1.32 kernel from the development '[Pipo-Project] M7Pro kernel' in place of the kernel in this ROM and the GPS is working. I have not found any other problems so far but I am still testing.
              v1.32 d33 for m7pro (Steve compatible )

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I hope to have time today to flash my M7 Pro and test it with D33's kernel. My whole week has been devoted to another project...I'm ready to play again.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

And also check if on screen brightness control slider works correctly...
                  Last edited by raxy; 04-04-2015, 19:40.

Comment

Hey, this is great news! Im really tempted to try it today, but Im out of town for the next week and wont be able to do much with my M7 if there are problems. Will most likely try when I get back. Are there any instructions for installing the new kernel image? I haven't tried doing anything like this before

Comment

Hi Raxy, The screen brightness control slider works but it appears to be the wrong way around to me (sliding to the right makes the screen darker). The screen is totally dark when you get to near the right end of the slider so you cannot see anything on the screen. The auto brightness does not seem to work.

Comment

Try this
                        Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                        Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                        Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                        Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                        CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                        Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                        RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
                          Try this
                          Hi d33, The slider works the right way now but when I go to auto the screen goes totally dark so you cannot see anything. It appears as if when you go to auto the tablet defaults to minimum using this kernel or maximum when using your first kernel.

Comment

Originally posted by tgray View Post

Hi d33, The slider works the right way now but when I go to auto the screen goes totally dark so you cannot see anything. It appears as if when you go to auto the tablet defaults to minimum using this kernel or maximum when using your first kernel.
                            Thanks for the quick feedback. I don't know why this should be. The tablet uses the same light sensor as all the other Pipo models (us5151) and they all seem to respond ok to auto brightness. I'll look into it tomorrow and see if I can spot anything. Can you post a DMESG for me?

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by tgray View Post

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post

Hi d33, Auto brightness works now. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X