Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 3.4 KitKat 4.4.2

Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 3.4 KitKat

This ROM is based on official Pipo factory firmware dated 7/8/14.

This new kernel fixes the sound problem with 3.3, however I believe there may be a GPS issue with this kernel.

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d/Busybox support
    User app space options from 1 to 12gb (4gb default)
    Auto Install available (as with my other ROM's)
    TWRP Recovery by Abdul_pt...installed after first boot
    Google Play Store fixes
    All of the typical RileyROM features

Reboot app by Petrus
    Flash Tool by Finless
    Boot animation by me

Note: This is now 3.4.1 with possible fixes to download app.

Download

Edit: I've added v3.4.2 with some more tweaks (Not for 3G versions):

1. Battery saving ways to turn off unnecessary 3G services on wifi only tablets.
    2. Full Multi-User support added without having to run Xposed Framework.

v3.4.2

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget to donate to support future RileyROM's here on Freaktab...that really helps me stay up to date on the latest devices.
    Last edited by rrileypm; 09-01-2014, 21:24.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

If anyone wants to try some OC'd kernels, here they are:

M7Pro Modified Kernels
    for RileyRom 3.4 [KK]
    Kernels_M7Pro_RR34.....zip
    Proud M7Pro owner and Freaktab fan

Comment

AutoBrightness

Thanks for next version of your firmware.
      There is the problem with AutoBrightness. How to solve this?

Comment

rrileypm

Hi,Randy.
        After installing this firmware I always get error: com.android.launcher3 has been stopped.
        I'm install from ADB ApexLauncher (my preffered).
        Please, see it and fix.

Comment

"unforntunately, the process android.process.media has stopped" when tried to open Download manager ... any solution? i had this error on 3.0 and 3.2 ...

GPS not working.. will go back to 3.3... like GPS on that...

Thanks

Comment

Those have been known issues in the last two firmware updates. At least sound works on this one. While my tablet seems to run smoother and faster on this ROM...Pipo took some steps backwards recently. I hope they will fix it.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              Those have been known issues in the last two firmware updates. At least sound works on this one. While my tablet seems to run smoother and faster on this ROM...Pipo took some steps backwards recently. I hope they will fix it.
              i really want gps, so for now 3.3 its the best choice, with audio kernel

Comment

Originally posted by davidsa View Post
                "unforntunately, the process android.process.media has stopped" when tried to open Download manager ... any solution? i had this error on 3.0 and 3.2 ...

GPS not working.. will go back to 3.3... like GPS on that...

Thanks
                For download manager, you can try the mediauploader.apk that was in the Riley 1.6 ROM for m8hd

I can't share it now but I know it's working

Here is a link to a zip file I made for m8hd, unzip it and get the apk in the directory /system/app

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!
                Last edited by stevejc; 07-14-2014, 23:11. Reason: link

Comment

Originally posted by stevejc View Post
                  For download manager, you can try the mediauploader.apk that was in the Riley 1.6 ROM for m8hd

Thank you!

But .... 3.3 GPS its not working too Randy?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by davidsa View Post
                    Thank you!

But .... 3.3 GPS its not working too Randy?

Thanks
                    As I remember this ROM for m7pro was very similar to the rom pipo made for m8hd dated 6th June.
                    More similar than before and m8hd doesn't have GPS so maybe they took the m8hd ROM to make this one for m7 and forget some files for GPS !

Comment

As I remember this ROM for m7pro was very similar to the rom pipo made for m8hd dated 6th June.
                      More similar than before and m8hd doesn't have GPS so maybe they took the m8hd ROM to make this one for m7 and forget some files for GPS !
                      damn.. thats bad.. all i need to do is wait?

Can i copy some GPS files from another ROM to 3.4 ROM ?

Comment

Another problem I've found is JB apps stuck in KK firmware. That's the main source of sync issues. I bet that a TWRP installation of Gapps would solve some issues.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Here is a link to a zip file I made for m8hd, unzip it and get the apk in the directory /system/app

https://mega.co.nz/#!hFMGDIrZ!0wD1s_...uHlYAh5VavDzgc
                          I think i need a DownloadProviderUi.apk no?, because i still have the same problem, pasting mediauploader.apk in that directory ..

thanks

Comment

Let me see if I can locate a set of apps that will work better. I'm at work, so its on my list.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

I've updated this to v3.4.1, with possible fixes to the downloadUI app.

Let me know if it works for you. I haven't had time to test...too busy with 3 different ROM's ATM.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X