Pipo U3T RileyROM 1.0 Jellybean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo U3T RileyROM 1.0 Jellybean

Earlier this year, Pipo introduced a new version of the U3 with the ability to make phone calls. This version is called the U3T. It's basically a 7" Phablet...(although I hate the term phablet for some reason).

Anyway, since FT member Neoal inquired whether the U3 ROM could be used on the U3T (the answer is no). I decided to post a ROM specifically for the U3T.

Now, since this device has phone calling capability, you need to understand some things about phone ROM's. There is some important information you need to backup or write down prior to installing a custom ROM. You need the MAC address and the IMEI number. The flashing process may erase this information from the tablet...and you will need to restore it before you can use it as a phone.

I'm not exactly sure how to restore the info on a Rockchip device, so you may have to do a little research on your own....if you discover that the MAC address and IMEI number are in fact erased. It's just something to consider, since it may be next week before I can offer any individual support.

Otherwise, flashing this ROM is pretty straight forward. Just follow the detailed instructions in the First Time User's Guide included in the zip file of this ROM.

I did not include a custom recovery with this ROM. I'm on time constraints...leaving town on vacation. You can add that later (I recommend flashing first with the stock recovery and then flash the custom recovery after the first boot by unchecking all of the other elements from the flash tool, and flash without erasing IDB). Here's a link to Abdul_Pt's TWRP recovery. http://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/TWR...0x800_rk31.img

This ROM is based on official Pipo U3T firmware dated 3/12/14.

As usual this ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d Support
    Busybox Support
    English Default
    1-12gb user app space by changing parameter files
    Reboot app by Petrus
    Updated First Time User's Guide (Please read this guide before attempting to install the first time)
    RKBatchTool included in the kit as an alternate way to reboot to flash mode (Switch button)
    Rockchip driver installer app is now included in the kit

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!! Your donations keep me updated with the latest tablets to test on.
    Last edited by rrileypm; 07-26-2014, 15:39.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

I fixed the link above to the correct ROM. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sent from my 709_v92_jbla858 using Tapatalk
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Hola,podeis volver a subir la rom el link esta roto, muchas gracias.
      Last edited by diminuto; 05-30-2018, 01:48.

Comment

Working...
      X