Pipo P4 RileyROM 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo P4 RileyROM 2.0

These ROM's are based on official Pipo firmware. Wifi version #665 dated 10/28/14. There is no new 3G only version at this time.

There was no indication of changes in the firmware, so I can't tell you what is different.

This ROM is:

Rooted Clockworkmod Superuser
    Deboated
    English default (full language support)
    Google Play Store fixes added to allow more compatible apps
    Init.d/Busybox support added
    Pre-Install added (can install apps automatically from external SD "autoinstall" folder)
    Reboot App by Petrus
    2, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12gb user app space (by choosing the desired parameter file).
    TWRP Recovery by Abdul_pt
    Multi-user support added with changes in framework.jar to activate it.

Edit: Now v2.0.1 to fix boot loop on flashing.

Download
    wifi Version
    Download 3G Version

Enjoy...and please don't forget to donate!!!!!
    Last edited by rrileypm; 11-06-2014, 03:00.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

ok.... just did a quick flash from 1.9 and i got a stuck pipo screen ?

Comment

So,is this rom working or not?

Comment

well im waiting for some feedback myself.... i got a bricked p4 at the moment.... see what riley thinks ?

Comment

Let me check a couple of things. I really didn't do anything different on this ROM.

For troubleshooting purposes, can someone please try flashing the ROM with the stock parameter file? It's the one with 1gb in the file name, or no gb designation (I can't remember without booting up my kitchen PC...which I haven't done yet this morning). It could be that I messed up the parameter calculations (but I don't think so).

The only other thing that may cause a problem is that I edited framework.jar in the system/framework folder to turn on Multi-User. Sometimes that causes the boot loop. That will be my next thing to look at. I may try running that whole ROM again, skipping that part to see if it solves the problem.

Every once in a while we have an all-nighter at the fire station. With it being Halloween, we were literally up all night on fires and medical emergencies. I'm afraid I won't be of much use helping until I get a nap. So, let me catch up on a couple of hours of sleep, and I will drag out my laptop and take another look at this ROM. The P8 ROM I did last night is doing the same thing....so I will have to fix both ROMs...but my eyes are blurry at the moment for lack of sleep.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

I've uploaded the ROM again. Let's see if it boots, now.

Use the link in post #1
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              I've uploaded the ROM again. Let's see if it boots, now.

Use the link in post #1
              Hi Randy, unfortunately still hanging on initial Pipo splash screen. I had to hold Volume+ and power keys to force loader mode to reflash 1.9

Comment

OK, let's try it one more time. I've changed the link to v2.0.1.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Hi Randy, 2.01 boots OK now but there's a problem with Recovery. After I flash TWRP and boot to recovery I only get a black screen. I tried to reflash recovery including the one from the 1.9 folder but still the same.

OK, if I plug in an HDMI cable I can see TWRP on the TV so it seems that on this new rom the screen is off on recovery
                  Last edited by Billcnz; 11-02-2014, 03:29.

Comment

I did manage to get my TWRP backup of data partition restored using HDMI and TV but problem was you can't see where you're touching so it's a bit of guess work. I tried an OTG mouse but while that works in Android it's not working in the current TWRP.

Comment

im getting 3288bootfile non exsistant when i try final flash ?

Comment

still the same....bump

Comment

Billcnz said that boots ok!!!!

Comment

Try a lower format first. Anyway for now 2.01 is running OK for me but I may have to flash again with a lower format first to see if it fixes my TWRP black screen issue. I think the first time I flashed I accidentally selected a wrong line when choosing Parameter4 and even though I reflashed it's affected recovery.

Sent from Tapatalk on my Pipo P4 running RR 2.01

Comment

Let me repack the TWRP recovery with the new kernel and resource files and see if it works again.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X