No announcement yet.

Pipo P8 RileyROM 1.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New problem: Sometimes tablet switches off. I checked battery monitor: What's that?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-22-17-54-41.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	435668
    I have two P8, one running factory firmware, the other one same firmware version, but optimized by Riley V1.6: same problems on both tablets.
    Last edited by otto8; 12-22-2014, 19:07.

Comment

To test the battery I've put it into flight mode, took out the Huawei module.. And still 20 % off the battery is for mobile stand-by! How do I stop this?

Comment

battery:
        When tablet shows battery at 1 %, battery is not really empty: I ran Antutu benchmark 9 times when battery was at 1 % without switching off tablet ...

exchange email account:
        adding exchange email account not working on 4.4.4-Rom. I tried Omas P1-Rom (Android 4.4.2): on this Rom I was able to add exchange account, but other things do not work (camera, ...)
        Last edited by otto8; 12-25-2014, 20:04.

Comment

Hi Silverbarrel - I've entered my comments inline below - maybe it helps as follows:
          Originally posted by Silverbarrel View Post
          - Most terrible sound I ever heard from a tablet in years, very metallic and cold: Viper4android does not help much and I didn't test it with the factory ROM but I fear it's not Riley's fault.
          Well it is very important, that you install the v4a drivers and to play around with the settings. After quite some tuning it is in the meantime OK for me to listen for several hours to my fav playlists on spotify or watch some tv movies on magine with the following settings:
          - while installation of the drivers I have chosen the battery saving option
          - activate FIREqualizer with the following settings:
          31 -> +3,0
          62 -> +3,0
          125 -> +3,0
          250 -> -0,5
          500 -> +2,0
          1k -> -1,0
          2k -> 0
          4k -> -6,5
          8k -> -4,0
          16k -> -1,5

- Convolver -> enabled
          - Impulse Response -> SPL TubeVitalizer Impulse Tight 2xLCFilter.irs from the free IRS files package
          - Cross Channel -> 40 percent
          - Reverbation -> disabled
          - Speaker optimization -> disabled
          - Extra Loud -> enabled
          - Select Effect Strength -> moderate
          - Max gain -> Inf
          - Max output -> 0 dB

Originally posted by Silverbarrel View Post
          - Wi-Fi range is weaker than with Mini 3GS.
          I've changed the settings as follows for a higher throughput in the build.prop:

net.ipv4.tcp_rmem
          6144 87380 524288

net.ipv4.tcp_wmem
          6144 87380 524288I

General recommendations

Entropy changed to 512 (threshold read) and 1024 (threshold write) - adjusted w' the sEFix app or system tuner pro

SD cache changed to 1024 w' scheduler deadline adjusted w' system tuner pro

The settings above helped me a lot to improve performance - maybe this helps you as well.

Besides the battery drain I'm still a happy user of my P8

Comment

Thanks avant, that's all good info. I had the V4A drivers installed but somehow not the right app edition (there are several in google play), I re-installed it, this time from the web site (http://vipersaudio.com/blog/?page_id=48) and I do hear a difference.
            I'll try your other recommendations soon.

Originally posted by avant View Post
            Hi Silverbarrel - I've entered my comments inline below - maybe it helps as follows:

Well it is very important, that you install the v4a drivers and to play around with the settings. After quite some tuning it is in the meantime OK for me to listen for several hours to my fav playlists on spotify or watch some tv movies on magine with the following settings:
            - while installation of the drivers I have chosen the battery saving option
            - activate FIREqualizer with the following settings:
            31 -> +3,0
            62 -> +3,0
            125 -> +3,0
            250 -> -0,5
            500 -> +2,0
            1k -> -1,0
            2k -> 0
            4k -> -6,5
            8k -> -4,0
            16k -> -1,5

- Convolver -> enabled
            - Impulse Response -> SPL TubeVitalizer Impulse Tight 2xLCFilter.irs from the free IRS files package
            - Cross Channel -> 40 percent
            - Reverbation -> disabled
            - Speaker optimization -> disabled
            - Extra Loud -> enabled
            - Select Effect Strength -> moderate
            - Max gain -> Inf
            - Max output -> 0 dB

I've changed the settings as follows for a higher throughput in the build.prop:

net.ipv4.tcp_rmem
            6144 87380 524288

net.ipv4.tcp_wmem
            6144 87380 524288I

General recommendations

Entropy changed to 512 (threshold read) and 1024 (threshold write) - adjusted w' the sEFix app or system tuner pro

SD cache changed to 1024 w' scheduler deadline adjusted w' system tuner pro

The settings above helped me a lot to improve performance - maybe this helps you as well.

Besides the battery drain I'm still a happy user of my P8
            Silverbarrel
            www.gadgetvictims.com

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              Not much feedback on this ROM. Can anyone report your experience with it?
              I just installed it earlier today, my first tablet flash and it was fun!
              Excellent instruction and info included in the download, I even managed to flash my backed up userdata and backup images.
              So everything seems to be working seamlessly.

Comment

Randy
                Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

Is someone else also having issues with Netflix? I do have 2 or 3 stripes wifi, but about every 5 minutes it stops and I have to reload. On my nexus 5 with the same strength there is no problem.

Also the south park app does not show video and I'm having trouble with the dutch Vodafone thuis app.

Comment

Flashed the Riley ROM

Thanks for the ROM.
                    Any change we will be getting a Lollipop ROM?

One problem I found, is when I hit the Downloads app, I get an error (media something or other stopped working).

Comment

One more bug ...

In the YouTube app, when I try to upload a video, the app crashes.

Comment

HDMI sound

Can someone check if they have audio on the HDMI output?
                        I seem to have a picture with no sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-s View Post
                          Can someone check if they have audio on the HDMI output?
                          I seem to have a picture with no sound.
                          I can't get sound either.

Comment

I cannot get sound from hdmi

Comment

I have to say, besides the hdmi this rom is still very stable. Also the tablet itself is the best one I've had! But is there going to be an update? I doubt?

Comment

Working...
                              X