Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M6 Pro Crashing

Hello everyone

I have M6 Pro which I have not used for a while, I stated to use it again and now it intermittent crashes.
    I upgraded to the latest Pipo_M6_Pro_FreaktabROM_1.1 which installed fine, but I'm still having problems with intermittent crashes: The screen freeks-out and you just see vertical lines and with the latest ROM it reboots itself after 5-7 secs.

Is my M6Pro busted for good?
    Can anything be done to fix this?

Thanks

PS. This site is great! If only real vendors were 1/2 as good as the guys on this site!

Can anyone offer a word of advice?
    Time for a new tablet?

Comment

When the display does that...it's usually a hardware problem.

I would suggest popping the back cover off and see if you have any loose connections on the ribbon cable that runs the display. Sometimes that fixes the problem.

Otherwise, I'm afraid you would either need to send it in for repairs, or consider a new tablet.

If you elect the repair route...let me warn you...it's a lengthy, sometimes negative process....and by the time you get the tablet back in working order, you might as well have bought a new one.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        When the display does that...it's usually a hardware problem.

I would suggest popping the back cover off and see if you have any loose connections on the ribbon cable that runs the display. Sometimes that fixes the problem.

Otherwise, I'm afraid you would either need to send it in for repairs, or consider a new tablet.

If you elect the repair route...let me warn you...it's a lengthy, sometimes negative process....and by the time you get the tablet back in working order, you might as well have bought a new one.
        Thank you for the reply

I was afraid of that...
        I will open it up and see if there is anything loose.

FWIW: The tablet was ran fine when I first got it, then it did not get ANY use for about 6 months. Now this problem popped up.

Thank you

Comment

I Opened it up and nothing looks out of place. Screen ribbon (I believe the one on the top) is still glued in place, so no point to re-seat.

Could it be an overheating problem? It happens almost immediately once I start playing fruit slice.

If I can not get this DIY fixed, is anyone interested in M6 PRO for parts? rrileypm is a busted M6 Pro of any use to you?

Comment

I can't think of a use for it. Does it just do it while gaming?
            Randy
            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              I can't think of a use for it. Does it just do it while gaming?

It happens very quickly if you play fruit slice, if just casual use: browser etc... it may take a lot longer and its totally random. But playing games crashes it quickly.

It almost seems like some silver CPU/GPU compound dried out and the CPU/GPU is overheating and or not dissipating heat correctly. This is what happened (stability BSOD) with a laptop G73JH I have, after re-applying silver heat compound all problems went away.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X