Pipo P9 RileyROM 1.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    Your NAND chip is the big one in the middle.

If you turn the tablet so that you read the printed text on the chip right side up, start on the left side of the chip and count up from the bottom.

This may require some trial and error. With the tablet plugged in to the USB hold the power button while shorting the pins. You may need to continue holding the power button during the flash. Sometimes, you can plug in the charger and you can let go of the power button.

tank you alot of mr randy, can you edit my nand flash chip pohoto?

Comment

Sorry, I will be mobile all day...away from a PC.

It's really a trial and error process. You won't hurt anything if you short the wrong pins...I've done it many times.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Sorry, I will be mobile all day...away from a PC.

It's really a trial and error process. You won't hurt anything if you short the wrong pins...I've done it many times.

tank you alotof mr randy MY PİPO P9 VERY GOOD VORKİNG NOWW. YOU ARE VERY GOOD MAN ...

Comment

I have the M9 3G version, but need not 3G at all. Can the WiFi version be flashed on the 3G tablet and maybe benefit from the mora aggressive battery saving properties?

Comment

I am getting a no connection to the server error message when I try to download this: http://www.freak-tab.de/rrileypm/Pip...leyROM_1.9.zip

Is just me? No luck on a windows 7 device or a lollipop device either.
            Last edited by riverrunner3; 04-17-2015, 20:39. Reason: added the type of error message

Comment

It appears that our ftp server is down right now. The problem has been reported. I dont have an ETA on when it will be fixed.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
              Donate here

Comment

I have upgraded my P9 from 1.6 to 1.9. Everything seems to work fine, except high battery drain. On 1.6, I had to rename the "libril-rk29-dataonly.so" file, which solved the same Problem on 1.6. However, the same trick seems not to work anymore on 1.9. Has anybody any idea or tip?

Comment

Originally posted by tnick61 View Post
                  I have upgraded my P9 from 1.6 to 1.9. Everything seems to work fine, except high battery drain. On 1.6, I had to rename the "libril-rk29-dataonly.so" file, which solved the same Problem on 1.6. However, the same trick seems not to work anymore on 1.9. Has anybody any idea or tip?
                  On the contrary, I have a kinda filling that the Tablet doesn't use the battery at all, since it's on 1.9...

Comment

Any news about our Pipo P9? It was not long ago it was said Pipo P9 and few more would be the first tabs to receive Android 5.0 Lollipop. What happened? http://www.spemall.com/forum/topic/2...oid-50-system/

Comment

It appears that Pipo has just stopped supporting any of their firmware. I haven't even seen test versions from my old sources. All of my contacts at Pipo have left the company...so I'm not getting any news.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

It appears that Pipo has just stopped supporting any of their firmware. I haven't even seen test versions from my old sources. All of my contacts at Pipo have left the company...so I'm not getting any news.
                        Hmm, that sounds quite bad. Is the firm in trouble? Are the targeting a new market? Is it 'just' a reorganisation?
                        I hope you can restore your contacts with Pipo, I really appreciate all your work. Is this situation frustrating to you?

Comment

I have to admit that...YES...I'm quite frustrated.

When I started learning how to cook ROM's a couple of years ago...Pipo was my goto brand. I've made custom ROM's for all of their products. Lately, though...Pipo has slowed down their releases of devices I'm able to work with. All of their current products are Windows based. Windows is Windows...there's no tweaking involved. I have tried several of them. And while they are very good products, they aren't all that interesting to me.

I cut my teeth on Rockchip development...and along the way, I've learned the MTK architecture. Pipo isn't producing new tablets with either CPU brand right now, and I haven't seen a firmware update for their Rockchip tablets since January.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

PiPO seems dead or it`s my imagination? wtf? no new F/W updates and i lost faith in lollipop for the P9! I will never buy any PiPO tablets again in the future!! no customers support pff
                            PROUD owner of PiPO M9 Pro
                            PiPO P9 best tablet ever owned!!!

PiPO Tablet Freak and Flashaholic!

Comment

After months of silence on facebook, pipo finally started posting again on the 23rd, one of their customer make query about update, this is part of the reply he/she got...

... This is the weakness of Android. If you like to have updated firmware, you should buy Apple with iOS or Windows. Don't buy Android.

I am not buying another pipo ever, big splash about lollipop on P1/P9 online, then silent for months, then such rude replies on their official page.

ps: additional response from pipo a couple of hours later that really shows they're not a company to trust:

Rockchip is not ready for Android 5.0 , What can I do ?
                              I am not Rockchip, I just buy Rockchip CPU to make tablets.

totally abdicating their responsibilities.
                              Last edited by fztt; 05-26-2015, 01:38.

Comment

How rude! IMO PiPO is dying slowly. This company never had decent customer support or service. I am loving my P9, but it will be my last PiPO tablet no doubt!!! They almost promised lollipop for the P9 = Big Fail!!
                                PROUD owner of PiPO M9 Pro
                                PiPO P9 best tablet ever owned!!!

PiPO Tablet Freak and Flashaholic!

Comment

Working...
                                X