No announcement yet.

Pipo P9 RileyROM 1.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof PiPO is cooking a Lollipop 5.1.1 ROM for the P9....

http://www.pipo.cn/bbs/forum.php?mod...d=14175&extra=
    PROUD owner of PiPO M9 Pro
    PiPO P9 best tablet ever owned!!!

PiPO Tablet Freak and Flashaholic!

Comment

Originally posted by Kenneth View Post
      Proof PiPO is cooking a Lollipop 5.1.1 ROM for the P9....

http://www.pipo.cn/bbs/forum.php?mod...d=14175&extra=
      Hope that there is a new rileyrom coming soon

Comment

Me too!

Comment

Originally posted by pipo40 View Post
          Soms months ago, the lock/unlock button broke. So I sent it back to Banggood. Finally I got it back and the button works again. As it has the original rom on it, I flashed my PiPo P9 wifi directly with the RileyROM 1.9.
          Now, I try to test the HDMI out but I cannot get any picture on two screens here (never used those tv's before, so I don't know if they work).

Just to be sure: I only have to enable the HDMI out inside the settings dialog, right? At that moment, I should directly get a picture on the second screen. Or do I have to have special apps that support the external screen before getting a picture? Do you guys have a clue? BTW, I'm using a mini-HDMI to HDMI plug and I attach a common HDMI cable from that plug to the TV screen.
          The HDMI was not defect, it was just my HDMI plug that was just not long enough. So, I cut some plastic from my plug and then HDMI started working. My previous P9 had no problems with the same plug, so therefore I first did not think about that.

Comment

I just came across an interesting link regarding Rockchip's "Light Work"

According to this web page it will first be installed on the P9.

Can anyone comment on this? Any idea if this will be available to existing P9's.
            I've been watching for activity on lollipop for P9 and it has been scarce. This seems to be a major development and it is apparently based on lollipop or at least has the option of using lollipop if you don't care for the "LIght Work OS".
            Last edited by steve98124; 08-28-2015, 06:08. Reason: fixed link

Comment

It's been several months since I've seen a firmware update from Pipo on any of the P series (RK3288) devices.

I kind of like the idea, but I haven't heard whether the new firmware would work on older P9's. Pipo has a tendency to change their PCB designs (even on the same models) without notice...making it impossible for newer firmware to work on the older products. While the tablet might boot and appear to run, OK....things like the touch panel, display, wifi, GPS, camera and other features may not work.

Attempting to flash an older P9 with the new firmware will be risky....unless Pipo actually says it is compatible.
              Randy
              Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
              Read my BIO Here
              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
              Donate here

Comment

BTW, I have been playing around with Cube's i7 Remix tablet...featuring the Remix OS. It is very sleek and smooth. While it does have a Windows feel, it doesn't look exactly like Windows.

I'm just wondering if Rockchip has put together a launcher app that basically runs over the Lollipop OS...like they did under Jellybean. The Jellybean launcher looked almost exactly like the Windows 8.0 interface.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

Hi,

I have a question.​

I have a P9 3g, i had battery drain issues and choosed first to go on ofw #214 for resolve it.

Then, i tried like instructions on pipo's site. But that didnt work.

Thx for answer and gj for your job

Comment

Have anyone tried this firmware http://www.pipo.cn/bbs/forum.php?mod...d=14288&extra=

how does it compare to OMA`s lollipop firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by data123
                      Have anyone tried this firmware http://www.pipo.cn/bbs/forum.php?mod...d=14288&extra=

have not flashed yet but looks latest lollipop rom for the P9.

All of OMA's lollipop roms I flashed on my P9 are not feature complete and slower than KitKat, so I prefer to wait until PIPO releases it's own LP rom

Sent from my P9 using Tapatalk

PROUD owner of PiPO M9 Pro
                      PiPO P9 best tablet ever owned!!!

PiPO Tablet Freak and Flashaholic!

Comment

Originally posted by Kenneth View Post
                        have not flashed yet but looks latest lollipop rom for the P9.

All of OMA's lollipop roms I flashed on my P9 are not feature complete and slower than KitKat, so I prefer to wait until PIPO releases it's own LP rom

Sent from my P9 using Tapatalk

I own a P1 and a P9.
                        I use riley roms on both of them. I recently tryed to flash the P1 with CM 12.1 i found on arctablet.
                        Kenneth is right.
                        On P1, almost every thing was working, but tablet was slowwwwwwww, jack ear plug did not work, and when tablet went to sleep... only a reset + reboot could switch it back on. Battery drain was terrible too.
                        1/2 bat for one day sleeping.
                        I had to flash back riley's 4.4

I went to chinese forum, and found the GPS did not seem to work...
                        The rest is difficult to understand because chinese with google translate is sometimes strange...

Riley says he does not believe to a real 5.1 version working well for our tablets.
                        What i found strange is that nowadaysmarsmallow is appearing, almost every chinese phone is released under 5.1, and no chinese tablet ; each of them are still 4.4....
                        Of course i dont mention samsung or corean companies that get some advance, but are far more expensive.
                        Windows 8 is so poor experience when you are used to android... on a tactile device.

Comment

Originally posted by data123 View Post

Some one tried ?

Comment

I haven't seen an official firmware based on a Rockchip SDK with Android 5.1. Unless a firmware is released from Rockchip, I doubt that we can simply get a Lollipop firmware that will allow every component to work properly.

For a smooth user experience...the KitKat firmware is still the best bet right now.

I think that 5.1 slows down older devices that weren't designed to run with it. My Samsung Galaxy S4 Active phone upgraded to Lollipop, and I've had nothing but trouble with it since. The lag between screens is significant. Except for a few UI differences, I prefer KitKat for performance. In fact, I wish I could downgrade my phone back to KitKat.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

My own lollipop experiment is :
                              - One +1 : (perso Phone)Ultra smoth and fast. Almost perfect. (Cyanogen for me)
                              - Galaxy S4 : (work phone) Lagguy bitween screens (as you tell, riley) but kitkat was worst for my S4... I had to wait up to 3 or 4 seconds between screens.
                              - Ulefone be touch 2 : Ultra smooth. some bugs (but i hope ulefone will update the early firmware).. Sometimes the phone is simply not able to show an internet page. Killing all apps in ram allows it to work again.
                              - Pipo P1 : As i said above, slow and not 100% functional.

Riley, do you know why chinese tablet builder now bet on Windows 8, that in my opinion is a really poor experiment on a tactile device, compared to Android, even Kit kat. ?
                              In my opinion, the only good thing with windows is the fast responses even on a poor hardware (i have tried a Nokia lumia). The rest is : poor apstore, complex and difficult to customise interface, ugly screens and tiles (my opinion).
                              Even maps on windows mobile is full of ads...

Comment

Originally posted by raoulito9 View Post

Some one tried ?
                                There's a new beta firmware out http://www.pipo.cn/bbs/forum.php?mod...extra=page%3D1

I tried it the GPS is still not working but other than that it running well.

If you do try it take the SD & Sim card out before you install it.

Comment

Working...
                                X