No announcement yet.

Pipo P9 RileyROM 1.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was able to install a different lollipop roms fine there a few on the Chinese website & crewrktablets.arctablet website but still got stuck in boot screen when I tried to install KitKat, in the end I gave up but the next day I tried with OMA rom and it worked! I must have been on a different lollipop rom but do not know which as I tried loads, but it is possible to get it back.

Why not contact Pipo & see if they can help?

Comment

Already tried other kitkats, oma, official, etc and nothing. They just don't go after boot screen.
      Not even with other lollipop. I'm stuck with this shit.
      I have sent several emails to Pipo but no replies.
      Meantime, I noticed that I have 4gb of internal storage. Isn't this tablet 2gb and could this be of any help?

Comment

Just wanted to Thank You and let you know that your instructions for "flashing" Pipo P9 RileyRom 1.9 are impeccable and gave me a better machine & more confidence working with these Android devices. I used both of your Android Flash Tools and a third one from the pipo.cn website successfully and your Rom 1.9 was the easiest to use and most well documented.
        I was able to do all this with a Dell Inspiron Laptop w/ Build 11099 Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (prerelease OS). No problems with W10 drivers I think because I had already rooted my P93G with Kingo Root. Keep up the great work & I'll be looking for a future RileyRom of Android 5.0 or 6.0 when Pipo updates the kernel.
        Pipo P9 3G RileyROM 1.9

Comment

Hi,

I want to go in RileyRom from Oma rom but i'm stuck.

When i click on "switch" in androidtool, my tablet is turning offscreen and don't show me anything. Androidtool don't show him after that and i need to reboot hardly for have something.

I tried to push esc + power for have the flash menu, but i'm in the TWRP menu and i don't know what i must do.

Can you help me?

Comment

When you click the "Switch" button, the tablet goes into flash mode. The screen will be black. You should notice in the flash tool that the tablet has changed to "Loader" Mode. This is when you flash the ROM.

However, you might be using the wrong flash tool. Make sure you are using the flash tool included in the RileyROM zip file. The tool used to flash Oma's ROM is the Batch Tool...not the Flash Tool. Just read the First Time User's Guide for details on how to flash the RileyROM.
            Randy
            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

dear randy,

I flashed an oma`s marshmallow rom with loader 2.19....now flashing back rileyrom 1.9 with loader 2.15 will bring the tablet in a bootloop. I have to untick loader before flashing in android tool for rileyrom 1.9 to boot successfully!
              PROUD owner of PiPO M9 Pro
              PiPO P9 best tablet ever owned!!!

PiPO Tablet Freak and Flashaholic!

Comment

Hi rrileypm, do you plan to release a Android 6 release for the P9? Oma made one. Actually that's working quite ok, but the main app I'm using (Horizon Go to view television) is not working, so I would really like a RileyROM with Android 6.0 as the Horizon Go app always worked great on the RileyROMs.

Comment

Tried to flash Oma's 6.0 ROM today and it went wrong. Now in a permanent boot loop, had to open it up and disconnect battery ribbon to stop it. I think the safest thing would be to attempt to flash RileyROM 1.9 again, but now pc won't even recognise anything plugged in, and in any case it goes into a boot loop when I turn it on (or is this the reason that the pc can't see it?). Can anyone give me any advice on how to recover from this (hopefully soft) brick? Nobody on the other forum is responding to my cries for help.

Further, I remember reading on this forum somewhere that even if an Android 5 or 6 ROM were to be created for the P9, it might not work on the earlier devices anyway; I did buy mine fairly early on, December/January 20014/15. Could this be the reason the upgrade didn't work? Equally as likely is that I did something wrong and clicked something I shouldn't when I wasn't sure if the flashing was complete or not.

Would truly appreciate any help at all. Thanks.

Ian

Comment

Guys, any of you use the Facebook app?
                    My videos play in extremely low resolution and cannot choose the HD option. If I use Facebook through a web browser I don't find this issue....
                    Some limitation of Facebook app and this firmware, or something....
                    Abby ideas?

Comment

Hellooooooo?

Comment

Anyone still using this firmware?
                        I am and I think it's the best of the existing for our P9's.

Can you view choose 1080p resolution in youtube or HD in facebook app?
                        Looks like this does not support full hd res....

Comment

Hello rrileypm
                          I flashed this ROM wifi version but still get the battery drained by cell standby. Is it normal or there's something more to tweak?
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Dead thread m8

Comment

looks like there is a new stock rom 5.1

Any chance for compilation Riley?

Comment

Hi,

I have a P9 which the top doesn´t respond to touch screen, plus quite slow after two years. So I installed one of those CM12. Now it is fast again but the touch screen still not working properly.
                                Then I tried this rom BUT it is stuck in the PIPO intersactive logo. I tried to flash it twice. In the first boot I can see some commands running but after that...stuck in the logo...

Has anyone had this iissue? I was thinking to download stock and try again.....

Comment

Working...
                                X