No announcement yet.

Pipo P9 RileyROM 1.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's typical behavior with most Chinese tablets. Some of them go into a charging mode without booting...others typically just boot to the system when you plug it in. That's a setting in the kernel, I'm afraid.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      That's typical behavior with most Chinese tablets. Some of them go into a charging mode without booting...others typically just boot to the system when you plug it in. That's a setting in the kernel, I'm afraid.
      So, is there any way to fix this? Maybe modifying the code causing this in the kernel?

Comment

We don't currently have kernel sources for the RK3288 tablets...just RK3188 right now.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Is there any other way to fix this? An app maybe or a tweak of some kind?

Comment

I've never really researched that feature. I will have to study the problem.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Ok, Riley. Many thanks for your answers.
              I hope you will find some fix for this issue.

Comment

I was about to flash, but I wonder if I can use TWRP recovery to just restore back all the apps and settings that I have done on a 1.8 RR rom.

Comment

Typically, I don't recommend using TWRP or CWM to restore ANYTHING after flashing a ROM update. It's better if you use custom recovery to ONLY do backups and restores from the current ROM you are running. There's a whole lot of technical crap I could type here to explain further....just trust me. A TWRP restore on a new ROM brings with it lots of BAD MOJO. Is that technical enough?

The reason for this is that between ROM's, some things change within the system...and if you count on a TWRP backup to restore...you may be left without the ability to restore...it just might not work at all. Or it might brick your tablet. Or you will get lots of unwanted unusual bugs in your system.

I recommend using Titanium Backup to make backups of your installed apps and data. It's a whole lot safer. Just do a complete backup to your external SD. Then after you flash, install Titanium from the Play Store the very first thing. Then do a "Restore Missing Apps/Data" from the batch menu. Don't replace any system apps...only restore the ones you have downloaded. BTW, it's way worth it to buy the key for Titanium. The free version only lets you restore one app at a time.

System apps may also change between ROM's...so you might run into force closes and other problems if you restore an older or just different version of a system app from an older ROM.

Using Titanium, I can get a tablet or TV Box back to normal within about 5 minutes.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Thnx for the reply. Then on that note, what is the use for having cwm or twrp backup restore possibilities? If titanium backup does it all.

Comment

There's a lot more things you can do with TWRP.

It's a really good backup tool....just not for restoring after a ROM update.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Happy to report no battery drain overnight, unlike 1.7 & 1.8.

Comment

For what it's worth, I used to use titanium backup to restore my apps, but I got tired of having to log back into everything. I've since used twrp to restore with only data checked numerous times, and as long as it's the same version of android I haven't had a single problem. Twrp restores all the data in your app.

Comment

Also randy, titanium offers a feature "update.zip" once you back up your apps, it will compress them into a flashable file so you don't have to redownload from the play store. Just make sure when you flash new rom, let it boot up then flash the zip through recovery and titanium + all your apps get installed through twrp.

Comment

Great tip. I forget about that feature. It works very good. Thanks.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

So Fok4l.

flashing from 1.8 to 1.9 I can use TWRP recovery DATA only. And everything will be as if I have setup on my 1.8 android version?

Comment

Working...
                                X