Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 1.9 and Android Commander

Hi!
    OK no problems flashing the ROM but I can't connect Android Commander... it just keeps searching, other tablets connect ok within 2 seconds. Also when I plug the USB cable in the PC and tablet I don't get the message "Tap to choose what happens to this device" on the PC, I did before flashing and I do with another tablet every time. When I select Turn on USB storage on the tablet I can see the tablet in "This PC" and browse the SDcard.
    Any help, idea's or suggestions?
    Thanks Dave.

Comment

Flash Light Problem

Have any one tried to use the back flash as a flash light?
      The flash is working fine when use the camera in the dark, but I can't use it as a flash light. I've tried about seven apps by now and it's not working. Some of them tells me that my device doesn't have a back flash light at all and instead, they light up the screen with maximum brightness.

Comment

Tried and didn't work for me either

Comment

Originally posted by HeRoKaNe View Post
          Have any one tried to use the back flash as a flash light?
          The flash is working fine when use the camera in the dark, but I can't use it as a flash light. I've tried about seven apps by now and it's not working. Some of them tells me that my device doesn't have a back flash light at all and instead, they light up the screen with maximum brightness.

use your smartphone then
          PROUD owner of PiPO M9 Pro
          PiPO P9 best tablet ever owned!!!

PiPO Tablet Freak and Flashaholic!

Comment

For me doesn't matter at all, as when I need I use the phone, but it's a fact that the flash light is not a working feature in this tablet

Comment

advice

Hello!
              I have 2 sdcards (Lexar 16 gb and one "no name" 32 gb). Both not working. The system shows that the card is inserted but when I go to "storage" the system shows 0.00. I've tried FAT32, exFAT and NTFS - nothing works.

Question 1 - There is an sdcard that is tested and working on pipo p9 or is something wrong with my tablet?
              Question 2 - RileyROM 1.9 solve something about that?

My tablet: PIPO P9 RileyROM 1.8

Thank you for your time!
              M.

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                My ROM already has multiuser support. Just go into settings and add a user.
                I've just got a P9 with 3G, standard ROM ( due the very latest ), and no multi-user.
                So sorry for the newby questions! ( I had an M3 before, which came with a custom ROM with these kind of issues fixed, so although I'm an Android application dev, I've never had to dabble like this before ).

As I understand it multi-user is often missing from phone capable devices due a Nokia Patent... ( on multi-user phones )
                Do you have it in your 3G ROMs?

I see a few people commenting here about losing WIFI after sleeping. Out of the box, with a stock ROM ( presumably... ) I've also got an issue with the the WIFI not working after waking up ( with WIFI when sleeping set to "only when plugged in" ). I'll see what happens with the updated ROM tomorrow ( playing ball with the vendor so far, to ensure I can send it back if needed )...

Lastly, sorry for the newby questions, but if anyone can quickly confirm these for me It'd be very much appreciated :
                Are the flashing instructions on the PIPO website the best to follow?
                Is there anywhere else to get the tools and standard ROMs? the website seem painfully slow...

Comment

Originally posted by Bean0 View Post
                  I've just got a P9 with 3G, standard ROM ( due the very latest ), and no multi-user.
                  So sorry for the newby questions! ( I had an M3 before, which came with a custom ROM with these kind of issues fixed, so although I'm an Android application dev, I've never had to dabble like this before ).

As I understand it multi-user is often missing from phone capable devices due a Nokia Patent... ( on multi-user phones )
                  Do you have it in your 3G ROMs?

I see a few people commenting here about losing WIFI after sleeping. Out of the box, with a stock ROM ( presumably... ) I've also got an issue with the the WIFI not working after waking up ( with WIFI when sleeping set to "only when plugged in" ). I'll see what happens with the updated ROM tomorrow ( playing ball with the vendor so far, to ensure I can send it back if needed )...

Lastly, sorry for the newby questions, but if anyone can quickly confirm these for me It'd be very much appreciated :
                  Are the flashing instructions on the PIPO website the best to follow?
                  Is there anywhere else to get the tools and standard ROMs? the website seem painfully slow...
                  Losing Wifi after deep sleep is firmware related.

One of the first versions worked perfectly in this aspect. Kernel #158, I think. But there was a battery drain with Wifi.
                  Then appeared a new version with no battery drain but with no wakeup issue.

Comment

Akku drain?

Last night was my Pipo P9 with 61% percent in airplane mode. Now I have the Pipo turned on and the battery was almost empty. The two days before the Pipo had the same period consumes only 1% battery. How can that be? The problem I had before with the 1.8 and now with the 1.9 Rom. Is there a solution for this? Thank You

Comment

Here is the last official firmware:

Sorry...wrong thread..
                      Randy
                      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                      Donate here

Comment

V1.9

At last!!!
                        Way to go, man!!!

For 4 days on v1.9 already. No old/new issues up until now.
                        Battery - 2% per night, WiFi - wakes up after sleep: no complains.

Comment

Originally posted by aundp View Post
                          At last!!!
                          Way to go, man!!!

For 4 days on v1.9 already. No old/new issues up until now.
                          Battery - 2% per night, WiFi - wakes up after sleep: no complains.
                          What option do you have selected on Keep Wifi connected?
                          Always?
                          Only when charging?

Comment

Pipo P9 RileyROM 1.9

Originally posted by maverick1122 View Post
                            Hello!
                            I have 2 sdcards (Lexar 16 gb and one "no name" 32 gb). Both not working. The system shows that the card is inserted but when I go to "storage" the system shows 0.00. I've tried FAT32, exFAT and NTFS - nothing works.

Question 1 - There is an sdcard that is tested and working on pipo p9 or is something wrong with my tablet?
                            Question 2 - RileyROM 1.9 solve something about that?

My tablet: PIPO P9 RileyROM 1.8

Thank you for your time!
                            M.
                            I'm using a Transcend 64gb card currently formatted with exFat, also works in NTFS. A SanDisk Ultra 32gb also worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by f0k4l View Post
                              I'm using a Transcend 64gb card currently formatted with exFat, also works in NTFS. A SanDisk Ultra 32gb also worked fine.
                              Thanks!
                              I will try with sandisk.

Comment

Always go with SanDisk.... They are the kings in flash memory

Sent from my P9 using Tapatalk
                                PROUD owner of PiPO M9 Pro
                                PiPO P9 best tablet ever owned!!!

PiPO Tablet Freak and Flashaholic!

Comment

Working...
                                X