Pipo M9S RileyROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M9S RileyROM 1.0

Warning: This ROM is NOT COMPATIBLE with M9 Max or M9 Pro tablets. Do NOT attempt to flash this ROM to a device other than the M9S.

Pipo has introduced yet another tablet to it's line of RK3288 devices. This one is a 10.1" tablet with a 1280x800 screen...and a lower price tag than the HD version...the P9.

This ROM is based on an official Pipo firmware update dated 2/3/15...featuring kernel version #233.

This ROM is:

Rooted with Koush Superuser
    Debloated
    English as default language
    init.d/busybox support added
    Google Play Store fixes
    2, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12gb user app space options (select the parameter file of choice)
    Updated First Time User's Guide
    Multi-User support added
    Reboot App by Petrus
    Auto Install apps from external autoinstall folder

Download

I hope you enjoy this ROM. Please consider a donation to support future RileyROM development.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

No one has posted anything about this ROM yet??

I just got my M9S today!! Whoo-hoo! I'm really liking it so far, but I cannot leave any of my electronic devices stock so I'm looking for ROMs. So far all I have found is stock from Dec 2014, OMA's from arctablet, and this one!

I have a question about this. Is this actually based on an M9S pipo fw from 2/3/15? I can't find that anywhere. So far I'm thinking that I might try OMA's ROM with this (newer) kernel/resource (mainly because oma's rom has unified storage and ViperFX and I'm too lazy to edit the parameter file here).

Is this ROM 4.4.4 or 4.4.2?

Thanks and cheers!
    -SB
    ---------------------------------------
    Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
    Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
    Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
    RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
    ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Hmm, I tried flashing your kernel and it identifies itself via 'uname -a' as "Linux localhost 3.10.0 #223 SMP PREEMPT Tue Dec 16 19:37:58 CST 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux".

That would actually be older than the #224 kernel in oma's rom. http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...150121/#p52983

With that kernel 'uname -a' gets a response of "Linux localhost 3.10.0 #224 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jan 14 14:22:57 CST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux".

I think maybe your kernel version #233 is a typo. Oops!
      Cheers!
      -SB
      Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
      ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Hey, Randy! I just wanted to let you know that there is an updated M9S firmware from pipo dated March 9, 2016. I found it on the pipo site which linked to baidu for download. I searched the file name and found a MUCH faster mirror on Google drive (less than 100kbps baidu vs over 7mbps Google drive).

Here is the link:

I don't know if really matters to anyone other than me, lol. I'm the only person who has even posted about the M9S other than you and Oma! Still, if people Google it looking for firmware this page and Oma's will come up.

Here are the ROM specs:
        Firmware details Firmware: update_M9S_201603之后#238

Model: Pipo M9S

Tablet Image file size: 230 MB

Image files: update_M9S_20160309.img

Platform: Rockchip RK3288 Boot version: 2.15

FW version: 4.4.02

Model number: M9S Company: rockchip

Build number: rk3288-eng 4.4.2

KOT49H eng.root.20160309.171941 test-keys

SDK version: RK30_ANDROID4.4.2-SDK-v1.00.00

I'll post back a bit more info after I install it.
        Cheers!
        -SB

Comment

Working...
        X