Pipo P1 RileyROM 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, anyway Pipo Firmwares are pretty good

Thanks for the Information about Kernels, and Drivers.

I went back to 1.8 as well, I do Love those Firmware, what a great Work !!!

THANKS !

Comment

HELLO, I tried the flash procedure but after lowerformat I have fail test error. But now, my tablet remains black and is no longer recognized by the flashing software. What to do?

Comment

Sorry you are having trouble. Most of the time flashing fails due to a problem with the USB drivers or the USB connection.

Since you've tried multiple computers (I saw that on a different post you made), that eliminates the USB port on your PC.

Are you using the USB cable that came with the tablet? It's important to do so, since the USB cables that come with these tablets have a longer micro USB connector than your run of the mill cable.

Also, are you using a USB 2.0 port on the PC? Rockchip drivers aren't compatible with USB 3.0

The way to get the tablet into flash mode manually is to first make sure the tablet is off by clicking the reset button with a paper clip. While holding the esc/back button press power. When you plug in the USB the flash tool should see the tablet in "loader" mode.

Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

I just download a new firmware from Pipo featuring Android 5.0 for the P1. After some testing, I hope to offer a new ROM soon.

In case anyone wants to try the stock version...here's the link:

Keep in mind, I JUST downloaded it and I haven't even tested it on my P1....so flash at your own risk. If you run into problems, you're on your own.
          Last edited by rrileypm; 04-03-2015, 02:02. Reason: added link to stock firmware
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            I just download a new firmware from Pipo featuring Android 5.0 for the P1. After some testing, I hope to offer a new ROM soon.

In case anyone wants to try the stock version...here's the link:

Keep in mind, I JUST downloaded it and I haven't even tested it on my P1....so flash at your own risk. If you run into problems, you're on your own.
            Well, I downloaded P1 5.03 2015-3-6. Flashing went fine. (had to point the installer to the right files). Tablet boots up fine. Settings UI is totally different. GPS does not work, Google Now crashes, Google maps crashes, after loading several apps I got a notice that I was out of disk space. Maybe partitions need to be adjusted? Great start. Looks like Android 5.0 is not far away. Maybe rriley can do something great with this!

Comment

I flashed it twice yesterday and hard bricked both times. There may be some PCB variations with compatibility issues. Ill wait for another update before releasing a RileyROM.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                I flashed it twice yesterday and hard bricked both times. There may be some PCB variations with compatibility issues. Ill wait for another update before releasing a RileyROM.
                Hey Randy,there are news on a working Lollipop fw for our P1? you still stucks in brick when trying to flash it?

Comment

As I mentioned above, the new firmware may be designed for an updated PCB version, because I'm not able to boot it on mine. I received one of the very first batch...so the Lollipop firmware might not be compatible with my tablet. Davel posted that he tried it on his tablet and it booted fine, but many items weren't working properly. So for now I've decided to hold off on releasing a ROM until another version is posted.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

I do have a brand new tablet so Randy may be right about the PCB board.

Comment

Originally posted by davel View Post
                      I do have a brand new tablet so Randy may be right about the PCB board.
                      For me, one of the first banch of P1 (august 2014) this new fw with lollipop works fine, but i need root? you guys know how to do it in this fw 5.0.2? rrileypm

Comment

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

pipo P1 lollipop

Last edited by sikke; 04-25-2015, 21:14.

Comment

Originally posted by sikke View Post
                          where did you find it? it's safe? someone has tried it?

edit. Tried.. And it's the same fw 06-03-2015 with slightly modified system app, no root, and same bugs.. Like screen flickering/glitch, tab turn off when the screen it's turned off..
                          Last edited by Enrtop; 04-26-2015, 09:36.

Comment

Pipo P1 RileyROM 2.0.1

hi - just flashed this ROM

does someone encounter 'COULD NOT CONNECT TO CAMERA' Error?

any ideas how to solve it?

non google market application is working.. seems like after flashing camera hardware is malfunction

Comment

I installed the 2.1 version but wifi is really slow now. Have I done something wrong ?

Comment

So, is Lollipop possible? Is Cyanogenmod12 possible on our Pipo P1? Or I rather should to forget my dreams.

Comment

Working...
                                X