No announcement yet.

Pipo P1 RileyROM 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... Last night I was able to install the 5.02 Lollipop rom, Install TWRP, and Root. I also had Google Now working for some time but did something to make it crash again. It has NO GPS support. Is that a Kernel problem??? GPS is important to me so for now im back on 4.4.2. If its ay help to push this ROM forward I can try it again and document the steps to get ROOT but without GPS I cant use it.

Comment

Yes, I suspect the GPS problem lies in the kernel. That's what we are finding with these RK3188 we've been testing.

I'm not thrilled with running Lollipop on devices that were made to run KitKat....things don't seem to work as well as before...even on my Samsung Galaxy S4. I kinda wish I hadn't upgraded to Lollipop on it.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by davel View Post
        So... Last night I was able to install the 5.02 Lollipop rom, Install TWRP, and Root. I also had Google Now working for some time but did something to make it crash again. It has NO GPS support. Is that a Kernel problem??? GPS is important to me so for now im back on 4.4.2. If its ay help to push this ROM forward I can try it again and document the steps to get ROOT but without GPS I cant use it.
        there is lolipop for the pipo p1/p4 ?

Comment

Do you have the kernel source for P1?

Comment

We don't currently have any RK3288 sources....so no...that includes the P1.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              We don't currently have any RK3288 sources....so no...that includes the P1.
              If i am not mistaken they are obligated to release the kernel source because it's GPL.
              And that is the least they could do since they aren't fixing anything themselves.
              Are you aware of any timeline for the release?

Comment

I thought I had the full RK3288 SDK the other day...but it turns out to be corrupted. I'm trying to get Pipo to retry the upload.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Why isn't it publicly available?
                  Also they seem to upload a lot of broken stuff

Comment

Is there lollipop on p1?

Enviado desde mi MX4 mediante Tapatalk

Comment

I haven't checked in a while, but I haven't seen any official Pipo updates. I believe they've stopped support for the RK3288's from earlier in the year already. They had a huge turnover in staff at Pipo, so many of my contacts aren't there anymore.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

There is an unofficial cm13, Marshmallow 6.0.1 for pipo p1, built from source. Almost no bugs, the only issue is no deep sleep (so battery consumption is 5%/hour with screen off). Overall, much better and smootcher than any KitKat.

Comment

Originally posted by giaur View Post
                          There is an unofficial cm13, Marshmallow 6.0.1 for pipo p1, built from source. Almost no bugs, the only issue is no deep sleep (so battery consumption is 5%/hour with screen off). Overall, much better and smootcher than any KitKat.
                          That is awesome! Would you mind PM some links and instructions for how you set it up? I've haven't used my P1 since Riley 1.7 so it's time to dust it off =)
                          Thanks for this info! I think I found the original source now (arctablet?).

Comment

I must say that the CM13 is REALLY running good!! And the latest kernel from 5.04 has fixed deep sleep too ! Unfortunately it's on another forum and I am not sure if I'm allowed to post the link. Nevertheless some hints : arc MussoNero and CM13

Comment

Originally posted by PrEzi View Post
                              I must say that the CM13 is REALLY running good!! And the latest kernel from 5.04 has fixed deep sleep too ! Unfortunately it's on another forum and I am not sure if I'm allowed to post the link. Nevertheless some hints : arc MussoNero and CM13
                              Thanks! Updated the kernel now and even the lid lock works now.
                              Actually, the deep sleep is still bugged for me
                              Did you do anything else than update the kernel itself, or di you wipe stuff too?
                              I guess it doesn't work on the wifi-version just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jacobsson View Post

Thanks! Updated the kernel now and even the lid lock works now.
                                Actually, the deep sleep is still bugged for me
                                Did you do anything else than update the kernel itself, or di you wipe stuff too?
                                I guess it doesn't work on the wifi-version just yet.

I have a 3G Version. For me it works flawlessly
                                Viper4Android also, yaay!
                                Flash in TWRP :
                                http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6/themes-apps/viper4android-t2952137

Comment

Working...
                                X