Pipo S2 RileyROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo S2 RileyROM 1.0

This is the first release of a ROM for the Pipo S2 8" tablet.

This new ROM is rooted with ext4 file system, init.d support, 2gb user app space and CWM support.

Please look at the ReadMeFirst file for details.

I do not have an actual S2 tablet to test, however I used the M5 as a test platform, and the ROM works fine on it. Anyone with an S2 please test and provide feedback.

I'm still working on polishing the CWM a little more, but I was able to get it to work with a few steps on the user's part. My next release will fix that issue.

Here is the link to the download thread:

If this is the first time you are flashing one of our ROM's, you may encounter some challenges in installing Windows drivers. Please download this First Time User Guide to help you throught the process:

Download

Thanks to: Tattman65 for art work, Snakekiller for UI Mods, Petrus for reboot app, and Finless/900Supersport/Neomode for lots of guidance.
    Last edited by rrileypm; 07-13-2013, 21:08.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Sorry, I can't explain much, since I don't understand much about it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
    Anyway, at first this rom didn't work on my S2. After flashing, it booted into CWM fine but after rebooting the device didn't load - just plain black screen. Turning the device off/on didn't help. It still entered into flashing mode with no problems using hardware buttons.
    I also tried repacking your rom using Wendal's tools, but when I got an error when trying to load the firmware in RKBatchtool.
    The rom worked only when I reflashed the kernel I took from another rom I was using before. Also, I got the "Damaged Storage" error again after formatting the storage.
    Something else might had been different too (besides the kernel) since I tried flashing different IMGs from a working rom without erasing NAND.
    Last edited by langasi; 04-12-2013, 00:25.

Comment

Pipo S2 RileyROM 1.0 Testers Needed

I just flashed this rom.

Since the recovery image has the same kernel in it, that might be the problem.

Let me make a new recovery without that kernel, and you can then try using your other kernel.

I'll post a new rom tonight to try.

Thanks for testing.

Randy
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

OK, on this recovery.img, I split the kernel. This isn't CWM. I am having a hard time getting CWM to run on these Pipo's. As soon as I figure that out, I can start offering CWM with my ROM's, but until then...it is stock recovery for me.

Here is the link:

Just put it in the RileyROM folder and rename your old recovery...recoveryold.img
        Then rename this one recovery.img

It should go ahead and format your internal sd for you.

As for the kernel...try using this kernel again...and if that doesn't work, just use that other one.

If you can send me a link to the other kernel, I can add it to the kit to use as a choice.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Donate here

Comment

I just tested it and it works on my M5.

You have to wait a few minutes for it to initialize after the first boot. Then you should be in business.

Randy
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

Yup. Thanks! Stock recovery works just fine. No more "damaged storage" error.

Tried it again - still no luck with your kernel. So I used stock kernel instead.
            Now about that. This device has at least 2 hardware variations with different front camera. There are 2 different stock kernel versions for each of them. This one (taken from 20121123 stock rom) I think is for the most common version of S2. For the less common version this one should be used (taken from the "new camera" stock rom; the ""S2_20120912"stock rom also has the same).

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            I just tested it and it works on my M5.

You have to wait a few minutes for it to initialize after the first boot. Then you should be in business.

Randy

Comment

now downloading for my new tab(s2) for testing .... i will provide test result soon ...

Comment

Thanks. I haven't noticed a firmware update lately. I'll check.

Randy
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

requesting

Hello sir riley btw i love ur rom it fits to my pipo s2. And sir can i request it is possible to charge my pipo s2 while turn off ? Because when i charge my s2 there is no charging logo and it turns on so can i request that charge logo so i can charge my pipo s2 while its off thank you

Comment

Re: Pipo S2 RileyROM 1.0 Testers Needed

That is a common feature/problem with most Rockchip tablets starting with 3066 and carried over to 3188. There really isn't a solution except to press the power button and put it to sleep mode while charging...that's what I do.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

That is a common feature/problem with most Rockchip tablets starting with 3066 and carried over to 3188. There really isn't a solution except to press the power button and put it to sleep mode while charging...that's what I do.
                      Sleep mode how can i put on sleepmode? Tnx for answering

Comment

I just tap the power button for a short second. The screen shuts off. Then just press the power button again and the screen comes back on.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

more info ?

I have a S2 running the MrsAccess 1.4 rom , but this one is draining battery for some reason

can you give more info about the rom please

what Android version is it using?
                          -any special features ?

Comment

The features are in the second paragraph of post#1.

I may do an update to this one, since I've cleaned up my process after I did that ROM.

I can now add larger app space if you want.

Randy
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

4.2?

is it 4.2? or 4.1

The features are in the second paragraph of post#1.

I may do an update to this one, since I've cleaned up my process after I did that ROM.

I can now add larger app space if you want.

Randy

Comment

Working...
                              X