Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a real RK3288?

Hello,

After 2 months of waiting PIPO has sent me a new P9 as replacement of my damaged unit.
    After a few bench tests I noticed that the CPU is clocked ate 1.6Ghz instead of 1.8 as it was suposed to.

Also, in CPU Z is showing as RK3066 but also as RK3288, so I'm a bit confuse.
    Can you give me your opinions please?

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

While the specs of the RK3288 say they are clocked at 1.8...the standard configuration from Pipo has been 1.6. It is real...that's just the way they come. I have no explanation as to why.

Furthermore, the Pipo RK3288 kernels are compressed...making it virtually impossible to overclock.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Thanks a lot. I'm more rested now, although I've seen reviews that shows antutu 1.8ghz....
      But why in cpuz shows as being a rk3066?

Comment

Cpu-z alwas say's it's rk3066 even with rk3188 models, they haven't updated their detection for new rk soc's... As with the underclocked cpu pipo did this too with rk3188 models which was clock only at 1.4ghz and was only unlocked to 1.6 on the last batch of firmwares. Not too many notice this because it always shows the max clock at 1.6 before on rk3188 but it really only goes upto 1.4 when you check it at no frills cpu log and observe it in cpuz, now its the same thing again with 3288 at 1.6 only hopefully they unlock it to max 1.8 on the next update...
        Ultra U8 owner

Freaktab fan and PiPO Tablets PH member

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pipotabletsph/

Comment

Thanks for your replies.
          I have alsoi receoved a reply from Tracy from Pipo, quoting:

"For your question
          1: Since this is supost to be a RK3288, should it be clocked at 1.8GHz?
          P9 is RK3288 quad-core 1.6GHz, if it's 1.8GHz, CPU running too hot serious power that would be crash
          The CPU-Z didn't correct identification
          Please test with An Tu Tu Benchmark and Hardware info.
          RK3066 is dual core, it's very slown when you use. you can feel it very easily."

This tablet is working very well, nothing like the damaged unit I had to sent back. Now I Hope to have Lollipop soon.

Comment

Working...
          X