Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pipo M8 Max 3066 RileyROM 1.0 (both wifi and 3g)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been so busy with the 3188 tablets, the I overlooked posting ROM's for the M8 Max 3066 tablet.

Follow the download link below to the download page which will give you a choice of downloading the ROM for the wifi only version or the 3g version.

I did not include CWM support for these ROM's, but as soon as I can port CWM to this tablet, I will either post it, or put out a new version of the kit.

This ROM is:
    Rooted
    Debloated
    Ext4 file system
    Init.d Support
    Busybox links added
    Google Play Store fixes added
    2, 4, 6, or 8 gb user app space (your choice)

Please read the Readme file before flashing, it will explain how to choose user app space, answer many questions you might have. Otherwise, post here.

Download

If this is the first time you are flashing one of our ROM's, you may encounter some challenges in installing Windows drivers. Please download this First Time User Guide to help you throught he process:

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Last edited by rrileypm; 07-13-2013, 20:57.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

TYVM!

Nice that was fast! Thanks for doing this.. downloading now! I'll be going to school so after I get home, I'll try this ASAP! Will feedback later..again thanks Randy!

Comment

Thanks so much

When I discovered the existence of this rom, you(rrileypm) make my life brand new or at least my pipo m8 life. Anyway, after done flashing this rom, I have some problems. Whenever I click virtual home button nothing happen. The notification bar also cannot be expanded nor showing notifications(except for clock,date,wifi & mobile signal). is it only me facing this problems?

p/s:very fast and stable rom. nice~

Comment

Some of the problem I'm having with these Pipo ROMS is knowing what I can safely remove without breaking functionality.

In this case, I have encountered a problem with removing the initial Provision.apk. I was trying to keep this long black screen from showing up. However when I test this on my M8 Pro, it disables the home button...so I think that maybe I removed this on the M8 Max.

I will put it back and see if that solves the problem, but it will be tomorrow. I'm working today, sorry.

Randy
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

It's ok Randy. Just take your time. But I can't wait for your magic. hehe... One more thing, I can't seem to put any screen lock at all. Not even slide nor pin lock screen. Hope the notification bar issue can be solved as well.

Comment

It is all tied to the same thing. I'll fix that.

Randy
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Re: Pipo M8 Max 3066 RileyROM 1.0 (both wifi and 3g)

I had the fix all ready to upload this morning...but the server went down.

After work....I will upload the fix. This is for the wifi version. I didn't remove that app from the 3g version...so it should work fine.

Sent from my M8 pro
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

But Randy the version I'm using is the 3g version. Can you please upload the fix for 3g version as well? By the way, is the firmware using the latest version provided by pipo which dated on April something?

Comment

I will double check that 3g version.

Yes the ROM is based on that last update from Pipo.

Sent from my M8 pro
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

I have just uploaded version 1.0a for both wifi and 3g versions of this ROM. Just go to post #1 and go to the download page. This links are now updated.

I basically started from scratch with the system.img file and left in the crucial apps that make everything work right.

Thanks to everyone who has tested this ROM, and brought the problems to my attention.

Since I don't have an M8 Max to test, please flash this ROM and let me know how it works for you.

As far as requests for more features, I'm working on learning how to implement the Gameloft fix. That will be my next addition...and it will be in version 1.1. If you have any further requests, just post here.

Some of you have sent me PM's...which I don't mind, but for the benefit of everyone, just make a post here and I will actually see it quicker than in a PM and everyone will see what we are talking about. I loose track of what people say in PM's vs Threads...so It is just easier to post on this thread.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

Issues with version 1.0a (3g version)

Dear Randy, there are some serious issues with the latest rom (3g version). I found out that wireless and bluetooth not working at all. Everytime I tried to switch on wifi, it will just turn back off automatically straight away without even scanning. So it is not possible to turn on wifi even when I tried using widget. The same goes to bluetooth as well. Though 3g data working perfectly fine. Hope you can fix these issues as I am using wifi quite often than 3g connection. Otherwise, this time the rom almost perfect.

edit : Portable hotspot also showing error.

Comment

I'm afraid that problem must be in the firmware I can do some checking.

Did you have the problem with the stock ROM?

Does anyone else experience this?

Sent from my M8 pro
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Wifi and Bluetooth problems

For the latest stock ROM dated April, I didn't face any problem at all for the wifi and bluetooth connections. Same goes to the previous stock ROM also.

Anybody out there facing this problem using RileyROM 1.0a(3g version)???

Comment

OK, I'm going to do a repack...yet again of the 3G version...this time, I'll have two packages...the February version and the April version with no debloat...just root and the other features. We will see if that works.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Issues confirm with 3g version

Randy, I just redownload and reflash the 1.0a 3g version but still the problems persist.
                              So, I'm back with the previous 1.0 version since wifi working fine.
                              Can't wait for the repack version though.

Comment

Working...
                              X