Marshmallow on Pipo P9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to explain. You're a star. Will try again when I have time.

Ian

Comment

Omã cm13 6.0.1 v1.3 my charging time is so much time....almost 8 hours....before was 3:30. How i fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by steve98124 View Post
        Hodgy-
        A couple of things that might help:
        You do want to extract the download package so it looks like this
        1.RKDriverInstaller
        2.RCAndoroidTool
        rockdev
        put it in the root-folder (C of your PC

Then you want to extract the new p9_16 kernel zip and put the two files kernel.img and resource.img into rockdev/image folder (replace the originals)
        Save the p9_lens fix.zip for later- it gets flashed in recovery if needed.

Then you are ready to start Androidtool.exe (make sure you start as admin- right click-run as administrator)
        Connect your Pipo P9 with the power supply and with the PC via USB cable

press power and escape until the device powers down, then quickly press power and escape again,
        the screen goes black and then you can see, in the official upgrade tool, a green square. (I didn’t see any green) In the AndroidTool "Found One Loader Device".
        If you don't get to here then there are problems with the drivers or something else.

According to Oma's instructions, you flash the firmware and the recovery in two separate steps.
        In AndroidTool. Select all the boxes except TWRP, don't forget to select "Lower Format" Then click Run and wait for it to finish.

Then flash TWRP in AndroidTool. Don't' forget to click Switch then make selections of Parameter and TWRP, that's all.
        Click run and let it finish.

If all goes well you are now flashed. you can pull the usb cable and try to reboot.
        if the tab is stuck at starting apps or bootloop then rebbot to recovery by holding Power & Esc
        or power off (hold power butting for 12 sec) then hold power + esc until it reboots to recoery.
        Hopefully, TWRP starts.
        Now is when you flash p9_lens fix (from recovery)
        Probably want to wipe cache and Dalvik from recovery then reboot system.

One more note- I installed Oma's "MM 6.0.1 custom root firmware (2016/01/28)" v1.1a not the CM version. I don't know if the CM version needs the p9_lens fix or the kernel parts replaced.
        However, these steps should be generally correct for whatever you are installing.
        Good luck!

Cheers mate. All done. Now just need to reinstall user apps and data from Titanium Backup.

Ian

Comment

hello, my pipo p9 only working 2.19.07 or 2.19.10 bootloader I dont installing ,2.15 bootloader or not working 2,15 bootloader. help me.

dont working orginal stock rom with 2.15 bootloader. orginal stock rom working only 2.19 bootloader..

Comment

Working...
          X