Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo S1s RileyROM 1.0 (Feedback Thread)

Pipo S1s RileyROM 1.0

This is based on the first firmware update released by Pipo released on 6/18/13.

This new release is based on the Android 4.2 system.

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d support
    Busybox links added
    2, or 4 gig user app space by choosing the appropriate parameter file.

Thanks to:

Tattman65 for his boot animation graphics
    Petrus for Reboot.apk
    900Supersport for being my mentor
    Finless Bob for his flash tool and support

There is the link to the download page:

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

This is a new tablet released by Pipo. They have essentially taken the old S1 7" tablet and added a new 1024x600 touch screen and updated some of the other guts.

What is interesting about this new 3066 tablet is that the firmware this ROM is based on is Android 4.2.

Here are the specs from Pipo's site:

● Display: 7", 1024*600 (16:9)
    ● Touch Panel: Capacitive 5-touch
    ● CPU: Rockchip 3066 Cortex A9,1.6GHz,Dual-core CPU+Quad-core GPU
    ● RAM: 1GB DDR3
    ● Operation System: Android 4.1 (but this update is now 4.2)
    ● Camera: Front 0.3M, back 2M(optional)
    ● WiFi: 802.11/b/g/n
    ● Internal 3G built-in: No
    ● External 3G support: Yes
    ● Bluetooth :No
    ● Others: G-sensor, Micro SD slot, mic, speaker, mini HDMI output
    ● Multimedia:Audio, Video(1080P), Photo,ebook,game, email, internet…
    ● Battery capacity: 3200 mAh by 3.7V
    ● housing material: plastic back

I'm not really sure what Pipo's strategy is in having different series' of tablets competing against one another (M, U, S series). It appears that their 3188's are all M series, now...but it's fun to watch.
    Randy
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Thanks for this, Mr. Riley.

Curious. Could this work for the S1 with 4.1.1?

If yes ...I will need to make sure I know how to do a standard flashing of the new rom ...without CWM.

The instructions you give center around ...."if you choose to flash a version of CWM, there are a few things you have to do a little different".

I know I am showing my ignorance on rom flashing, but better to ask than mess up and be sorry.

Thanks again.
      Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

Widget FC after flash rom

Thanks for the rom!

Recently buy this tablet and was searching how to root it.

But I just flash this rom and every reboot I get several alerts of widget FC

"Unfornately ShelvesGridWidget has stopped" [OK]

I solve removing all the stock widgets from desktop, for now.

Comment

After a day using it have more problems like boot loops and app FC's. Flash again twice and the same problems.

I don't want to spam but I try another rom from other site and works smooth without any problems at all. (might this release is wrong and is for s1 old model?)

That's a pitty I love freaktab releases, (currently using Hybrid ROM from lewy20041 in my minixNeoX5 box)

Hope you can release new versions of your rom for this pipo tablet.

Thanks!

Comment

Pipo S1s RileyROM 1.0 (Feedback Thread)

Well, since nobody has tested this ROM so far, it is clear I made a mistake somewhere. Give me a day or so to backtrack, and I'll get this ROM going. I imagine I know what to try. Stay tuned and I will have some updates to test.

I really want this ROM to work!!!!! I may make a mistake here and there, but I want to do right.

I just don't have this tablet to test, so I need your help.

We will start by exchanging the kernel with the stock kernel...and go from there.

Thanks for the input.

Randy
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

I have put together a ROM kit with the stock ROM unpacked into separate files.

What I need someone to do is mix and match the files with my ROM to narrow down the problem.

First, flash the entire stock ROM and test to see if you get any FC's with running apps, like you do with my ROM. If so, this will be a problem with the firmware from the beginning.

Next, try flashing the stock kernel with my ROM to see if the kernel I edited was corrupted somehow.

Try those two things and report back...we may try some other combinations of flashes..

Here is the download link to this stock firmware kit:

Download
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Working...
              X