Pipo M8 Pro RileyROM 2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M8 Pro RileyROM 2.1

After a long delay in any updates, I ran across an updated firmware from Pipo dated 11/11/13. This ROM is based on this firmware for both the 3G and No3G versions. These were adapted from Chinese versions of the firmware, but all languages are supported.

I've done some testing, and am happy to report that everything seems to work, and I seem to have better wifi (with the wifi only tablet, anyway).

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated (leaving in the Pipo Family Laucher and Kid Launcher)
    Init.d support
    Multi-User Support
    English default
    Busybox commands added
    CWM Recovery, optional
    4, 8 or 12gb user app space parameters included
    Brand NEW boot animation by Tattman65

Many thanks to 900Supersport for updating the Freaktab Kitchen app, which has saved me a bunch of time in completion of both versions of this ROM...while I learned months ago how to do all of this manually, this scripted version makes cooking a breeze, leaving me time to work on those features I still have to do by hand.

Also credits to:
    Reboot, Appinjector and Disk Manager apps by Petrus
    First Time User's Guide by Pr0xZen
    Geekbuying.com for being my reliable supplier of Pipo tablets to test with.

Download:

RileyROM v2.1 wifi

RileyROM v2.1 3G

Pipo M8 Pro RileyROM 2.1.2 added 12/31/13

I have just finished testing v2.1.2 for the M8 Pro.

Basically, I have taken the most recent official Pipo firmware (not KitKat), and added much of what I've changed in my ROM designs over the past month.

This new version has all of the features of 2.1 with the addition of a few things:

Full debloat...no more Pipo Launcher
    Auto Install added...see this thread for details of how this works: Autoinstall
    Updated Google Play Store app
    Tweak added to improve deep sleep function

Download v2.1.2 Wifi

Download v2.1.2 3G

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com
    Donate!!!
    Last edited by rrileypm; 12-31-2013, 22:08.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

I managed to patch a couple of overclocked kernels for this ROM for both the 3G and WIFI versions.

I'm pretty conservative with overclocking and based on my research I've settled on 2 settings.

With the stock kernel on my wifi tablet I had an Antutu score of 18386

1. Stock CPU, Stock GPU, 720 DDR - Antutu 19559
    2. 1704 CPU, Stock GPU, 720 DDR - Antutu 20783

Here are the zip files containing the two kernels (Enjoy!!!!!! BUT REMEMBER OVERCLOCKING IS RISKY):

WIFI

3G
    Randy
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Would love to try this ROM. Have you heard anything regarding the window 8.1 drivers?

Comment

I saw a thread about it here on FT. I think someone found a solution. I'm mobile, though. I can't give you a link.

I need to add that fix to the First Time User's Guide.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Donate here

Comment

thank you!

I'll test it NOW!!

Will report later.
          Pipo M8 Pro Wifi

Comment

Thanks buddy.

first of all: Wifi interruptions issue still persists
            Pipo M8 Pro Wifi

Comment

Tremendous Wifi Improvement in bad wifi condition

At my Office right now, I must confirm there seem to be a huge wifi improvement when in low signal condition (-80% db) : the wifi throughput raise to 300ko/s from 20ko/s

In those conditions there are still hickups but everything become usable...

I'm eager to try at home where my wifi is low in strategic spots ...
              (Note that yet I'm just eager to go back there to test my wifi ... )

Comment

Pipo M8 Pro RileyROM 2.1

I agree there is better thruput with wifi even though signal strength shows to be low. I also took mine to work the other day and sat it down in an area that I had problems previously. While having the same signal strength as before...I had good smooth browsing speed that wasn't interrupted.

Randy
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

How to use?

Just asking as a NOOB, but how do I put these overclock img in use?

Comment

Pipo M8 Pro RileyROM 2.1

With the Freaktab Flash Tool, you can choose different files to flash by browsing to them in the RileyROM folder.

You can just flash the kernel by itself if you un check the other components of the ROM.

Just read the First Time Users Guide in the zip file.

Randy
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

Problem with multi user : gray filter above many apps

I get a gray layer similar to "1st launch android help" above most apps (all google apps, Pulse, TuneIn both integrated launcher...)

The problem occurs with multiple user accounts (no problem with main account)
                      Also most games and Apex Launcher seem not affected.

Does someone have a clue on how to solve this ?

Thanks

Comment

Overclocked kernels benchmarks

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                        I managed to patch a couple of overclocked kernels for this ROM for both the 3G and WIFI versions.

I'm pretty conservative with overclocking and based on my research I've settled on 2 settings.

With the stock kernel on my wifi tablet I had an Antutu score of 18386

1. Stock CPU, Stock GPU, 720 DDR - Antutu 19559
                        2. 1704 CPU, Stock GPU, 720 DDR - Antutu 20783

Here are the zip files containing the two kernels (Enjoy!!!!!! BUT REMEMBER OVERCLOCKING IS RISKY):

WIFI

3G
                        I made an Antutu test with the two overclocked kernels, and these are the results:

Stock RileyROM 2.1 kernel - 19530
                        Stock CPU 720 DDR - 20039
                        1704 CPU 720 DDR - 20816

These are amazing results, and the Antutu stability test passes OK on both overclocked kernels.

But the first two kernels have a fequency range between 312-1608, and the 1704 kernel have a range between 1200-1704. Is this for a reason or just a mistake? Because with this range the 1704 kernel is a battery eating machine.

Also, what voltaje did you use for every frequency step? I'm reading darreller thread, and it seems that we can use lower voltajes to overclock, saving a lot of battery and avoiding higher temperatures.

PS: Amazing Rom!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have to hand it to darrellr for changing and testing the pearl script a bit more and is creating kernels to exact proportions. I, on the other hand, am a complete NOOB when it comes to kernel patching. I just use the straight pearl script which actually produces a BUNCH of kernel arrangements by default. I just picked the ones that matched what we've been having good luck with on performance. As far as effeciency.....well, that's another story and I hope to find the time to learn that.

If Darrellr can take this kernel and tweak it further, I would be a happy camper. I would even settle for a custom edited pearl script with the correct settings, since I have no idea when I can do it myself. I kind of like doing the kernels myself whenever I'm ready to release a ROM, instead of waiting for help.

I've been running the 1704 kernel without consequence...except for the noticeable battery drain.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

I tried to download 3g version. But I am having: 404 Not Found error. Can you check it, please?

Comment

The link is fixed for the 3G version...sorry, fat fingers on the keyboard....hahaha!!!!!!
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X