Pipo U6 RileyROM 1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lag on Pipo U6

Hey, I've got a Pipo U6 that has always performed like complete crap. I also installed the different roms and was never satisfied.

I have however, come up with a kind-of fix, but I'm not entirely happy with it.

What I've discovered is that tweaking the linux ondemand settings manually (I've tried apps that do this and it doesn't seem to work right) helps considerably, at least for me.

I wrote a quick and somewhat ugly shell script to accomplish this and my tablet is more usable for me, but I'm no android expert so I'm not sure how to make this run at boot.

I'm just running it manually from a terminal like so (again I'm not an android guy):

su -c sh /mnt/sdcard/cpu.sh

You can download it here:

If you're wondering about battery life, yeah it's probably a little worse, but at least my tablet is more responsive. Left alone, the load should drop and the lowest frequency should eventually kick in.
    Last edited by NateHubbard; 04-27-2014, 20:08. Reason: typo

Comment

This ROM has support for init.d scripts...which run on boot...and they are also shell scripts.

Just Google information on how to run init.d scripts.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        This ROM has support for init.d scripts...which run on boot...and they are also shell scripts.

Just Google information on how to run init.d scripts.
        Ok, renamed it 5cpu and put it in /system/etc/init.d

Seems to work after a reboot. I still suspect that this tablet has something else wrong with it, but tweaking the CPU certainly helps.

Comment

Hi
          any issues to have kitkat on U6 soon???
          thanks

Comment

Has anyone managed to get Wireless Display working?

Hi all,

I'm a fairly new U6 owner here. My unit came with the December 3 rooted rom with Build Number:

rk30sdk-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng.root.20131203.121259 test-keys

The tablet generally works well but there are a couple of things that don't or at all.

First is the GPS. I think this is a well-documented hardware issue so we really can't do anything about this.

Second is the Wireless Display (Miracast). It won't establish a connection with a Miracast-certified LG TV. It will try to connect and then the TV will say it is connected but the screen does not mirror. After a few seconds, it automatically disconnects.

Has anyone here managed to make Wireless Display work with the U6.

And by the way, this is my first post here.

Comment

Baked some kernels for U6 RileyRom 1.1 users for everyone to try. It was requested by a U6 user from the Philippines.

Maybe you can also flash this if you're on RR1.2 or you can provide me the stock kernel.img from 1.2 so I can generate kernels for this version as well.

Ultra U6 Modified Kernels
              for RileyRom 1.1 [JB]
              kernel_U6RR11....zip

HOW TO INSTALL KERNEL:
              1. Extract downloaded .zip file (use winzip or 7zip)
              2. Open Riley (ROM) Flash tool
              3. UNCHECK everything EXCEPT "kernel" row
              4. Click on the last box of the kernel row
              5. Browse and select the kernel...img file that you want to flash
              6. connect USB to the PC
              7. connect the other end of the USB to the tablet (in OFF state) while holding VOLUME DOWN
              8. wait until Flash Tool detects tablet in loader mode
              9. Press "Flash Rom"

Important Reminder: DO NOT ERASE IDB!

Note: if the kernel is not stable or causes bootloop, you can try another modified kernel or revert to stock kernel included in RileyRom named kernel.img

Kernel Features:
              - Overclocked cpu speed from stock 1608 (1.6Ghz) to 1704 (1.7Ghz)
              - Overclocked ddr speed from stock 480Mhz to 667Mhz/720Mhz
              - Lower voltages for battery saving

*cpu1608-standard - Stable for all tabs (normal battery consumption)
              *cpu1608-low - Stable for most tabs (battery saving)
              *cpu1704-standard - Stable for some tabs (normal battery consumption)
              *cpu1704-low - Stable for some tabs (battery saving)

Credits:
              rrileypm (Developer of BEST ROMS for Pipo)
              Finless (Founder of BEST Rockchip Support COMMUNITY)
              phjanderson for original kernel script
              giouncino for frequency pattern
              d33 for Kitkat kernel script
              SergioPoverony
              Last edited by cshock2010; 06-15-2014, 15:38.
              Proud M7Pro owner and Freaktab fan

Comment

Works

Originally posted by cshock2010 View Post
                Baked some kernels for U6 RileyRom 1.1 users for everyone to try. It was requested by a U6 user from the Philippines.

I chose the fastest image and flashed, then updated my init script to set the max to 1704. Everything feels much more responsive.

Comment

Kasty ROM

There is a ROM based on PIPOs latest release from 12/3/2013.
                  Unlike Rileys ROM based on this release, the camera does work, and so does the HDMI output (I read somewhere that people were having problems with it).

Comment

Working...
                  X