Pipo S3 Pro RileyROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo S3 Pro RileyROM 1.0

The folks at Pipo have released yet another new tablet. The S3 Pro is a 7" tablet with a Rockchip 3188 CPU.

This ROM is based on an official Pipo firmware release dated 12/5/2013.

The ROM includes my usual essential features:

Updated Google Apps
    Auto Install Apps from External SD (see this thread for details)
    Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d Support
    Busybox Support
    English Default
    Working CWM Recovery
    2, 4, 6, 8, or 12gb user app space by changing parameter files
    Boot Animation by Tattman65
    Reboot app by Petrus
    Updated First Time User's Guide (Please read this guide before attempting to install the first time)
    Rockchip driver installer app is now included in the kit

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com
    Donate!!! Your donations keep me updated with the latest tablets to test on.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Wow...no feedback?

Has anyone tried this ROM?
    Randy
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      Wow...no feedback?

did you own this tab and could post a full dmesg here pls ? im about to buy one from geekbuying but i found not much information about what's 'under the case' wifi chipset,max ram frequency, performance like antutu score, smooth touchscreen operation, overcloak cpu,gpu,ram possibility and test - external usb wifi port (kernel dissection ) ect....

i'm waiting email confirmation from geekbuying to confirm shipping is free 'mark as gift' via china post before ordering and i'll be your persevering tester for that little beast.

humm finally found a user bench with Antutu and run over 18.000 Points... not bad comparing with my ''boosted'' mk808b mod kernel cpu 1412,gpu stock (266),ram 533 showing 528mhz in dmesg. max antutu score is 13352

i expect to exploit more performance from this tab and also portability....
      Last edited by malfrat; 01-14-2014, 06:14.

Comment

Wow...no feedback?

Hi Rriley,

As it is my first message in your community, I want to THANK YOU a lot for your hard work on all these tab !!!

I have ordered this PIPO S3 Pro for a friend on 6th of January but don't received it for the moment, but for sure I will flash it with your RileyROM. I will give you some feedback.
        I have also a PIPO M2 3G for 1 year now but never test with your Rom (don't hear about your ROM when I buy it), and I have also ordered a PIPO M6 PRO on 30th of december but not received it also for the moment, but don't be quiet, I have understand for the Loader !!!

Bye

Comment

2 user to test rom is a good start. pipo s3 pro are new model but why users and tester still missing ? what tablet users buy ? they all want the m9 ? the s3 pro is now under half the price of the m9 with almost the same performance (1gb of ram less). and 16 gb rom instead of 32gb for the m9 that could be achieve with a 20$ or 40$ (64gb) micro sd card and 3 inch of screen less. all other spec is the same, take a look... s3 pro 125$ vs m9 250$ no reason to spend money on a m9 tab for me

Comment

I don't have this tablet to test. I just saw the firmware posted...and decided to make a ROM for it. Hopefully we can have some testers soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

I don't have this tablet to test. I just saw the firmware posted...and decided to make a ROM for it. Hopefully we can have some testers soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
              any way i order the new unreleased pipo ultra u8t (3g) on presell at very good price on geekbuying 157$
              pipo release this new tab on 31 january after presell order suppose to be around between 260-290$. i'll be your tester on that... surely is the same wifi+bt+gps as u8 and probably your kk u8 rom will boot well.

Comment

I have this tablet and tested the rom, still had very little time but my first observations are:

First impression after unpacking - way overpriced tablet. It has old fat body of old S3 version is heavy, thick and bulky, compared to current models.

Screen ok, not the best but decent IPS, 7.5/10.

Used original FW very little flashed to Riley's rom almost instantly - Pipo stock launcher is laggy (even animated clouds wallpaper is not smooth), its possible that this is also due to low quality flash memory, random write speed 0.34 if I recall correctly.

During use PlayStore lags like crazy. Syncing makes tablet unusable. I would recommend to include any other launcher (currently I am using nova, way better).

Huge batery drain - lost 30-40% in few of hours of light use! Compared to other RK3188 tablets this is very bad. But its possible that this is because of first use, I don't know how long tablet was left not used.

Root - working, GPS - working (7/10 - got few satelites near the window, so it might get a fix outside in couple of minutes, but no EPO asistance).

Like I said, used original fw very little, and never noticed then but on this rom exist some sort of mecanical click coming from the back (something like camera focusing or I don't know.. just mechanical "click" sound) which is quite audible in a quiet room and annoying.

Performance: using single program, even demanding one i.e. Moder Combat 4 it ran smoothly. Dark Knight was not buttery smooth but definately better than on RK3066, fully playable. Lots of gameloft games shows incompatible.

EDIT: 'click' comes from the speaker. When using back button or key sound, speaker is activated (you can hear white noise, quite loudly actually), after 3s speaker is deactivated and makes this noise every time!

Almost forgot the wifi - working, but even 1 meter from router does not show perfect connection.

So far that is about all, will test some more and write my experiences after some time.

Second impresion - overpriced tablet anyway. Lag, lag and more lag. Mediocre IPS with 162 DPI and mediocre GPS does not justify the price, even for the quad core.
                Last edited by arbalath; 01-24-2014, 08:15.

Comment

Will there be an update to Android 4.4 Can I put ROM from U8?

Comment

I haven't seen any 4.4 updates for the S series tablets yet.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

Working...
                    X