Pipo M6 Max RileyROM 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M6 Max RileyROM 2.0

This ROM will not work on an M6 Pro tablet!!!!

This is only for the original M6 Max

This ROM is based on a Pipo OTA update firmware dated 12/27/13.

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Completely Debloated
    Google Play Store fixes added, as well as the most up to date app
    Auto Install feature added on first boot (see this thread): Autoinstall You can install apk's automatically
    Working CWM Recovery will automatically be installed after the first boot
    English default, but with full language support
    Busybox commands added for init.d support
    Ext4 File system
    2, 4, 6, 8 or 12gb user app space (the default parameter is 4gb)
    Multi-user support
    KO files added for VPN support
    Boot animation by Tattan65
    Flash Tool by Finless
    Reboot app by Petrus
    Updated First Time User's Guide

Also in the kit:

RKBatchtool as an alternate way to "switch" to flash mode
    CWM Template to build a zip file to flash this ROM via CWM
    Rockchip Driver installer app

Download

Enjoy!!!! and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com
    Donate!!! This fund helps me buy new tablets for testing. I don't currently have an M6 Max to test on.

Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

great

this is a great new year gift thanks riley more roms to come

Comment

Thanks for the new ROM and a happy new year!

Here are the V4- and V4.1-overclocked-kernels for Pipo M6 Max RileyROM 2.0:

Kernel V4 (cwm- and img-version):
      RileyROM2.0-cwm-cpu1704_gpu660_ddr720_v4.zip
      RileyROM2.0-kernel-cpu1704_gpu660_ddr720_v4.img.zip

Kernel V4.1 (cwm- and img-version):
      RileyROM2.0-cwm-cpu1704_gpu660_ddr800_v.4.1.zip
      RileyROM2.0-kernel-cpu1704_gpu660_ddr800_v.4.1.img.zip

Have fun!

Comment

question

Originally posted by Balrog View Post
        Thanks for the new ROM and a happy new year!

Here are the V4- and V4.1-overclocked-kernels for Pipo M6 Max RileyROM 2.0:

Kernel V4 (cwm- and img-version):
        [ATTACH]4552[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH]4553[/ATTACH]

Kernel V4.1 (cwm- and img-version):
        [ATTACH]4554[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH]4555[/ATTACH]

Have fun!
        is the overclock means more battery consumes?

Comment

Actually, increasing DDR doesn't consume that much more battery...but does significantly boot performance.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            Actually, increasing DDR doesn't consume that much more battery...but does significantly boot performance.
            ah i just thought it was. coz back on on 1.9 with overclocked kernel battery consumes even when tablet is not in use rather than v1.5 with 1.6 kernel. but since this is 2.0 i want to observe it well for comparison.

Comment

Just installed it with the O/C 4.1 Kernel.Happy with the performance so far, touch screen seems more responsive and very quick all round and a slight improvment over 1.9 IMO, then only problem I have had with it so far is some apps are not working, i couldnt get Antutu or Quadrant to launch, and also my Animtated weather app wouldnt launch the weather animation. Keeping this rom though, Ty for this Riley and Balrog

Comment

Originally posted by Relles View Post
                Just installed it with the O/C 4.1 Kernel.Happy with the performance so far, touch screen seems more responsive and very quick all round and a slight improvment over 1.9 IMO, then only problem I have had with it so far is some apps are not working, i couldnt get Antutu or Quadrant to launch, and also my Animtated weather app wouldnt launch the weather animation. Keeping this rom though, Ty for this Riley and Balrog
                I have just installed it as well though without an O/C kernel. Haven't had any problems yet including running Antutu. The Antutu score is virtually unchanged from 1.9. The GUI has slightly changed in that the notification/button bars at the top and bottom of the screen can be hidden and will return with a swipe up from the bottom. One weird thing is that in Settings -> Display, the resolution setting has disappeared. I always ran my M6 at the highest res but for those who preferred the lower res they may be disappointed.

Comment

Just an update, re-installed the rom with the O/C kernal and now no issues, excellent rom, best ive used so far ! )

Comment

Is it KK rom or still good old one?

Comment

This ROM is still based on 4.2.2 firmware. It should be very stable.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

My first impressions of the new ROM:

- the error of no deep sleep caused by libril-rk29-dataonly.so doesn't exist anymore. The tablet enters deep sleep correctly without renaming libril-rk29-dataonly.so.
                        - the new rom gives the ability to hide the navigation bar. This is awesome for reading e.g. comics.
                        - a Quick Boot option is available under settings-system. I activated it and rebooted 2-3 times but at my M6 the boot times are the same but this is no problem for me at all.
                        - the first time Antutu crashes at my M6 too. I have to uninstall and install it again from the playstore. After this a first quick test with kernel v4.1 gives 19003 points (wifi was off during the test).

Overall working with the M6 Max is smooth and fast with RileyROM 2.0. It is really a step forward (especially the option to hide the navbar without external tools is useful for me). Good work from Pipo and Riley.

Comment

Originally posted by Balrog View Post
                          My first impressions of the new ROM:

- the error of no deep sleep caused by libril-rk29-dataonly.so doesn't exist anymore. The tablet enters deep sleep correctly without renaming libril-rk29-dataonly.so.
                          - the new rom gives the ability to hide the navigation bar. This is awesome for reading e.g. comics.
                          - a Quick Boot option is available under settings-system. I activated it and rebooted 2-3 times but at my M6 the boot times are the same but this is no problem for me at all.
                          - the first time Antutu crashes at my M6 too. I have to uninstall and install it again from the playstore. After this a first quick test with kernel v4.1 gives 19003 points (wifi was off during the test).

Overall working with the M6 Max is smooth and fast with RileyROM 2.0. It is really a step forward (especially the option to hide the navbar without external tools is useful for me). Good work from Pipo and Riley.
                          Pay attention using quick boot: in reality the tabled doesn't go off, so this state drains battery.
                          I suggest you to DISABLE this option.
                          It is a sort of "hibernate". The M6pro with this function boots up in 20seconds... but for the reason above it is a completely USELESS function! It is not fast if you perform a reboot.
                          if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                          https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Have windows 8.1 cant install

I upgraded my windows to 8.1 now I cant install the rom to my tablet. tried the windows 8.1 thread with no help. anyone know what options I have? thanks

Comment

@giouncino: You are right. I read a little bit into it and the "Quick Boot" is nothing else than converting the "real Shutdown" to kind of a "Hibernate" mode. It is no mode to boot quicker from ground up. So endeed it is pretty useless.

@kyprain: I have also problems to flash roms via windows 8.1 (flashmode from tablet is not recognized correctly). I use in my case another pc with Windows 7. This works very well without problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X