Pipo M2 RileyROM 1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M2 RileyROM 1.2

At the request of some M2 users, I've updated the RileyROM for both 3G and WIFI versions of this tablet.

While Pipo has not updated the firmware for this tablet, I have improved my ROM cooking techniques since my first shot at this tablet back in April/May.

This ROM has the same basic features of the original firmware with the following additions:

Full Root with SuperSU
    Full debloat
    Init.d support added
    Busybox commands added
    English default with complete Android language support
    Working CWM Recovery added (Installed after first boot)
    Auto Install added on first boot (see this thread for details of this feature)
    Google Play Store fixes added to allow for more compatibility
    4gb default user app space with more parameter choices (I'm not sure how much NAND you have, so just make sure your tablet will support 6, 8 or 12gb before you attempt to flash)
    Boot animation by Tattman65
    Reboot App by Petrus
    First Time User's Guide included (read this before you attempt to flash this ROM)
    RKBatchTool included as an alternate tool to reboot to flash mode
    Rockchip Driver Installer app included in the ROM kit

Download WIFI

Download 3G

If you happen to own an M2 with PCB version 1.5, here is a ROM for this version. It is the same as the other ROM's, but based on specific firmware for the v1.5 PCB.

PCB v1.5 3G and WIFI

Enjoy!!!!!

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com
    Donate!!! This fund helps me buy new tablets for testing.
    Last edited by rrileypm; 01-11-2014, 03:23.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Test RileyROM 1.2 PIPO M2 MAX 3G

Hello I wanted to thank RRiley immediately for a job well done and for the speed with which he relaizzato this new ROM. The installation was very simple and in 5 minutes I installed everything acnhe thanks to the excellent documentation provided by the author.
    The ROM and good very similar to the original one from the graphical point of view.
    I was after a day of use a strange automatic reset.
    Every now and noticed a strange refresh/flash the same video I had with the original rom and it had disappeared with the 1.0 RileyROM
    If I may just wanted to express an opinion, I hope that Riley will not be offended: o) ... From a graphical point of view and aesthetic preferred the 1.0 ROM was more beautiful, but this is a personal opinion, perhaps because it was different from the standard.Berllissima the bootanimetion.
    Congratulations to rriley for me to always be number one for the ROM PIPO.
    Very beautiful the bootanimetion.
    Congratulations to rriley for me to always be number one for the ROM PIPO.

Comment

I'm glad you are having good results...I'm not sure about the reboot problem.

Keep me posted.

Sent from my U8 using Tapatalk 4
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

For some who might be having problems with this ROM, I discovered a possible solution.

I got a hold of a new firmware version, today for the Pipo M2 3G and WIFI tablet with PCB version 1.5.

It looks like Pipo changed some of the hardware on their M2 tablets which requires a different firmware.

So I put together a ROM with that firmware. This is RileyROM 1.2 for PCB 1.5.

See post #1 for a link to download this special ROM.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Donate here

Comment

Just for more info...the Pipo forum says this new version is compatible with legacy TP...so it may work with the older models. I don't own an M2...you please report your results.

I know that some of you have been reading this thread...but nobody seems to reply...don't be bashful, that's what Freaktab is all about...sharing information.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

hello Riley could perhaps be of interest to a person I know on the forum if I remember correctly tancioste friend has the fw you indicated. I am very happy with the first version of the firmware 1.2 for ds975_eng ....

Inviato dal mio M2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

help me please

hi,i got a pipo tablet max m2 in beijing last year.
              my son forgot the password and faced too many pattern issue.
              i tried to find the solution in internet. so i finally got your firmware and the way to install it. but after the procedure ,tools showed Run Ok. but the tablet is dead. nothing happening.
              would you please help me
              thanks alot

Comment

Look for an older version in the Pipo Archives section...maybe 1.1 or 1.0 will work.

Sent from my U8 using Tapatalk
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

any suggestion for Dead m2?

Please help me. do you know any solution for dead pipo m2?
                  black screen and not turning on.

Comment

Did you find an older ROM as I suggested?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

Sv: Pipo M2 RileyROM 1.2

Where is The Pipo forum

From my daycruiser

Comment

Try one of these ROM's.

Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Hello,
                          I have tried your Rom with Pipo M2 wifi old_pcba and the result is unfortunately black screen.

I have since reflashed original rom.

Thanks, nevertheless

Comment

Working...
                          X