Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 2.5.2 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 2.5.2 KitKat

This ROM is based on an official firmware release from Pipo, introducing KitKat. The firmware is dated 12/27/13.

It has now been tested and shows to be working and stable. This is now v2.5.2, with the root fixed.

IMPORTANT FACTS

1. You MUST flash the RK3188Loader(L)_V2.08.bin the first time you flash this ROM. KitKat requires this new loader to run. If you choose to go back to Jellybean...you MUST flash the loader for that ROM. The loaders aren't interchangeable.

2. NONE of the files in a KitKat ROM are backward compatible with Jellybean files...so you can't use an OC kernel from my Jellybean ROM with this ROM, or you will not boot.

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Not much to debloat
    Init.d support
    Busybox support
    English Language
    Google Play Store fixes
    VPN support
    2, 4, 6, 8, 12gb user app space choices (default 4gb)
    Auto Install feature added on first boot (see this thread for details of this feature)
    Multi-user support turned on
    Latest Reboot app by Petrus
    Boot Animation by Tattman65
    Updated First Time User's Guide
    RkBatchTool included as an alternate way to "switch" to flash mode
    New RK Driver Installer app

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Last edited by rrileypm; 01-04-2014, 21:03.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

When you run the flash tool, you will notice that the Loader is checked by default. You MUST flash the loader with this ROM, because KitKat requires this new loader.

None of the Jellybean images are compatible with this ROM...so don't attempt to flash OC kernels from previous ROM's...it may brick your tablet. There are enough changes in KitKat kernels to prevent backward compatibility.

An example is that the KitKat ROM's install a new partition in NAND called "metadata". The kernel.img, boot.img, and parameter files are adjusted to accommodate this new partition, and flashing older components will prevent your tablet from booting.

Likewise, once you have flashed this new loader...if you decide to revert back to Jellybean, you MUST flash the old loader to get your tablet to boot again.

I hope I'm just being overly cautious. I just wanted to wait to release this until I had the time to support any problems it may cause.
    Randy
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

i want to back riley 2.1

i want to back to riley 2.1 but i cant. becouse dont open my tablet after flash new official rom. what can i do?

Comment

That's explained in post #2. You must check the loader when flashing back to the Jellybean ROM.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          That's explained in post #2. You must check the loader when flashing back to the Jellybean ROM.
          thanks but i dont want any wrong. will my tablet brick?

Comment

Several days ago, I finished my version of the KitKat ROM for the M9 Pro, but it isn't tested. On paper, I've done everything that is required, but I don't guarantee that it works, until I find someone with some savvy flashing and testing skills to try it and report their findings.

So, if anyone is willing to try this ROM...UNDERSTAND THE RISK...and report your findings here on this thread.
            I decided to give it a go. This is what I found.

Reboot to Flash Mode.............................................. .................................. OK
            Erase NAND (IDB) Twice............................................. ................................ OK
            Parameter by default .................................................. .............................. OK
            Flash ROM .............. Writing data to flash, Size(563343)K, Written (563343)K ... OK
            ............................. Checking Download data, Size(563343)K, Checked (563343)K ... OK
            ............................. Download file OK, Elapsed (191942MS)
            ............................. Run OK

Rebooting............ Pipo boot screen with Riley's Logo on upper right corner................... Success !

Everything looks fine, WiFi is stable and fast. Looks like a nice ROM.

Just one small detail... well, not so small...

Device is not rooted !!!

SuperSU is installed, but when it asks for your permission to update binaries, it fails to do so.

I have rebooted, turned off the device then powering on, and nothing works.

I will go back to 4.2 while you make your adjustments.

Thank you for your hard work.

UPDATE: I decided to use Sparsky Root Tool, and it worked! Now I have my device rooted with KitKat.
            I think I will stick to this ROM for a while and see what else I can find. Good luck.!

Comment

OK, I was trying a different rooting technique, which I've discovered wouldn't work. Thanks for testing.

I will upload an update using a root technique I've tested and I know works.

Now, I have working KitKat for the M9 Pro and M6 Pro. In addition to the KitKat U8 I made last week.

Thanks for testing!!!!!!!

Stay Tuned for an update. The only change will be working root.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Combined Strengths?

OK, I was trying a different rooting technique, which I've discovered wouldn't work. Thanks for testing.

I will upload an update using a root technique I've tested and I know works.

Now, I have working KitKat for the M9 Pro and M6 Pro. In addition to the KitKat U8 I made last week.

Thanks for testing!!!!!!!

Stay Tuned for an update. The only change will be working root.
                Hi
                Thanks for the work Randy. Is t possible to produce a rooted, ROM that combines the best of both yours and Fins ?
                I see you guys collaborate, so I was just wondering so I don't have to choose. Thanks again

Comment

We are taking baby steps, here.

First, we need to get a baseline on what NEEDS fixed with this ROM, before I start throwing things at it.

BTW, I've uploaded 2.5.2...with the root fix applied.

Give me about 5 minutes to change the link in post #1...maybe less.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

I've redone Post #1 and changed the link to this ROM.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!

If you encounter any problems or need further features added...please post in this thread.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

I've redone Post #1 and changed the link to this ROM.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!

If you encounter any problems or need further features added...please post in this thread.
                      I'm being desperate now, will this work on m7 pro by changing m7 pro kernel?

Edit:

ok so jelly bean files are not compatible. Oh well...

Comment

Haha...you answered your own question.

I have an M7 Pro, too...I'm not gonna risk it.....
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Testing, 1, 2, 3...

I'm testing this ROM right now on my M9 Pro. Flashing went like a breeze; rebooted like a charm. I notice it expects 3G signal on my wifi tablet... Now installing essential apps. Will come back for further testing results.

Comment

We are taking baby steps, here.

First, we need to get a baseline on what NEEDS fixed with this ROM, before I start throwing things at it.

BTW, I've uploaded 2.5.2...with the root fix applied.

Give me about 5 minutes to change the link in post #1...maybe less.
                            Random question... I have an Samsung S3 LTE (GT-I9305) which i Upgraded to KitKat and lost root. I cant seem to find any helpful info via Google.... Would you be able to advise methods of rooting Riley?

Comment

I don't have any experience with Samsung rooting. I've had a G4 for the last month, but haven't rooted mine yet.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X