No announcement yet.

Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 2.5.2 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wouldn't matter...most of that stuff is in the system.img.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Fault

Found one problem with the m7 to m9. Wenn trying to switch from Dalvik to ART, after the reboot the system is upgrading. This goes wrong. Each time you reboot, it wil try to upgrade and the system gets unstable. It will not complete the upgrade. So leave it in Dalvik.

Comment

I agree about the launcher, it has hairs on it. I will have to look at the nova launcher.

My wife skyped with this setup for about 30mins last night without any problems.

The WiFi still drops to 1mbps at random times, but I am guessing that is hardware and has been consistent across the other ROMs, but maybe slightly less frequently with this one.

I put the tablet into airplane mode when I went to bed at 12am last night and when I got up at 7am it had gone from 87% battery to 84%.
        From 7am to now (11am). With a couple of uses and with WiFi on, it has dropped to 78% battery.

Deleting the boot animation using es launcher takes it back to the stock android startup which is a bit less daggy and means you don't have it shouting M7 in big letters at you.

If anyone has other questions or wants me to test anything particular let me know.

A

Comment

If I don't see an update soon from Pipo for KitKat...I may put together a version for the M9 Pro, using the M7 Pro ROM. If you feel it is a major improvement. I can change everything to be M9 Pro specific.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

That would be great

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

M7 to M9 PRO

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              If I don't see an update soon from Pipo for KitKat...I may put together a version for the M9 Pro, using the M7 Pro ROM. If you feel it is a major improvement. I can change everything to be M9 Pro specific.
              I will be glad to test this work Master Randy .....

Comment

Yes please Randy!
                That would be fantastic

Comment

I don't know if you can do anything about it, but my son has just reported a bug.

When typing the name of a new world in on minecraft the keyboard vibrates, or shakes backwards and forwards.

I haven't had a problem with the keyboard in any other apps yet though, so I don't know where the problem would be.

Comment

That sounds great! Thanks for your great work

Comment

KitKat on M9pro, workin´GPS

THANx for further development - appreciate it !!

Comment

Oh, please do. This one as far better than the M9pro kitkat. Click image for larger version

Name:	bow2.gif
Views:	1
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	433257

Comment

@starcopy: can you explain what is better in this version äs in the m9pro KitKat one please?

Would also vote for a new version then.

Thanks for the great work

Comment

Originally posted by tullm View Post
                            @starcopy: can you explain what is better in this version äs in the m9pro KitKat one please?

Would also vote for a new version then.

Thanks for the great work
                            Pro's: Gps is working, Wifi keeps better signal, Powerbutton works normal, overall it runs stable.
                            Con's: Only Dalvik, ART doesn't work, I have no Gallery.

The con's van be type related. I have a wifi only, and this one is for a 3G model. So that's something I can't be sure of.

Comment

Thank you for the explanation. Sounds good.

Comment

I just released v2.6. This new ROM is based on firmware from the M7 Pro that I've ported to the M9 Pro.

Testers stated in above posts that GPS was working, among some other improvements.

Enjoy!!!!!!!
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X