Pipo U1 Pro RileyROM 1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo U1 Pro RileyROM 1.2

I don't really like to do this much, but I've taken a ported 4.2.2 firmware by Oma, and tweaked it around to make this RileyROM release. Normally, I would say...just flash his ROM, but I thought I could add some to it. He really provided a nice base for my Yuandao N101 ROM...and it works quite well. I just want to give Oma credit for porting this ROM...because I certainly didn't do it.

I don't have a U1 Pro to test this on...so I advise that you really need to know what you are doing BEFORE you flash. Be prepared to unbrick your tablet.

That being said, I think this will be a worthwhile update, if it works...to bring the U1 Pro into the 4.2.2 world.

EDIT: Sorry, folks...this ROM doesn't work. No more redoing Oma ROMs for me....I've been burned twice now.

Please stick with v1.1.

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d Support
    Busybox Support
    2, 4, 6, 8, or 10gb user app space options
    Among some other tweaks
    Multi-User Support added
    Tun.lo, Cifs.ko and Md4.ko modules added
    Auto Install Apps from External SD (see this thread for details)
    CWM Recovery will be automatically installed after the first boot.

Artwork by Tattman65
    Reboot app by Petrus
    The Freaktab Kitchen I use to cook ROM's is provided by 900Supersport
    Lots of support from the Freaktab Development Team!!!!!!

Enjoy!!!!!

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Last edited by rrileypm; 01-16-2014, 00:29.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Currently downloading sir Riley, will have a feedback later thanks for the rom!

btw, i tried yesterday the work by Oma and i say it's still isn't stable it's like having a 30fps cap.

- still 30fps
    - almost the same as the work by sir Oma
    - not yet rooted
    - no developer option

thats all i think i can say for now, returning to 1.1 rom

anyway still a great update for U1 Pro

hoping for a fix or new update from this 4.2.2
    Last edited by freakice; 01-07-2014, 06:07.

Comment

I've taken this ROM off line after learning a very important lesson. Thanks for trying. Go back to v1.1 for now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

okay sir Riley, will you be having a new update instead of this 4.2.2? hoping for a new one!

Comment

If Pipo sends out a KitKat firmware, I'll do another ROM.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

there are kitkat for other pipo tabs.. hoping for u1pro also..

Comment

4.2 Please...

Good day sir! I just want to ask, can you atleast check Oma's CM 10.1 Android 4.2 for U1 pro? Oma's file works, but it's so laggy. Maybe something to do withframerates. Please, can you atleast find a workaround for it to work perfect? Thank you very ,uch!

Comment

I'm afraid that since we don't have kernel sources for this particular device, we will have to have a stock kernel for KitKat. Sorry.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                  I'm afraid that since we don't have kernel sources for this particular device, we will have to have a stock kernel for KitKat. Sorry.
                  Even just 4.2 sir? Just. 4.2. =(

Comment

Working...
                  X