Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahaha....that's why I've opted to just wait on the delivery.

My actual contacts are pretty good communicators...but delegation of tasks seem to not go so well.

Sent from my P1 using Tapatalk
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

R: [Pipo-Project]Freaktab to Continue Pipo Firmware Support on Discontinued Models

Long life to m7pro🙌

Comment

Re: [Pipo-Project]Freaktab to Continue Pipo Firmware Support on Discontinued Models

Any chance for the M6 - Max (3g)?
        Galaxy Note 3 : stock (4.4.2) ROM
        Cubot GT99 : stock ROM with crossbreeder
        Pipo M6 3g : FreaktabROM v1.0.0

Comment

That's on the list.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Re: [Pipo-Project]Freaktab to Continue Pipo Firmware Support on Discontinued Models

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            That's on the list.
            Goooood news

Comment

Just an update on our progress. I won't bore you with the details...but although I have an agreement with Pipo, I still don't have the sources we need to get started.

My contact with Pipo says the engineer we need to give us the files is on holiday until mid October...so I'm waiting to hear further from him.

In the meantime, I've been working with FT member colinabroad to devise a method to electronically get the files out of China. Our first test worked perfectly...but the files were Jellybean files...not KitKat. So we really can't gain anything from them.

This project isn't dead by any means...but we are delayed until I hear back from Pipo...and now Rockchip seems to also be involved.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Just an update on our progress. I won't bore you with the details...but although I have an agreement with Pipo, I still don't have the sources we need to get started.

My contact with Pipo says the engineer we need to give us the files is on holiday until mid October...so I'm waiting to hear further from him.

In the meantime, I've been working with FT member colinabroad to devise a method to electronically get the files out of China. Our first test worked perfectly...but the files were Jellybean files...not KitKat. So we really can't gain anything from them.

This project isn't dead by any means...but we are delayed until I hear back from Pipo...and now Rockchip seems to also be involved.
                So disappointing !
                At the beginning we thought the sources were for kitkat kernel and android,
                Now you say they are jellybean, so something went wrong somewhere.
                I am afraid they will manage to drive us nuts quickly by being too inconsistent in their communication.
                I think rockchip has to be involved anyway,
                If they do not agreed, there will never be any kernel source nor SDK publication outside the first cercle of paying Chinese OEM/odm.
                If they agreed, it would be much simpler to have them send the files to you directly,

Any different opinion anyone ?

Comment

I don't want to lecture anybody but try to ask questions from the Chinese in a different way as normal in Europe or in the US. Set up simple questions so that they can make their answers with yes. Never await a no from them. If they saying maybe or later that means no and never. Those are cultural and social differences.

Comment

Excited...

Any News of development?
                    M8pro
                    M9pro (current tab)

Comment

People are now getting back into their offices in China this week. As I get more information I will post it here.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

People are now getting back into their offices in China this week. As I get more information I will post it here.
                        We keep our fingers crossed

Comment

Ok - Randy has given me the sources - full SDK including kernel. Unfortunately (1) I don't have enough space for the full SDK due to the RK3288 one being massive (2) I don't do ROMs!

However, I have the kernel source loaded up and compiling. I've got my M8HD on charge but if anyone has an M8HD available they may want to test before I do. I'll upload as soon as it is built.

The code base I'm compiling is for a LD089WU01 1920x1200 mipi dsi LCD. Hope that's the M8HD!
                          Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                          Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                          Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                          Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                          CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                          Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                          RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Randy, I'll start a thread specifically for kernel building on these sources
                            Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                            Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                            Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                            Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                            CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                            Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                            RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
                              Ok - Randy has given me the sources - full SDK including kernel. Unfortunately (1) I don't have enough space for the full SDK due to the RK3288 one being massive (2) I don't do ROMs!

However, I have the kernel source loaded up and compiling. I've got my M8HD on charge but if anyone has an M8HD available they may want to test before I do. I'll upload as soon as it is built.

The code base I'm compiling is for a LD089WU01 1920x1200 mipi dsi LCD. Hope that's the M8HD!
                              Hi, great news

ready for testing

Comment

LD089WU01 panel belongs to M7pro.

Not M8hd.

Comment

Working...
                                X