This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    Aside from the M8HD and the M6 Pro...our progress has slowed down a bit...but we haven't given up. Stay tuned.

Without the files or the tablets there really isn't much more I can do.
    • I've done the M8HD because we were given the files, SteveJC built a better solution
    • I've built a Cube U30GT2 because Geekbuying part sponsored providing me with a tablet (I paid half) and so I could build a solution
    • The M7Pro is really close but most of it was detective work (LCD), trial and error (gyro) and guesswork (touchscreen) - the touchscreen is still not working properly.
    • The M9Pro development is stalled as the LCD guesses I made so far are wrong

• Maakie was able to build a kernel fro the M6pro as he owns one and was able to experiment

So effectively without files or equipment we can't progress. With code/equipment Steve/Maakie/myself have proven we can build 'parallel' solutions.

I have lots of tablets / boxes, i don't need to buy any for my use - I actually use an ipad professionally (sorry!!) and so I don't feel the urge to purchase any more rk3188 tablets. The manufacturers don't supply samples for tablets (unlike box manafacturers) and so that isn't an option and the dealers are seeing sales going to rk3288 devices and so there is no need for them to generate demand for older devices. Without the configuration input (best) or the devices (second best) we will not be able to do much more here.
    Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
    Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
    Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
    Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
    CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
    Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
    RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Thanks for the progress report, D33. If I find out more I will share it.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Give me your DMESGs!

So we/I can try to build:

U6
        U8
        M6 Max
        M8 Pro
        M1 Pro

If you can send me DMESG and GPIO dumps I'll try

Donate to Finless

Comment

I have the U8 and M8 Pro. I can get you DMESG files tomorrow.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Here are some dmesg files:

U8

M8 Pro

M7 Pro (I added this for you to see what screen and stuff is installed on mine)

About the M8 Pro...just like Dnkn's version of the M9, my M8 Pro only has one NAND chip. I've never been able to boot a KitKat ROM on mine...it hard bricks every time I flash my own KK ROM to it. Dnkn says it's the bootloader that isn't compatible with the single NAND chips in the early versions...so the above dmesg is from my last Jellybean ROM...so I don't know if it would be of much use, except to identify some components. Someone with a 2 NAND chip version of the M8 Pro...running my KK ROM needs to provide you with a dmesg from their's.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Here are some dmesg files:

U8

M8 Pro

M7 Pro (I added this for you to see what screen and stuff is installed on mine)

About the M8 Pro...just like Dnkn's version of the M9, my M8 Pro only has one NAND chip. I've never been able to boot a KitKat ROM on mine...it hard bricks every time I flash my own KK ROM to it. Dnkn says it's the bootloader that isn't compatible with the single NAND chips in the early versions...so the above dmesg is from my last Jellybean ROM...so I don't know if it would be of much use, except to identify some components. Someone with a 2 NAND chip version of the M8 Pro...running my KK ROM needs to provide you with a dmesg from their's.
              Thanks Randy. Please test my latest M7pro kernel as you have a goodix TS.

Donate to Finless

Comment

OK...I will try it and report.

Been playing around with this X7 box all morning.....
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Been playing around with this X7 box all morning.....
                  hi! just one question - did you already dismantle x7? i'm interested is it possible to upgrade ram on it? is it soldered on MB, or it is in slots?

many thanks in advance!

all the best in new year to all forum users!!!

Comment

I haven't gotten that far yet...but I will take a look and report over on my review thread.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

many thanks in advance!!

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
                        Without the files or the tablets there really isn't much more I can do.
                        • I've done the M8HD because we were given the files, SteveJC built a better solution
                        • I've built a Cube U30GT2 because Geekbuying part sponsored providing me with a tablet (I paid half) and so I could build a solution
                        • The M7Pro is really close but most of it was detective work (LCD), trial and error (gyro) and guesswork (touchscreen) - the touchscreen is still not working properly.
                        • The M9Pro development is stalled as the LCD guesses I made so far are wrong

• Maakie was able to build a kernel fro the M6pro as he owns one and was able to experiment

So effectively without files or equipment we can't progress. With code/equipment Steve/Maakie/myself have proven we can build 'parallel' solutions.

I have lots of tablets / boxes, i don't need to buy any for my use - I actually use an ipad professionally (sorry!!) and so I don't feel the urge to purchase any more rk3188 tablets. The manufacturers don't supply samples for tablets (unlike box manafacturers) and so that isn't an option and the dealers are seeing sales going to rk3288 devices and so there is no need for them to generate demand for older devices. Without the configuration input (best) or the devices (second best) we will not be able to do much more here.

You also probably need more devs !

I own a max m6, and I able to compil kernel and more.
                        Despite I think the JB rom is good enough (for me at least), I can help you to port KK for MAX M6 if you give me access to source !

Comment

Re: [Pipo-Project]Freaktab to Continue Pipo Firmware Support on Discontinued Models

Originally posted by Slowry View Post
                          You also probably need more devs !

I own a max m6, and I able to compil kernel and more.
                          Despite I think the JB rom is good enough (for me at least), I can help you to port KK for MAX M6 if you give me access to source !
                          Please send me a PM with a little info about yourself.

So far, we are using an SDK that is specific to the M8HD. This weekend, we made some headway with the M7 Pro.

Now, the challenge is to get KK working on those earlier models...like the M6 Max.

I also have the JB SDK, but I don't know which tablet it's for.

I'm still working on getting more files from Pipo.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

[Pipo-Project]Freaktab to Continue Pipo Firmware Support on Discontinued Models

JB kernel is a 1280x800 model. I'll confirm later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
                              JB kernel is a 1280x800 model. I'll confirm later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              M9 Max

Donate to Finless

Comment

Isn't it possible to geht the sources directly from rockchip as it is no longer supported soc?

Gesendet von meinem M7pro mit Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X