[Pipo Project] M9 Pro ROM testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent, thanks for the info!
    Btw, yesterday i flashed system.img from PipoM6Pro_ROM_150129_3G.zip over PipoM9Pro and it worked!! a bit slow , but it worked.

Comment

Secret testing !

OK Guys,
      Who forgot to mention to me that you were testing for the M9Pro ?? :-( I am in! I just bought myself an iPad Air2 which is amazing, but not cheap! Cheaper than the equivalent Samsung tablet though (at least here in China!) My main reason was lack of reliability and also availability of the internet and apps over here - no google no dropbox, no facebook, no youtube etc etc without a VPN and they are starting to clamp down on VPN use as well, so anything Andriod is becoming a nightmare . ALSO my trusty M9Pro is failing fast, but will be fine for my daughter to play with! The iPad works right out of the box, is blazing fast on the internet and lasts four or five DAYS on one charge !!! - yes, I use it: read books, check emails etc etc, just as I have tried on the PIPO - it is simply in a different class altogether. No GPS antenna though, so I wonder how it is supposed to work for navigation out in a car with no WiFi !!??
      So, I will get into the testing of the latest one posted here over the weekend and come back soonest with feedback - lets hope we can get one last ROM for this ever popular tablet.
      Cheers for now,
      Colin.

Comment

Sorry, Colin...its been a busy week. This took me by surprise too. Steve is doing a great job...and I think I have most of the wrinkles ironed out of the system.

Let us know what you think!!!

BTW...kudos to Colin for being our China connection in getting all of the sources from Pipo. Without Colin's help, none of this could have been possible!!!!!
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

No Worries Randy, just loaded it up now and am again struggling to get onto the play store. Is there anyway you can cook Titanium into the ROM so we can add apps without signing up to Google? I know you need the pro key from the store, but once you have titanium it is easy enough to get from your SD card. I think!

Comment

Why don't you download the apk from titanium backup website? The developer has a link with the latest version, you can get it from there and put it into the SD, will be autoinstalled with the first boot.

Edit: here is the link for the website, you can download the apk from there
            Extremely powerful backup tool for Android devices. Backup/restore all apps, protected apps, app settings, market links and much more !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Comment

multi window

just curious, does this rom has the multiwindow effect?
              M8pro
              M9pro (current tab)

Comment

Multi Window was a feature in JB that wasn't carried over to KK. So, no...this ROM does not have it.
                Randy
                Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

[Pipo Project] M9 Pro ROM testing

Today i have flashed Kernel_1.13.IMG and i can print from chrome. So for now i have only the fc in pm in tapatalk.
                  Last edited by Matador; 02-17-2015, 21:07.

Comment

Riley Rom 3.0 =/< 1.03

Is this rom the same as the RR3.0, or better than?
                    M8pro
                    M9pro (current tab)

Comment

Do your own test. I come from last kasty and i think this Rom is a bit smoother than the one form kasty.

Comment

testing

true, its just time is not on my side to do this nowadays, plus there are already tons of files in my tab now that I can't just transfer...

Just trying to save time...
                        M8pro
                        M9pro (current tab)

Comment

I have tested this rom for a few days and since I have already found some problems.
                          1-problems when using any browser the tablet image is blurred. I have to turn off and on the screen to continue using.
                          2-problems in certain uses of MXplayer.
                          3 Problems with hayday (game) the game does not run and the tablet blocks having to reboot the tablet.

But I want to thank you for the rom development liked the way it is.
                          sorry for my english (google translator)

Comment

BUGS

Originally posted by danie028 View Post
                            I have tested this rom for a few days and since I have already found some problems.
                            1-problems when using any browser the tablet image is blurred. I have to turn off and on the screen to continue using.
                            2-problems in certain uses of MXplayer.
                            3 Problems with hayday (game) the game does not run and the tablet blocks having to reboot the tablet.

But I want to thank you for the rom development liked the way it is.
                            sorry for my english (google translator)
                            Problems with games do exist
                            In particular, and other similar Problems with games do exist
                            In particular, and other similar Injustice: Gods Among Us, WWE Immortals, Batman: Arkham Origins
                            These games run only in ART mode
                            After retiring to sleep off, not always but very often
                            Charging is not displayed when the tablet is turned off
                            In general all the symptoms of firmware M6PRO

Comment

Screen sync problem with 1.0.3

I am having the same problem as Danie -- after some seemingly random amount of time, my tablet loses horizontal sync (assuming wide, camera at the top orientation). Occasionally, static glitches show at the top or bottom of the screen as well. The amount of sync offset varies but usually is a couple mm.

Does not seem to be related to any specific apps or category (eg browsers). Just the launcher open with no other apps running can trigger it.

A quick sleep-unsleep powervbutton push immediately fixes it; no reboot needed.

Aside from this, seems faster and more reliable than 3.0.1 and 3.4.

Thanks

Comment

Well, that happens on mine as well, but mine must have a hardware issue (as with any other ROM it either restarts or freezes and needs to be reset). Or at least that's what I thought so far... But this ROM, doesn't reset my tablet, which makes me thing that I have a hw revision that simply doesn't stack well with current ROMs (all KK ones and custom JB ROMs ).

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X