X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andreim
    replied
    Happy New Year!

I just installed this version on my PIPO M9 Pro.
    Everything seems to work very good. Much better (smooth and quicker) then my previous one (Finless 1.5).

I noticed 2 issues:
    - the "Home Screen" is not auto-rotating. Is it a feature which I have to activate or a bug?
    - the multi-user is not working properly. I can create users from the main account but in the user profile the keyboard is not activating. So a regular user cannot modify the profile, search the we or the Google store.

Please tell me if you need something from my part in order to help you fix these things.

All the best in 2016!

Leave a comment:

• mikpj
    replied
    So i decided to take the jump to this rom coming from 3.0.1. feedback to come

Leave a comment:

• gefattern
    replied
    Hi Guys
    the best Rom until now is Freaktab Rom 1.0.3 for Pipo M9Pro.
    Hint for Tim007,you have to uninstall the System apk called Velvet.apk,to delete Searchbar,for this you need Root & Rootexplorer .
    GPS was always a Problem for Pipo M9Pro,look on Arctablet.com,too.M9Pro is now an old Device,look for RK 3288 & 3368 Devices.
    Have a nice Day

gefattern

Leave a comment:

• mikpj
    replied
    I haven't even been here for 1year since my M9 just ROCKS with RR 3.01 always love it when my wife complains about her iPad 2. My problem these days is that I cannot install/update any more apps. It says that I have insufficient memory.
    I am sure this has been discussed somewhere but I just could not find where.
    Great work

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• tim007
    replied

Hi, had to come into Freaktab after my GF came to me with puppy eyes saying she killed the tablet
    No idea how she managed, but yep.. it needed fixing, so I decided it might aswell be a new rom.

Till now it had been happily running Pipo_M9_Pro_RileyROM_3.0.1
    So, went to Freaktab, read the 3.4 thread prior to flashing, and noticed Riley pointing here - so yes, why not

Sadly I won't be able to help out other then user testing, but in the hope it helps you guys I'll go for it.

Installed v1.03

Pros:
    - install works
    - boot works fine (like the new screens!)
    - Android version 4.4.2
    - kernel version 3.0.36+
    - wifi works fine (not counting my own typo on the password - doh)
    - bluetooth works fine (xfer test on photos from phone to pipo)
    - Wifi location works (tested with google maps)
    - kodi 15.2 + fusion installer from tvaddons.ag (streamed some fav. episodes with no lags,etc)

Cons:
    - Automatic time zone - not working (unticked, set to GMT+1, reticked - then worked - not the first device I had that doesn't do this correctly)
    - GPS location does not work (tested with gps status & toolbox)
    - Starting reboot from the onboard apps jumps to "You don't have root access - Exit"

Odd:
    - Topleft corner shows a # sign, when I pull it down it points to SuperSU saying: The SU binary needs to be updated!
    Updating however goes into an endless loop.
    In all fairness, this same thing happend in the 3.01 rom - I had assumed it would be gone using a new rom.
    Any idea how to fix this?

Requests?:
    - A custom freaktab wallpaper
    - I'll also drop a +1 for removing the google searchbar in a next version
    - Power button in bottom menu (i know, there's the hardware button - but still I prefer the power button in the menu)

Anything else I could test/try out from a user perspective that would be usefull?

Leave a comment:

• A64
    replied
    Hi there.. also asked in the 3.x topic.. maybe I'm trying here as well.

New feature: I don't know where to request this - .. can you implement (even as an install zip) exFAT support ?
    Some of my older ROM-s supported this on the SD card itself and also on the USB-OTG device. Now this feature is lost.

Reasons:
    - movies above 4G filesize, inappropriate for FAT32, fits NTFS only
    - don't want to format a SD card to NTFS due to excess writes even at reads
    - NTFS hard disk via OTG doesn't get enough power to spin up

So at the moment I'm a bit stuck with watching 1080p mkv-s on the device, at least above filesize 4G. And most of them are somewhat bigger, for sure.

Thanks for the feedback.

Leave a comment:

• A64
    replied
    Hmm. Just went to the gym, then arrived home, unlocking the tab and I see everything in double, a bit ghosted like already mentioned. See below pictures. I locked the screen and unlocked again - and it's fine again. So this definitely has to do something with the ROM. I might give RR 3.4 a try and if there're still issues (maybe different ones), I'll stick to 3.0.1
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Leave a comment:

• A64
    replied
    IHmm I just got a blurred screen while installing an Avast antivirus. Locked the screen (off) and got back and the screen fuzzyness is away. Strange behaviour. I saw everything in double as if I would copy onto a separate layer what I see and then shift the upper layer in half-transparent mode by some millimeters to the left. I don't think it's a cable issue, this tablet has never ever had such issues yet and today morning I used it with the older 2.8 RileyROM very nicely. If this appears again, something around the screen hardware or it's settings (like Xorg.conf in linux) should be adjusted maybe. We'll see.
    Last edited by A64; 07-31-2015, 09:47. Reason: Edit: blur again with the camera app. Screen lock resets it, issue gone, camera app doesn't trigger it for the 2nd time. Seems to be a random error.

Leave a comment:

• A64
    replied
    PS: just thinking about how to remove the Google search bar from the main screen.

Leave a comment:

• A64
    replied
    Hi folks,

so far so good, v1.0.3 works after RileyRom 2.8 just nicely.
    There was a little stress on flashing the new ROM:
    - Win7 x64, driver installed correctly and FlashTool still didn't see my Rockchip hardware. This is not the first time, it's an Intel Z87 board and a new Win7 installation. Same issues I had with my previous Win7 and a Z97 board - maybe Haswell's USB3 or I don't know doesn't let the flashtool recognize the tablet
    - So I used my mother's PC a 4-core AMD and the flashtool saw the tablet (Win7 x64).
    - Erased NAND, 2 times, then flashed 1.0.3, reboot, ok. Stuck at the first logo, nothing happens. Reset, boot again. First logo, nothing happens.
    - Erased NAND again and flashed again. Just for fun. Btw, with parameter12 this time. (I have a 32G micro SD anyway - removed during flashing of course).
    - It works !!!

So far WiFi is ok, Google Maps is locating me instantly, everything seems to be fine. I'll keep you updated if I encounter some errors. I want to give this tablet my girlfriend so I just want to make sure it's stable and reliable.

Cheers guys and THANK YOU

Leave a comment:

• raxy
    replied
    Originally posted by Dabolx View Post
    Hello, are you still developing this rom? When final version is going to be released?
    Hi, I've never had the intention to develop M9* roms, and I still have no idea on when and by whom the next M9* custom ROM will be released.

Leave a comment:

• Dabolx
    replied
    Hello, are you still developing this rom? When final version is going to be released?

Leave a comment:

• raxy
    replied
    d33 ended up with getting an m9, iirc...

Leave a comment:

• dalton72
    replied
    Hello rrileypm ,
    Any news about this Rom?
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• malfrat
    replied
    Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    My agreement with Pipo and Rockchip prevents me from releasing the sources except to Freaktab developers. We are, however, searching for a replacement M9 Pro kernel developer.

In order to be considered, the person must be willing to participate as an active member of our team...and be willing to share your knowledge with our other developers.

Please PM me if you are interested. We would like some background information...and some examples of your work.

The sources, however, must stay within our team.

I realize that goes against the Android Community Code...but in order for us to even get what we have...I had to make that one compromise.
    i forgot to say that D33 seem to do good work on other pipo model....pipo should do a gift to him maybe...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X