X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• malfrat
    replied
    Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    My agreement with Pipo and Rockchip prevents me from releasing the sources except to Freaktab developers. We are, however, searching for a replacement M9 Pro kernel developer.

In order to be considered, the person must be willing to participate as an active member of our team...and be willing to share your knowledge with our other developers.

Please PM me if you are interested. We would like some background information...and some examples of your work.

The sources, however, must stay within our team.

I realize that goes against the Android Community Code...but in order for us to even get what we have...I had to make that one compromise.
    What does PIPO DEV in her side ? Pipo manufacture doesn't have much money to pay developper that user got a reliable product. Anyway i don't lie to user that manufactures support are between 6 month to 1 year and start right at the product lauch date. no matter if it's a 30$ tv stick or a 300$ tablet, after that period if device programation part is not fixed we are lost unless we got a good home dev + source from manufacture. if it's hardware relatred we are lost and stock in the mood

a talent kernel developer like Finless, mo123, omegamoon or leolas would just save Pipo ass and it's urge!!, bite this Pipo!... of course, no matter the rom we use there is alway major bug never been fixed, a real shame for a 300$ product. Pipo should send 1xm9pro per major freaktab rockchip dev

Symptom are that on JB rom the tablet won't reboot but:

1- wifi cut and cannot reconnect until turn off and on again (voltage problem and/or wrong calibrate mhz when kernel boot, kernel related)
    2- Gps is useless but it's hardware related (an other antenna could solve this, i don't know i'm not glonass geek, surely kernel related same as wifi)
    3- Tablet won't reboot but lag and lag ( could be rknand_buffer interfer with rknand_buffer, cpu voltage, gpu voltage, surfaceflinger, ram , touch+lcd calibration, IT'S KERNEL DEBUG RELATED)

Symptom on KK rom is the same but instead of lag, the 'Kernel Panic' simply without warn and hot reboot.

i've found that on RR 3.4 when i play youtube video, it play well and sometime for nothing the screen turn black then i try to re-launch the video and stay black but got audio. no matter if i try to launch an other video the video screen is black but got audio. I got the same problem with my Imito Qx1 who defenately have power issue for sure and it's hardware related we have proof. Maybe the m9 pro gpu need more power and/or somewhere in the kernel cpu voltage tab. And GOD i never see more error in a dmesg before...

JB or KK ?? none of this rom are wrong!! ONLY KERNEL OR HARDWARE...EVEN WORST

BITE THIS PIPO AND DO YOU HOMEWORK, seem that user paid big money for a flashy style design case but my 100$ generic rk3188 tablet doesn't have gps and only 16gb rom 1gb ram and 1 speaker but overall run solid fast and rule the house

there is no any reason for me to buy an other expensive pipo product until i got satisfaction with the one i've already own. Fix kernel first pipo, otherwise it's hardware issue. send me respectable gift card discount , i could provide a picture of my m9pro 3g device + Banggood re-seller name who is very friendly with me + serial number as well

Leave a comment:

• rrileypm
    replied
    My agreement with Pipo and Rockchip prevents me from releasing the sources except to Freaktab developers. We are, however, searching for a replacement M9 Pro kernel developer.

In order to be considered, the person must be willing to participate as an active member of our team...and be willing to share your knowledge with our other developers.

Please PM me if you are interested. We would like some background information...and some examples of your work.

The sources, however, must stay within our team.

I realize that goes against the Android Community Code...but in order for us to even get what we have...I had to make that one compromise.

Leave a comment:

• strontium90
    replied
    kernel source

Could you provide us with kernel source given by pipo ? If so, community will have more choices of rom`s and stuff.

p.s. I and maybe somebody else want to see CM 11 or 12 on our tablet.

Leave a comment:

• raxy
    replied
    Sorry I was away from this discussion for a while as it is about the m9pro (i have no such device) and I am not targeting this tablet.
    I have not even tried to build a working m9p kernel from pipo source, and am not willing to blindly build and publish kernels I can't test myself.

So my suggestion is to revert to a good working full firmware, then wait for our m9pro magicians.

Leave a comment:

• colinabroad
    replied
    Hahaha!!!!! I thought I was having a flashback, Colin...until I saw that last sentence in the first paragraph.

I hope the surgery goes well!!!!!!! On your tablet, that is......
    I will definitely NOT be going for any other type of surgery here in China !!

Leave a comment:

• rrileypm
    replied
    Hahaha!!!!! I thought I was having a flashback, Colin...until I saw that last sentence in the first paragraph.

I hope the surgery goes well!!!!!!! On your tablet, that is......

Leave a comment:

• colinabroad
    replied
    (The display and touch panel are attached to the motherboard by a ribbon cable with a very sensitive connector. If you are game for a little surgery...you might try removing the back cover and giving the connectors for these ribbon cables a firm press into place. There might be a loose connection.) - from previous post by Randy, not sure why it is not coming up in 'quotes'?

A Ha !! I think I did report this issue a while back, and I also put it down to failing hardware. I have dropped the tablet a couple of times, so it is possible I have dislodged my connectors - it seems that it is time for me to get the knives out and open her up!! I will take some photos as I go, although I think there are others who have been here before me. I will report back later, but it may be some time later!
    Last edited by colinabroad; 03-10-2015, 00:40. Reason: quotes not working

Leave a comment:

• rrileypm
    replied
    I, like you, have just been waiting for Stevejc to post an update. Progress depends on his magic right now.

Otherwise, unless Steve has some additions to the system, the ROM is pretty much done.

Leave a comment:

• Kenneth
    replied
    Hey randy at what point are we with this rom? Where is stevejc he is not online recently

Sent from my P9 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• CybeRNerO
    replied
    That sounds as the most probable reason randy. As I stated before, mine has issues with the most recent firmwares, and not with the old JB ones made by PIPO.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• rrileypm
    replied
    Hmmmm, I will have to let Raxy chime in on this discussion. I don't have anymore ideas.

Leave a comment:

• mac3blade
    replied
    Did you get your tablet brand new? Or was it used or refurbished?
    I bought it (purportedly) new from BangGood.com - looked new when I took it out of the box and I've never had any indication that it wasn't.

Leave a comment:

• rrileypm
    replied
    Did you get your tablet brand new? Or was it used or refurbished?

That makes a difference.

Some items that were returned to Pipo were refurbished by third party and different displays and touch screens were installed. We've found this on several Pipo models which require different kernel settings to get everything working correctly.

It's possible that you might have a hardware variation that works with the old firmware, but not with the most recent firmware.

It's just an idea.

Maybe Raxy is up for some alternative kernels for you to try...but I don't know exactly what is involved. So I can't promise anything.

Leave a comment:

• mac3blade
    replied
    1.0.3 ROM won't boot with kernel 406 or 407

One thing you might try is to flash this ROM with the 3.0 kernel. That would narrow down whether the problem is with the ROM or the kernel.

For science, I tried both the 406 and 407 kernels. In both cases, the tablet got as far as the background and the little center circle with tiles in the middle and then froze. No default icons, no response to touch. Same thing with both the 406 and 407 versions.

I erased NAND twice each time and ran the flasher as Administrator. I think I did everything right but no love from the 1.0.3 ROM and 3.0 kernel combo, so impossible to tell which one is causing my crazy screen sync issues.

Thanks for the idea, though. I'm back to 3.0.1 and I suppose stuck here until another idea comes up.

And thanks for all the effort you've put into these ROMs, Randy.

Leave a comment:

• rrileypm
    replied
    One thing you might try is to flash this ROM with the 3.0 kernel. That would narrow down whether the problem is with the ROM or the kernel.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X