[Pipo Project] M9 Pro ROM testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    Hahaha!!!!! I thought I was having a flashback, Colin...until I saw that last sentence in the first paragraph.

I hope the surgery goes well!!!!!!! On your tablet, that is......
    I will definitely NOT be going for any other type of surgery here in China !!

Comment

Sorry I was away from this discussion for a while as it is about the m9pro (i have no such device) and I am not targeting this tablet.
      I have not even tried to build a working m9p kernel from pipo source, and am not willing to blindly build and publish kernels I can't test myself.

So my suggestion is to revert to a good working full firmware, then wait for our m9pro magicians.

Comment

kernel source

Could you provide us with kernel source given by pipo ? If so, community will have more choices of rom`s and stuff.

p.s. I and maybe somebody else want to see CM 11 or 12 on our tablet.

Comment

My agreement with Pipo and Rockchip prevents me from releasing the sources except to Freaktab developers. We are, however, searching for a replacement M9 Pro kernel developer.

In order to be considered, the person must be willing to participate as an active member of our team...and be willing to share your knowledge with our other developers.

Please PM me if you are interested. We would like some background information...and some examples of your work.

The sources, however, must stay within our team.

I realize that goes against the Android Community Code...but in order for us to even get what we have...I had to make that one compromise.
          Randy
          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

My agreement with Pipo and Rockchip prevents me from releasing the sources except to Freaktab developers. We are, however, searching for a replacement M9 Pro kernel developer.

In order to be considered, the person must be willing to participate as an active member of our team...and be willing to share your knowledge with our other developers.

Please PM me if you are interested. We would like some background information...and some examples of your work.

I realize that goes against the Android Community Code...but in order for us to even get what we have...I had to make that one compromise.
            What does PIPO DEV in her side ? Pipo manufacture doesn't have much money to pay developper that user got a reliable product. Anyway i don't lie to user that manufactures support are between 6 month to 1 year and start right at the product lauch date. no matter if it's a 30$ tv stick or a 300$ tablet, after that period if device programation part is not fixed we are lost unless we got a good home dev + source from manufacture. if it's hardware relatred we are lost and stock in the mood

a talent kernel developer like Finless, mo123, omegamoon or leolas would just save Pipo ass and it's urge!!, bite this Pipo!... of course, no matter the rom we use there is alway major bug never been fixed, a real shame for a 300$ product. Pipo should send 1xm9pro per major freaktab rockchip dev

Symptom are that on JB rom the tablet won't reboot but:

1- wifi cut and cannot reconnect until turn off and on again (voltage problem and/or wrong calibrate mhz when kernel boot, kernel related)
            2- Gps is useless but it's hardware related (an other antenna could solve this, i don't know i'm not glonass geek, surely kernel related same as wifi)
            3- Tablet won't reboot but lag and lag ( could be rknand_buffer interfer with rknand_buffer, cpu voltage, gpu voltage, surfaceflinger, ram , touch+lcd calibration, IT'S KERNEL DEBUG RELATED)

Symptom on KK rom is the same but instead of lag, the 'Kernel Panic' simply without warn and hot reboot.

i've found that on RR 3.4 when i play youtube video, it play well and sometime for nothing the screen turn black then i try to re-launch the video and stay black but got audio. no matter if i try to launch an other video the video screen is black but got audio. I got the same problem with my Imito Qx1 who defenately have power issue for sure and it's hardware related we have proof. Maybe the m9 pro gpu need more power and/or somewhere in the kernel cpu voltage tab. And GOD i never see more error in a dmesg before...

JB or KK ?? none of this rom are wrong!! ONLY KERNEL OR HARDWARE...EVEN WORST

BITE THIS PIPO AND DO YOU HOMEWORK, seem that user paid big money for a flashy style design case but my 100$ generic rk3188 tablet doesn't have gps and only 16gb rom 1gb ram and 1 speaker but overall run solid fast and rule the house

there is no any reason for me to buy an other expensive pipo product until i got satisfaction with the one i've already own. Fix kernel first pipo, otherwise it's hardware issue. send me respectable gift card discount , i could provide a picture of my m9pro 3g device + Banggood re-seller name who is very friendly with me + serial number as well

Comment

i forgot to say that D33 seem to do good work on other pipo model....pipo should do a gift to him maybe...

Comment

Hello rrileypm ,
                Any news about this Rom?
                Thanks.

Comment

d33 ended up with getting an m9, iirc...

Comment

Hello, are you still developing this rom? When final version is going to be released?

Comment

Originally posted by Dabolx View Post
                      Hello, are you still developing this rom? When final version is going to be released?
                      Hi, I've never had the intention to develop M9* roms, and I still have no idea on when and by whom the next M9* custom ROM will be released.

Comment

Hi folks,

so far so good, v1.0.3 works after RileyRom 2.8 just nicely.
                        There was a little stress on flashing the new ROM:
                        - Win7 x64, driver installed correctly and FlashTool still didn't see my Rockchip hardware. This is not the first time, it's an Intel Z87 board and a new Win7 installation. Same issues I had with my previous Win7 and a Z97 board - maybe Haswell's USB3 or I don't know doesn't let the flashtool recognize the tablet
                        - So I used my mother's PC a 4-core AMD and the flashtool saw the tablet (Win7 x64).
                        - Erased NAND, 2 times, then flashed 1.0.3, reboot, ok. Stuck at the first logo, nothing happens. Reset, boot again. First logo, nothing happens.
                        - Erased NAND again and flashed again. Just for fun. Btw, with parameter12 this time. (I have a 32G micro SD anyway - removed during flashing of course).
                        - It works !!!

So far WiFi is ok, Google Maps is locating me instantly, everything seems to be fine. I'll keep you updated if I encounter some errors. I want to give this tablet my girlfriend so I just want to make sure it's stable and reliable.

Cheers guys and THANK YOU
                        PiPO M9 Pro 3G - RileyROM 2.0 (8GB internal storage) -

Comment

PS: just thinking about how to remove the Google search bar from the main screen.

Comment

IHmm I just got a blurred screen while installing an Avast antivirus. Locked the screen (off) and got back and the screen fuzzyness is away. Strange behaviour. I saw everything in double as if I would copy onto a separate layer what I see and then shift the upper layer in half-transparent mode by some millimeters to the left. I don't think it's a cable issue, this tablet has never ever had such issues yet and today morning I used it with the older 2.8 RileyROM very nicely. If this appears again, something around the screen hardware or it's settings (like Xorg.conf in linux) should be adjusted maybe. We'll see.
                            Last edited by A64; 07-31-2015, 09:47. Reason: Edit: blur again with the camera app. Screen lock resets it, issue gone, camera app doesn't trigger it for the 2nd time. Seems to be a random error.

Comment

Hmm. Just went to the gym, then arrived home, unlocking the tab and I see everything in double, a bit ghosted like already mentioned. See below pictures. I locked the screen and unlocked again - and it's fine again. So this definitely has to do something with the ROM. I might give RR 3.4 a try and if there're still issues (maybe different ones), I'll stick to 3.0.1
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Hi there.. also asked in the 3.x topic.. maybe I'm trying here as well.

New feature: I don't know where to request this - .. can you implement (even as an install zip) exFAT support ?
                                Some of my older ROM-s supported this on the SD card itself and also on the USB-OTG device. Now this feature is lost.

Reasons:
                                - movies above 4G filesize, inappropriate for FAT32, fits NTFS only
                                - don't want to format a SD card to NTFS due to excess writes even at reads
                                - NTFS hard disk via OTG doesn't get enough power to spin up

So at the moment I'm a bit stuck with watching 1080p mkv-s on the device, at least above filesize 4G. And most of them are somewhat bigger, for sure.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
                                X