X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mac3blade
    replied
    Screen blur returns after upgrading to 3.0.1

Didn't even have to wait until tomorrow. Within ten minutes of flashing 1.0.3, I get the exact same sync issues. This despite checking the ribbon cable (which did not appear loose at all and is held in place with glue from the Pipo factory).

Again, I had no issues at all with 3.0.1 -- I think I am going back, despite the random reboots. The screen issue is just too severe and frequent.

Thanks

Originally posted by mac3blade View Post
    Randy

Thanks for the reply. I would tend to agree that it seems like a hardware problem, but it happened immediately after I installed the ROM and disappeared *immediately* after I reverted to 3.0.1.

I am, however, willing to give 1.0.3 another chance.

Even though my tablet is currently running perfectly under 3.0.1, I'll crack it open, re-seat the cables, and give 1.0.3 a second shot.

I'll let you know how my screen looks tomorrow.

Again, thanks for the input.

Leave a comment:

• mac3blade
    replied
    Screen issues disappeared with 3.0.1

Randy

Thanks for the reply. I would tend to agree that it seems like a hardware problem, but it happened immediately after I installed the ROM and disappeared *immediately* after I reverted to 3.0.1.

I am, however, willing to give 1.0.3 another chance.

Even though my tablet is currently running perfectly under 3.0.1, I'll crack it open, re-seat the cables, and give 1.0.3 a second shot.

I'll let you know how my screen looks tomorrow.

Again, thanks for the input.

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    The fact that you managed to fix the problem, temporarily, by pressing the reset button points to a very familiar hardware problem.

The display and touch panel are attached to the motherboard by a ribbon cable with a very sensitive connector. If you are game for a little surgery...you might try removing the back cover and giving the connectors for these ribbon cables a firm press into place. There might be a loose connection.

When you pressed the reset button, you might have adjusted the cable with pressure on the motherboard and after some time, the connection failed again.

This has happened a few times for me.

Also, since nobody else has mentioned the same symptoms...it supports my idea of a hardware issue on your tablet.

Leave a comment:

• rrileypm
    replied
    The fact that you managed to fix the problem, temporarily, by pressing the reset button points to a very familiar hardware problem.

The display and touch panel are attached to the motherboard by a ribbon cable with a very sensitive connector. If you are game for a little surgery...you might try removing the back cover and giving the connectors for these ribbon cables a firm press into place. There might be a loose connection.

When you pressed the reset button, you might have adjusted the cable with pressure on the motherboard and after some time, the connection failed again.

This has happened a few times for me.

Also, since nobody else has mentioned the same symptoms...it supports my idea of a hardware issue on your tablet.

Leave a comment:

• mac3blade
    replied
    Pin reset did *not* fix sync issue after all

Well, I spoke too soon. The screen was normal for a little over a day but now I have the same horizontal sync issue. Not sure if I should just go back to 3.0.1?

Any ideas what might be going on?

Not sure why I didn't try this earlier, but a reset with a pin in the reset hole appears to have fixed my blurred screen issue. Super smooth now.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• mac3blade
    replied
    Blurring fixed?

I am having the same problem as Danie -- after some seemingly random amount of time, my tablet loses horizontal sync (assuming wide, camera at the top orientation). Occasionally, static glitches show at the top or bottom of the screen as well. The amount of sync offset varies but usually is a couple mm.

Does not seem to be related to any specific apps or category (eg browsers). Just the launcher open with no other apps running can trigger it.

A quick sleep-unsleep powervbutton push immediately fixes it; no reboot needed.

Aside from this, seems faster and more reliable than 3.0.1 and 3.4.

Thanks

Not sure why I didn't try this earlier, but a reset with a pin in the reset hole appears to have fixed my blurred screen issue. Super smooth now.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• CybeRNerO
    replied
    Well, that happens on mine as well, but mine must have a hardware issue (as with any other ROM it either restarts or freezes and needs to be reset). Or at least that's what I thought so far... But this ROM, doesn't reset my tablet, which makes me thing that I have a hw revision that simply doesn't stack well with current ROMs (all KK ones and custom JB ROMs ).

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• mac3blade
    replied
    Screen sync problem with 1.0.3

I am having the same problem as Danie -- after some seemingly random amount of time, my tablet loses horizontal sync (assuming wide, camera at the top orientation). Occasionally, static glitches show at the top or bottom of the screen as well. The amount of sync offset varies but usually is a couple mm.

Does not seem to be related to any specific apps or category (eg browsers). Just the launcher open with no other apps running can trigger it.

A quick sleep-unsleep powervbutton push immediately fixes it; no reboot needed.

Aside from this, seems faster and more reliable than 3.0.1 and 3.4.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• bucefal82
    replied
    BUGS

Originally posted by danie028 View Post
    I have tested this rom for a few days and since I have already found some problems.
    1-problems when using any browser the tablet image is blurred. I have to turn off and on the screen to continue using.
    2-problems in certain uses of MXplayer.
    3 Problems with hayday (game) the game does not run and the tablet blocks having to reboot the tablet.

But I want to thank you for the rom development liked the way it is.
    sorry for my english (google translator)
    Problems with games do exist
    In particular, and other similar Problems with games do exist
    In particular, and other similar Injustice: Gods Among Us, WWE Immortals, Batman: Arkham Origins
    These games run only in ART mode
    After retiring to sleep off, not always but very often
    Charging is not displayed when the tablet is turned off
    In general all the symptoms of firmware M6PRO

Leave a comment:

• danie028
    replied
    I have tested this rom for a few days and since I have already found some problems.
    1-problems when using any browser the tablet image is blurred. I have to turn off and on the screen to continue using.
    2-problems in certain uses of MXplayer.
    3 Problems with hayday (game) the game does not run and the tablet blocks having to reboot the tablet.

But I want to thank you for the rom development liked the way it is.
    sorry for my english (google translator)

Leave a comment:

• Jak
    replied
    testing

true, its just time is not on my side to do this nowadays, plus there are already tons of files in my tab now that I can't just transfer...

Just trying to save time...

Leave a comment:

• Matador
    replied
    Do your own test. I come from last kasty and i think this Rom is a bit smoother than the one form kasty.

Leave a comment:

• Jak
    replied
    Riley Rom 3.0 =/< 1.03

Is this rom the same as the RR3.0, or better than?

Leave a comment:

• Matador
    replied
    [Pipo Project] M9 Pro ROM testing

Today i have flashed Kernel_1.13.IMG and i can print from chrome. So for now i have only the fc in pm in tapatalk.
    Last edited by Matador; 02-17-2015, 21:07.

Leave a comment:

• rrileypm
    replied
    Multi Window was a feature in JB that wasn't carried over to KK. So, no...this ROM does not have it.

Leave a comment:

• Jak
    replied
    multi window

just curious, does this rom has the multiwindow effect?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X