Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link fixed
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      Link fixed
      downloading @ 4.2MB/sec flashing soon...
      PROUD owner of PiPO M9 Pro
      PiPO P9 best tablet ever owned!!!

PiPO Tablet Freak and Flashaholic!

Comment

NetworkLocation

NetworkLocation works fine used google maps to test

superSU is latest version 2.45

Found an issue!

When installing nova launcher after a restart when i unlock the lock screen the lower navigation bar is not there...the top status bar shows fine. As soon as i tap on an app in my homescreen the lower bar shows up.

Comment

Thanks for testing.

I'm not sure about the Nova problem. I haven't seen that happen.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Thanks for testing.

I'm not sure about the Nova problem. I haven't seen that happen.
            just noticed that this happens only when the status bar/navigation bar is black.

If i turn transparency on in nova the issue is gone....weird

i think we need a good kernel now....

Comment

For normal operation NovaLauncher need a library libgif.so
              patch through TWRP
              libgif.so.zip

Comment

Wow, it appears there are still many missing files from this SDK that I guess we will need to add as we discover them.

I will hold off on making another version until we discover more files that need to be added.

Overall, though...how's this ROM running?
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Russian:
                  Возможно я не правильно понял...
                  Если речь шла о работе НоваЛаунчер,то извините когда вы его ставите в систему, откройте этот файл апк, и посмотрите присутствует ли папка Либ в ней если да ,то следует перенести либ файл соответствующий нашему процессору в нашу папку с Lib

English Google
                  Maybe I misunderstood ...
                  If it was on NovaLauncher then sorry when you put it into the system, open the APK file, and see whether there is a folder Lieb it, if so, should be moved to the appropriate file Lib our processor in our folder Lib
                  Not Work game Injustice: Gods Among Us

Comment

[Pipo Project] M9 Pro ROM testing

Wow, it appears there are still many missing files from this SDK that I guess we will need to add as we discover them.

I will hold off on making another version until we discover more files that need to be added.

Overall, though...how's this ROM running?
                    ROM seems fine.... Wish that the lagging will be gone once and forever on the m9pro

Sent from my P9 using Tapatalk

Comment

With your permission, my version of the firmware.
                      Everything seems the same but the work of init.d implemented differently.

And a little bit of software to preinstall.

Comment

Will all this flashing on my m9pro ruin the nand chip lifetime?

Comment

I've flashed each of my tablets hundreds of times...bricked a few...and they always seem to come back to life.

Eventually NAND can fail. It's a gamble....worth taking...in my opinion.

The good news is that if you fry your NAND...there's ways of booting from external SD...being tried now on the M9 Max threads. I haven't tried it myself, but the concept is promising.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by bucefal82 View Post
                            With your permission, my version of the firmware.
                            Everything seems the same but the work of init.d implemented differently.

And a little bit of software to preinstall.
                            https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2295dc9...y_bucefal82.7z
                            Thanks to you all for the effort and time spent to improve the PIPO M9 PRO experience.
                            Although i have a very deep knowledge of operating systems and OS hacking, I'm newbie to this world of Android ROMs modifications, anyway i'm learning really fast.

Can we know what are the specific modifications made to the firmware and how they improve the M9 PRO experience?
                            I see the following files have been added or modified from original system.img in freaktabrom

retroze@ubuntu:~/Desktop/PipoM9/system$ find $1 -type f -exec stat --format '%Y :%y %n' {} \; | sort -nr | cut -d: -f2- | head -n 20
                            2015-02-08 07:14:46.164346406 +0100 ./build.prop
                            2015-02-08 07:12:00.796654000 +0100 ./framework/framework.jar
                            2015-02-07 23:44:56.494685598 +0100 ./preinstall/recovery.img
                            2015-02-07 23:44:55.783670006 +0100 ./media/bootanimation.zip
                            2015-02-07 23:44:55.282659018 +0100 ./bin/preinstall.sh
                            2015-02-07 23:44:54.921651102 +0100 ./bin/flash_image
                            2015-02-07 23:44:54.552643009 +0100 ./preinstall/Reboot_v1.2.2.apk
                            2015-02-07 23:44:54.218635685 +0100 ./etc/permissions/android.hardware.location.gps.xml
                            2015-02-07 23:44:53.876628185 +0100 ./etc/permissions/android.hardware.location.xml
                            2015-02-07 23:44:53.441618646 +0100 ./etc/permissions/com.android.location.provider.xml
                            2015-02-07 23:44:53.089610924 +0100 ./etc/permissions/tablet_core_hardware.xml
                            2015-02-07 23:44:52.749603470 +0100 ./xbin/busybox
                            2015-02-07 23:44:52.379595355 +0100 ./bin/busybox
                            2015-02-07 23:44:52.036587834 +0100 ./etc/init.d/99SuperSUDaemon
                            2015-02-07 23:44:51.340572570 +0100 ./bin/.ext/.su
                            2015-02-07 23:44:50.833561452 +0100 ./xbin/su
                            2015-02-07 23:44:50.497554084 +0100 ./xbin/daemonsu
                            2015-02-07 23:44:50.153546540 +0100 ./app/Superuser.apk
                            2015-02-07 17:08:32.000000000 +0100 ./priv-app/SystemUI.apk

just downloaded your ROM mod (i haven't install it yet), i see that: hosts file has been added, resolv.conf to googles DNSs , slightly touched build.prop ...

I'm really really happy with this Pipo M9 Pro FreaktabROM + original PIPO overclocked kernel (3.0.36+ #96).

Next step, to custom improve the kernel!

Comment

Originally posted by Kenneth View Post
                              Will all this flashing on my m9pro ruin the nand chip lifetime?

NAND Flash memory depending of the class should have no less than 5K read/write cycles. So, we can be prudentially safe with our daily basis flashes.

Comment

Aside from stock functions, I add:

Root, with SuperSU (Chainfire) with several other files/binaries
                                init.d script support
                                Symbolic Links and binary for busybox commands
                                Auto-install of apps and recovery on first boot. Also auto-install of apk files from external SD autoinstall folder
                                Google Play Store fixes to all of better compatibility
                                Custom Boot Animation by Tattman65
                                Reboot App by Petrus
                                Multi-User support activated (hense the modification to framework.jar)
                                As stated above, the SystemUI.apk was changed to revert back to normal Navigation Bar layout.
                                Plus a few build.prop tweaks I add for better performance...English default, Central Time Zone...etc.

That pretty much covers all of the changes I make.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X