No announcement yet.

[Pipo Project] M9 Pro ROM testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, had to come into Freaktab after my GF came to me with puppy eyes saying she killed the tablet
    No idea how she managed, but yep.. it needed fixing, so I decided it might aswell be a new rom.

Till now it had been happily running Pipo_M9_Pro_RileyROM_3.0.1
    So, went to Freaktab, read the 3.4 thread prior to flashing, and noticed Riley pointing here - so yes, why not

Sadly I won't be able to help out other then user testing, but in the hope it helps you guys I'll go for it.

Installed v1.03

Pros:
    - install works
    - boot works fine (like the new screens!)
    - Android version 4.4.2
    - kernel version 3.0.36+
    - wifi works fine (not counting my own typo on the password - doh)
    - bluetooth works fine (xfer test on photos from phone to pipo)
    - Wifi location works (tested with google maps)
    - kodi 15.2 + fusion installer from tvaddons.ag (streamed some fav. episodes with no lags,etc)

Cons:
    - Automatic time zone - not working (unticked, set to GMT+1, reticked - then worked - not the first device I had that doesn't do this correctly)
    - GPS location does not work (tested with gps status & toolbox)
    - Starting reboot from the onboard apps jumps to "You don't have root access - Exit"

Odd:
    - Topleft corner shows a # sign, when I pull it down it points to SuperSU saying: The SU binary needs to be updated!
    Updating however goes into an endless loop.
    In all fairness, this same thing happend in the 3.01 rom - I had assumed it would be gone using a new rom.
    Any idea how to fix this?

Requests?:
    - A custom freaktab wallpaper
    - I'll also drop a +1 for removing the google searchbar in a next version
    - Power button in bottom menu (i know, there's the hardware button - but still I prefer the power button in the menu)

Anything else I could test/try out from a user perspective that would be usefull?

Comment

I haven't even been here for 1year since my M9 just ROCKS with RR 3.01 always love it when my wife complains about her iPad 2. My problem these days is that I cannot install/update any more apps. It says that I have insufficient memory.
      I am sure this has been discussed somewhere but I just could not find where.
      Great work

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Guys
        the best Rom until now is Freaktab Rom 1.0.3 for Pipo M9Pro.
        Hint for Tim007,you have to uninstall the System apk called Velvet.apk,to delete Searchbar,for this you need Root & Rootexplorer .
        GPS was always a Problem for Pipo M9Pro,look on Arctablet.com,too.M9Pro is now an old Device,look for RK 3288 & 3368 Devices.
        Have a nice Day

gefattern

Comment

So i decided to take the jump to this rom coming from 3.0.1. feedback to come

Comment

Happy New Year!

I just installed this version on my PIPO M9 Pro.
            Everything seems to work very good. Much better (smooth and quicker) then my previous one (Finless 1.5).

I noticed 2 issues:
            - the "Home Screen" is not auto-rotating. Is it a feature which I have to activate or a bug?
            - the multi-user is not working properly. I can create users from the main account but in the user profile the keyboard is not activating. So a regular user cannot modify the profile, search the we or the Google store.

Please tell me if you need something from my part in order to help you fix these things.

All the best in 2016!

Comment

Hey,
              I installed 1.0.3. on 2 Pipo M9 Pro 3g tablets.
              All is working fine apart from the Home Screen not rotating, also this creates lots of lag when you actually make it rotate.
              Also I have 2 more devices (that is 4 in total). In case somebody wants to do any kind of testing, I can provide details from 4 different sources.
              Is there going to be any update on the project?
              Last edited by new_guy; 04-11-2016, 16:10.

Comment

I am still using rileyrom 2.6 android 4.4.2 for years now. Would often randomly reboot. After lots of experimenting I blame compatibility with the launcher. I am not saying the CM launcher is the best but I am saying it keeps my M9 Pro 3g very stable now for months. I also have SO Launcher and Launcher3 but CM Launcher is set to home and brings me the joy of a very stable tablet. Yeah!

Comment

Hi
                  I am posting here as this appears to be the most active Pipo ROM thread.
                  I am currently using RileyROM v3.0.1.
                  Recently I don't appear to be able to connect online, so I want to re-install v3.0.1 to hopefully fix the problem.
                  Although I'm happy to give v1.0.3 a go.
                  However I now have Windows 10 on all my computers.

Does anyone know how to install drivers and run the Flash Tool under Windows 10?

Comment

Hi nordo ,

the 1.0.3 runs a bit better than 3.0.1 thats the last made Rom for our Devices.I think you have to take the latest Driver package.RK3188 is not longer supported.Now it is 3288,3368 and in near Future 3399.

Maybe it is better to look for a new Device , if possible or wanted ??? Look here : example for Drivers :

http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...on-windows-10/

Google : latest Rk3188 Drivers Win10

hope it helps

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
                      Hi nordo ,
                      the 1.0.3 runs a bit better than 3.0.1 thats the last made Rom for our Devices.I think you have to take the latest Driver package.RK3188 is not longer supported.Now it is 3288,3368 and in near Future 3399.
                      Maybe it is better to look for a new Device , if possible or wanted ??? Look here : example for Drivers :
                      http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...on-windows-10/
                      Google : latest Rk3188 Drivers Win10
                      hope it helps

gefattern
                      Thanks for the reply. Found what appears to be the latest RK Driver Assistant - v 4.4 here
                      Also printed out the comments by Daddle and sofir786 on the post you linked.
                      Waiting for my battery to fully charge before I attempt the Flash.

Quick question :-
                      The reason I need to reload/fix my ROM or kernel is whenever I try to go online, all the essential apps start to close or stop responding, including my browser Chrome.
                      If I try to use Titanium, it immediately closes with a "Not Responding" message.

Perhaps someone has a alternative solution to re-installing the ROM and kernel?

Comment

Hi nordo ,

please try 1.0.3 it runs better.On 3.0.4 have you ever cleared the Caches on your Device use "Clear Cache" from Store and try.Clear all 3.Reboot.If this not helps try 1.0.3 you will see

a smooth working Device.I hope.Sure you are no newbie but have u set a Backupfolder in Settings of TB.Battery to change or only loading ,because i had to change my battery in the past.

Wrong charging ,always use 5V 2500A ,because lower charging bricks it ,after using a 5V 2000A Charger a long Time ,my M9Pro drained within 1h30min of use.Only a new Batt helped.

I not really use it anymore it lies in my wardrobe.I wanted to change the Wifi Antenna and try to make a better GPS Antenna but until now i not even started.I still have a second

8600mah Battery for replacement.

Really use 1.0.3 and i think your Problem is gone.

good luck , report

nice Day

gefattern
                        Last edited by gefattern; 11-20-2016, 17:40.

Comment

Hi gefattern
                          I used to regularly use CCleaner to clean my caches. Maybe CCleaner did a bit too much
                          Since I first noticed my problem (when trying to go on the internet, I get continuous messages telling me that apps are not responding or closing down - apps I'm not even using), I have manually gone in and purged the caches. I have also uninstalled most apps.
                          As soon as I try to open TB, I get the same problem. Same as with CCleaner.
                          At the moment, all the tablet is good for is playing a couple of offline games.

Comment

Hi nordo

have you flashed 1.0.3 ??? Do it and this is gone.

Maybe you can try another Kernel ? If you not have or can download i can upload.Do u use KK or still JB.

please report and try 1.0.3

gefattern

Comment

Hi
                              Still trying to find time to sit down un-interrupted and install drivers, etc. Have already set up associated programs to open in win 7 compatibility.

Is kernel 407 the best kernel for 1.0.3?

Comment

Hi nordo

Try it first with the integrated one.I still have more than 20 diffrent.

gefattern

Comment

Working...
                                X