• Show
Clear All

Hi Nordo ,

here the Kernels,hope it helps.

nice Day

gefattern

Comment

Thanks gefattern
      Haven't done clinical testing before, but will try each kernel and try and note how and when problems, freezes, etc occur, then post my findings.
      Is there an app that everyone recognises is good for testing ROMs and Kernels?
      Cheers

Comment

Wow!!!
        I didn't realise how many variations of each kernel there were.

gefattern - where can I find out :-
        1. What the variations in each kernel are​​​​​​​ - i.e. speed,etc?
        2. Which ones are recommended, and which ones are probably not worth trying (too flaky, etc)?
        3. How can I find out exactly what kernel I currently have?

Comment

Hi Nordo ,

it stands in the Name of the File

u can try all but i schould start with the "standard" values and than the others

u can see it under Settings / about Device

nice Day

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
            Hi Nordo ,

it stands in the Name of the File
            u can try all but i schould start with the "standard" values and than the others
            u can see it under Settings / about Device

nice Day
            gefattern
            Thanks.
            My current kernel is the one that came with the ROM package - 3.0.36+

I have some Newbie questions :-

When flashing just a Kernel, do I still have to erase the IDB before flashing?
            Also do I have the rename the new kernel to the basic name of "kernel.img" (and rename the standard one that was packaged with the ROM to something else) ?

Also is there a topic/post I can look at that explains the advantages, stability, etc of the various kernel settings?

Cheers

Comment

Hi Nordo ,

no IDB erase , no renaming needed.It is always the same Kernel only other Values in CPU,GPU and Voltage.

Maybe there are some old Threads where you can find Info's about this , you have to search.

Do you have Wifi Speed Drops with this Rom ??? You can see it under Settings/Wifi if you press on the connected Router

a pop up shows Router Speed and other Infos.I have Probs. with that.

nice Day

gefattern

Comment

Thanks gefattern
                As you suggested, I will try the standard kernel (probably the 407), then if that is stable, try the various speed options.

Regarding wifi :-
                When my tablet is sitting approx 1m from my router, my link speed is 65 Mbps.
                If I move about 10m away, but with clear line-of-sight, I still get 65 Mbps.
                However, if I move about 20m away, with a couple of timber walls in between, the strength drops to 5 Mbps.
                I have looked at the various methods for improving the wifi strength, but haven't really had a need to do anything so far.

Comment

I have a problem, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
                  I'm trying to just flash the Kernel.

The flash tool recognises my tablet.
                  I have set the correct path to the new kernel.
                  I have unticked everything except the new kernel.

I click "Reboot to Flash Mode" - but get an error (I think this has happened previously but hasn't stopped me flashing a new ROM).
                  I click "Flash ROM" - but get an error message "MSC device cannot do upgrade".

UPDATE
                  I managed to get into Flash mode and flash the new kernel (407-cpu1608-standard-gpu600-ddr720) using Randy's RKBatchTool.
                  However, after the full boot sequence, the home page with the lock on it comes up, but I can't unlock the tablet.
                  I have tried the re-set button and re-booted, but same result.
                  Last edited by Nordo; 12-14-2016, 09:08.

Comment

Hi Nordo ,

sounds strange , try the stock Kernel again , to get back to life , or new flashing.

My Wifi always drops from 65 to 52/26/19/5 but my Antenna is a little bit out of order i try to mod a new one / External Antenna

hope it helps

gefattern

Comment

I'm back to stock kernel (3.0.36+), with the same freezing after 5- 10 minutes.
                      I did try one of the basic 406 kernels, but had the same problem.

If no-one can think of a solution, I will have to go back to RileyROM v3.0.1, where the freezing would occur around one or twice a week.
                      The reason I tried this new ROM was that my tablet (with the RileyROM) was recently getting very flakey.
                      Perhaps I should have just re-flashed the RileyROM.
                      But this ROM (v1.0.3) sounded like an improvement over the various RileyROMs and Finless ROMs.

Comment

Hello Friends

I found my old M9Pro and flashed this ROM, it runs fine and very smooth, all I found is that the screen is always landscape and doesnt spin to portrait mode, is there a way to fix this ???

Excelent work with this ROM.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by amhonra View Post
                          Hello Friends

I found my old M9Pro and flashed this ROM, it runs fine and very smooth, all I found is that the screen is always landscape and doesnt spin to portrait mode, is there a way to fix this ???

Thank you.
                          Hi ,

you can try "Rotation Control" from Store if Settings dont work .

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by amhonra View Post
                            Hello Friends

Thank you.
                            Hi there, Amhonra .... can you clarify which ROM you are referring to here? Thanks.

Comment

• gefattern
                              gefattern commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I think the Roms from the first Page

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

you can try "Rotation Control" from Store if Settings dont work .

good luck / gefattern

Thank you gefattern, I will try.

Comment

Originally posted by WhattaWonderfulDay View Post

Hi there, Amhonra .... can you clarify which ROM you are referring to here? Thanks.

gefattern is correct, The last rom in the first page.

Comment

Working...
                              X