No announcement yet.

Root for the MOMO7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will need to get the driver installed. Sounds like you may have them already. If not my ROM kit will have drivers, the tools needed, and a readme for how to do it.

The problem with the stock ROM is you have to use different flash tool to use it., It called RKBatch tool V1.4. The stupid instructions on thier web site tell you to use the RK Android tool 1.29 which will NOT work for that ROM package from thier web site.

I got the ROM from the China web site here:

The first download is for M0M07-SDK2.0-2918-20111115.img (after you un RAR it).

I do not know if that is what your using already or not?

OK I will inject the Market I have been using. You will have to let me know.
    I also injected SU binary and Superuser.apk which is what is needed to give root access and what not.

Otherwise everything else in the ROM is the same, apps, etc.

Oh and another question so I can do the readme correctly. The instructions say to hold the volume + and do a reset to get it into flash mode. Is that correct? If not can you tell me how so I can put it in the readme.

Finally we have made a new Forum for the Ployer tablets. This post will get moved into there tomorrow sometime when my partner gets up and can do it. This is so it is organized by manufacturer and people can find it easier.

I am going to take a break for the night and I should have your ROM ready for you tomorrow about this time.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

FYI, this is Honeycomb OS. Wish I had it on my Arnova
      So this is the first Honeycomb OS I have cracked
      Was a learning experience!

The Ployer web site says they will be doing Ice Cream Sandwich for all the MOMO Tabs! Sweet man. Ping me later when they do release it and I will crack that for you too

Bob

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        You will need to get the driver installed. Sounds like you may have them already. If not my ROM kit will have drivers, the tools needed, and a readme for how to do it.

The problem with the stock ROM is you have to use different flash tool to use it., It called RKBatch tool V1.4. The stupid instructions on thier web site tell you to use the RK Android tool 1.29 which will NOT work for that ROM package from thier web site.

I also injected SU binary and Superuser.apk which is what is needed to give root access and what not.

Oh and another question so I can do the readme correctly. The instructions say to hold the volume + and do a reset to get it into flash mode. Is that correct? If not can you tell me how so I can put it in the readme.

Finally we have made a new Forum for the Ployer tablets. This post will get moved into there tomorrow sometime when my partner gets up and can do it. This is so it is organized by manufacturer and people can find it easier.

I am going to take a break for the night and I should have your ROM ready for you tomorrow about this time.

Bob
        Yes, I did try what the instructions said but not clear on whether to insert the USB cable before or after getting it into flash mode. I suppose the device should be powered off but the thing is, should there be something showing on the screen whether it is in flash mode or not? Or just a blank screen? Anyway, will wait for your instructions.

The ROM installed is older, dated 09132011. The one that is online is newer than the one I downloaded previously so they must have updated it because of the freeze issues.

Nice if you include su and superuser. Any or latest market version is ok.

Freeje

Comment

So here is some details to remember

No the screen is BLACK when in flash mode.
          The USB cable and power must be connected.
          The tablet can be off but I prefer it to be on a booted so I know when I go into flash mode it will go black and not boot.
          When you go into flash mode your PC should bong with a device inserted. If the drivers are already installed from before when you tried. Windows will not say "found new hardware" or anything. Just a BONG like you plugged in a usb device.

The drivers are the same for the RKBatch tool as for the RK Android tool. So you might want to at least test right now if your set. Go into flash mode and see if your device is recognized. In the device manager you should have something like a RK29 device. It should not have any yellow symbols next to it. Now dont worry about going into flash mode. It wont hurt it. Just hit the rset again without holding volume + and it will reboot fine.

As a test to see if you have the drivers or want to get them installed now, download my ROM kit for the Arnova 10G2. It has the flash tool and drivers in the kit. You can use that to get the drivers installed BUT DONT actually flash the ROM.

You can get my kit here:

Once you are sure you have the drivers installed, you wont need to do it again. Just delete the kit and tomorrow I will have your kit up and ready for you to flash.

Bob

Comment

FYI, this is Honeycomb OS. Wish I had it on my Arnova
            So this is the first Honeycomb OS I have cracked
            Was a learning experience!

The Ployer web site says they will be doing Ice Cream Sandwich for all the MOMO Tabs! Sweet man. Ping me later when they do release it and I will crack that for you too

Bob
            Honeycomb?! Sweet!

Thanks for the info. Google translate is a bit slow here so I can't make heads or tails of what is on their website.

Yeah I'll let you when they have it for others. They do have it for the Momo 9c but the English download link is password protected.

Freeje

Comment

Installing device driver for Momo 7 (RK2918)

So here is some details to remember

No the screen is BLACK when in flash mode.
              The USB cable and power must be connected.
              The tablet can be off but I prefer it to be on a booted so I know when I go into flash mode it will go black and not boot.
              When you go into flash mode your PC should bong with a device inserted. If the drivers are already installed from before when you tried. Windows will not say "found new hardware" or anything. Just a BONG like you plugged in a usb device.

The drivers are the same for the RKBatch tool as for the RK Android tool. So you might want to at least test right now if your set. Go into flash mode and see if your device is recognized. In the device manager you should have something like a RK29 device. It should not have any yellow symbols next to it. Now dont worry about going into flash mode. It wont hurt it. Just hit the rset again without holding volume + and it will reboot fine.

As a test to see if you have the drivers or want to get them installed now, download my ROM kit for the Arnova 10G2. It has the flash tool and drivers in the kit. You can use that to get the drivers installed BUT DONT actually flash the ROM.

You can get my kit here:

Once you are sure you have the drivers installed, you wont need to do it again. Just delete the kit and tomorrow I will have your kit up and ready for you to flash.

Bob
              Done it! Apparently I have been trying to install the wrong driver and Windows kept saying that I already have the updated drivers installed but still get an unknown device with a yellow question mark when I open up the device manager. This time I chose the Fuzhou device driver included with the Rockchip_Batch_Tool V1.4 which I have downloaded before somewhere. I ran the rkbatchtool app and voila! Device recognized.

Freeje

Comment

Yes, press VOL + , hit reset then plug in the USB cable.

Bob

Comment

Was able to flash the stock ROM using the batch tool V1.4. Tried flashing the one labeled SDK but it rejected it. So I'm ready for your ROM!

Comment

Originally posted by Freeje View Post
                    Was able to flash the stock ROM using the batch tool V1.4. Tried flashing the one labeled SDK but it rejected it. So I'm ready for your ROM!

Oooooops wait the labeled SDK one?
                    You mean the first one in the download list that says"
                    A edition software SDK2.0 the Atradius 2.3 system

If it rejected that, that is what I used to make the ROM to test with. What do you mean it rejected it?

Bob

Comment

Ah my mistake. I tired it again and it did accept it. I didn't click on the upgrade button so I thought it got rejected. Waiting for it to finish...

Comment

Success! The SDK ROM looks good. If it's honeycomb then why is it that in the about phone section it still says Android 2.3.1? Tried it but it's a bit slow when responding to key presses otherwise it looks good.

Comment

So you about ready to have a kick butt ROM?

Now remember, even though I can boot this on my Tab and make sure it is not a brick ROM, it does not mean it is free fom any problems. Based on other Tab I have done it should be fine but I have no way to be 100% sure.

ROM is uploading to the server now. Should be about 30 minutes.

Bob

Comment

Ready! Downloading it now. A bit slow. Again thanks.

Freeje

Comment

Well? So how is it going?

ALso let me know if you cannot get root permissions like using titanium backup. I think I found a mistake settings permissions that I had commented out. Not ure it mattered but let me know.

Bob

Comment

Issues

It has root permissions. Installed root manager and no problems. Boot times are longer though. The old ROM (Android 2.3) took about 40 secs. but for this ROM it's twice that.

I noticed that when I changed the language on first boot to English and then changed the wallpaper and then rebooted again, it was back to Chinese and the default wallpaper. Has it got to do with the market issue?

Apps and games that I have installed also disappeared and some of the ones that I installed do not run with the error message "This application is not authorized for use on your Android device". I didn't have problems with this before when using the earlier ROM and SDK.

Also I can't figure out how to access the internal memory. When I plug in the device to the PC, it does not recognize the device and the USB storage screen does not come up so I don't have access or can't connect to the PC. I was able to do that for the stock ROM (SDK). I'm still trying to find out if there are other issues.

Freeje

Comment

Working...
                                X