Security Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Question

Hi - New here (just got one of those BL deals on a 701i with ICS). I'm old to computers (I go back all the way) but I'm very new to tablets (I don't even have a smart phone).

My question is what do you guys use or suggest for security on the pany? I'm worried about theft of data stream and theft of tab both. I would like to keep all my gmail email accounts (I have 5 - long story) and also some financial sites etc. I will not access the financial stuff on unsecured networks but I would like to access gmail on public accounts. So far I am looking at smart protector and KeePass droid but I'm not sure.

I also am assuming to do the email I'll need to get to Market (Play) to get the gmail app if I want multiple accounts.

Thanks for any help - I have really enjoyed reading the posts.

HocusPocus

To get the Market installed try Justin's instructions at the link below. It will upgrade to the Play Store once you access it.

Just picked one up yesterday for $99.99 Very impressive so far Here are the specs ICS 4.0.3 (Fully rooted out of the box) 7" tablet 512 DDR3 RAM (307mb user available) Arm Cortex 8 1Ghz Graphics Open GL ES2.0/3D game support Screen 800 by 480...

From there install Lookout. It is a good anti-virus that I have on my tablets and smartphones. It has a phone finder capability but that won't work with the Polaroid since it is wifi only and doesn't have GPS. If you are worried about someone getting into your device if you lose it you should probably set up a pin or password to unlock it. I don't remember how to do that but it is somewhere in Settings.
    Last edited by chuckr01; 05-10-2012, 02:55. Reason: typo

Comment

I think Lookout is what I downloaded and put on mine. AVG has antivirus for Android as well. There is a setting where you can lock it with a password. I think how to get to it is in settings but not sure as mine is charging right now. I have mine set where you slide the keyhole lock to the right to unlock it. I didn't want to have to fool with typing in a password each time I use it. Good luck!
      Tablets: Polaroid PMID 701i, PMID 4311, Zeki 10" tablet

"God Loves You"- Arlo Guthrie

Comment

Working...
      X