Polaroid AS8 SOUND Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a New Polaroid AS8 Tablet just bought at Christmas all was well , did the update that was suggested by store , after around 4 days after update ( don't know if has anything to do with problem ) But i lost all sound . I go into settings and there all things say all is well everything is checked that should be and shows everything is well ... But when i go to touch screen to adjust sound menu comes up but can not adjust nothing and as well the blue line is there and the lighted ball isn't bright it is a dull blue and volume doesn't work on touch screen... Can someone help please to give me a up how to fix the sound thanks.

Originally posted by IronHorse View Post
    I have a New Polaroid AS8 Tablet just bought at Christmas all was well , did the update that was suggested by store , after around 4 days after update ( don't know if has anything to do with problem ) But i lost all sound . I go into settings and there all things say all is well everything is checked that should be and shows everything is well ... But when i go to touch screen to adjust sound menu comes up but can not adjust nothing and as well the blue line is there and the lighted ball isn't bright it is a dull blue and volume doesn't work on touch screen... Can someone help please to give me a up how to fix the sound thanks.
    What update did the store advise you to do?

Comment

Here is the update i installed

Originally posted by guessyet View Post
      What update did the store advise you to do?
      http://southerntelecom.com/polaroids..._guide_A8.htmlClick image for larger version

Name:	upgrade.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	431865

Comment

You can try to factory reset. Do it through settings.

If that does work you may have actual hardware issues..

Comment

Originally posted by IronHorse View Post
          IronHorse, did you ever figure out how to get sound back? Same thing happened to me after updating my AS10.

Comment

There are new updates for the A/S series tablets.

Comment

Originally posted by jimn2tdi View Post
              There are new updates for the A/S series tablets.

http://southerntelecom.com/polaroidsupport/updates.html
              Actually, that's my issue. I got the AS10 for my son for Christmas from Kohl's, and after he used it fot awhile I did the update from Sothern Telcom. Since the update, no sound is available (just the dimmed volume bar).

Comment

Originally posted by cholzsch View Post
                Actually, that's my issue. I got the AS10 for my son for Christmas from Kohl's, and after he used it fot awhile I did the update from Sothern Telcom. Since the update, no sound is available (just the dimmed volume bar).
                There is the update dated 090913 and the latest one dated 012414. I have both img files.

Comment

Originally posted by jimn2tdi View Post
                  There is the update dated 090913 and the latest one dated 012414. I have both img files.
                  The AS10_0827_GMS-20140124-S update is the one I used...now If I adjust volume via settings, let's say moving slider halfway, then exit volume, reopen volume, slider returns to full volume. If I use volume button, volume bar is dimmed, same if I use Volume widget on home screen. I'm beginning to wonder if it's a hardware issue. Either way, no sound.

Comment

Working...
                  X