Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polaroid PTAB7XC Ice-Cream Sandwich Tablet (Google Play Needed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thebigred67 View Post
    Yeah I know. I tried to pick up the hotspot on my computer too, no go. I think it is the phone, one more thing to check. Wife has the same phone. I can't sign into that hotspot either.
    if your phone's an android u might be able to download a wifi tether app from google play. lots of them have free versios so u don't have to pay for it until u find one that works
    https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
      if your phone's an android u might be able to download a wifi tether app from google play. lots of them have free versios so u don't have to pay for it until u find one that works
      I figured out why it won't do a tether to the phone. The tablet doesn't have 3G capability. I haven't found any "wifi" apps that use wifi and not 3G.

BTW I can't find the accept third party apps thingy. Is it not needed on rooted tablet?

Comment

The tether app is for your phone which does have 3g to share that connection over WiFi.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
          The tether app is for your phone which does have 3g to share that connection over WiFi.

Yes and so far all I have found are tethering apps that create a 3G hotspot.

Comment

Yer phone co. may be blocking the apps from showing on Google play.

Comment

Yer phone co. may be blocking the apps from showing on Google play.

Thanks, tried it and it said, "Failed to activate WiFi."?

Comment

You might be better served with a forum for your phone and service. If you don't see it here, try xda.

Comment

You might be better served with a forum for your phone and service. If you don't see it here, try xda.

Thanks, I am looking into that as well.

Comment

A Few Questions...

Originally posted by thebigred67 View Post
                    Wow!!! Thanks so much! This one seems to run even faster and zero issues with Playstore!
                    Hey guys, I have been away from this thread, but it was a big help when I first got my PTAB7XC and so I have now returned seeking some more help. I have few questions...I have never flashed anything before but am encouraged by what I have read about speed and play working.

I looked at the link for 703C and there are two things
                    1. PMID703C V 0.41 (ICS) which is listed as "NEW" and
                    2. PMID703C V 0.31 (ICS) which is listed as "Stable"

Which one did you use with such great results? I just follow the southerntelcom instructions listed except for the few changes at step 17 an so on?

Also, do you know if this or if there is a true fix to the SD card not being read as external memory because right now I still have the same roughly 4 Gigs, partitioned into 2 gigs of Internal and another 1 Gig of Internal Memory, I have an 32 Gig SD card that shows 29.7 gigs available, but when I send things "to SD Card" it only goes to the 2 gig of internal memory. Any help/answer on this question would be helpful. I read in some other threads but did not find clear solution.

Thanks again to a great community.

Comment

Originally posted by NewTabGuy View Post
                      Hey guys, I have been away from this thread, but it was a big help when I first got my PTAB7XC and so I have now returned seeking some more help. I have few questions...I have never flashed anything before but am encouraged by what I have read about speed and play working.

I looked at the link for 703C and there are two things
                      1. PMID703C V 0.41 (ICS) which is listed as "NEW" and
                      2. PMID703C V 0.31 (ICS) which is listed as "Stable"

Which one did you use with such great results? I just follow the southerntelcom instructions listed except for the few changes at step 17 an so on?

Also, do you know if this or if there is a true fix to the SD card not being read as external memory because right now I still have the same roughly 4 Gigs, partitioned into 2 gigs of Internal and another 1 Gig of Internal Memory, I have an 32 Gig SD card that shows 29.7 gigs available, but when I send things "to SD Card" it only goes to the 2 gig of internal memory. Any help/answer on this question would be helpful. I read in some other threads but did not find clear solution.

Thanks again to a great community.
                      There are lots of threads explaining how to swap the internal/external sd card. As for 'new' vs 'stable'. It's just that. The only ROMS I consider 'unstable' are the ones in the 'experimental' heading heh. I have 0.41 on my tablet right now and it runs fine.

Comment

There are lots of threads explaining how to swap the internal/external sd card..
                        So your rom does not fix this correct? I just want to make sure I understand that after I would put this ROM on there, I would still have to do the swap thing with the internal/external SD card thing? Base on your expert opinion is there one process you would recommend or did do with your set up? I have read some of the threads and most applaud SingleDad's fix listed in this thread:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?672-How-Do-I-Easily-Move-Apps-to-External-Micro-SD-card-on-the-PMID701C/page2

renegade4dio mentioned at the end of that thread that he was swapping mount point and associated label and it lost me. I am still a pretty novice tablet guy who wants to get the most out of my tablet but worried about going out into deep water and getting a brick or not being savvy enough to get it back to where I have it now. I am sorry to bother, am willing to try stuff, just a little anxious I guess. Any guidance that you could share I would value and appreciate, if/when you have time.

Thanks again

Comment

Haha it's ok to be nervous-I think everyone is when they start tweaking their devices for the first time. First, I would investigate how to flash the stockbimage. Flash it a few times on your device until you feel comfortable, then flash the 703 ROM. Now, to answer your questions-no, this tablet is fairly unbrickable-do your worst. Second, my ROM doesn't 'fix' the internal/external sd card, because I don't view it as a 'bug'. Now, I will say that you should keep searching these forums-it's actually somewhat painless to switch the sd cards, and I think you've probably found the most complicated thread addressing it hehe.
                          Originally posted by NewTabGuy View Post
                          So your rom does not fix this correct? I just want to make sure I understand that after I would put this ROM on there, I would still have to do the swap thing with the internal/external SD card thing? Base on your expert opinion is there one process you would recommend or did do with your set up? I have read some of the threads and most applaud SingleDad's fix listed in this thread:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?672-How-Do-I-Easily-Move-Apps-to-External-Micro-SD-card-on-the-PMID701C/page2

renegade4dio mentioned at the end of that thread that he was swapping mount point and associated label and it lost me. I am still a pretty novice tablet guy who wants to get the most out of my tablet but worried about going out into deep water and getting a brick or not being savvy enough to get it back to where I have it now. I am sorry to bother, am willing to try stuff, just a little anxious I guess. Any guidance that you could share I would value and appreciate, if/when you have time.

Thanks again

Comment

I know this is a really old thread but I still have one of these dinosaur tablets & considering it still works, I've decided to just let 4y/o niece have it for games & videos. My problem is the Google Play store not being loaded & I'm sorry but I don't understand how to even begin following those instructions that are posted here. Like where do I even begin? Where do I go to load those"apk" files? Obviously I'm no computer/device geek, actually I'm kinda clueless but I most certainly can follow directions if they were a little more in depth & catered to the less knoweledgable folks like myself if anyone could assist me I would really appreciate it. Tia

Comment

Originally posted by Steevee33 View Post
                              I know this is a really old thread but I still have one of these dinosaur tablets & considering it still works, I've decided to just let 4y/o niece have it for games & videos. My problem is the Google Play store not being loaded & I'm sorry but I don't understand how to even begin following those instructions that are posted here. Like where do I even begin? Where do I go to load those"apk" files? Obviously I'm no computer/device geek, actually I'm kinda clueless but I most certainly can follow directions if they were a little more in depth & catered to the less knoweledgable folks like myself if anyone could assist me I would really appreciate it. Tia
                              hey.luckily for you, i'm still active here. I'll try to scare up the flashing instrutcions

Comment

This will show you how to flash that bad boy.

hey.luckily for you, i'm still active here. I'll try to scare up the flashing instrutcions
                                here you go.

Comment

Working...
                                X