Polaroid A 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaroid A 8

I have recently used guessyet's image to gain root access to my Polaroid a 8. As a complete and total idiot when it comes to these things I was wondering is there anything else I can do. I would imagine since the internet is pretty barren of info when it comes to roms, that nobody wants to develop for this particular tablet. For a 99$ it wasn't necessarily a bad deal but up until I rooted it was just a complete P.O.S. I am anxious to see if there is anything further I can do to better it or is this the best I can get.

Re: Polaroid A 8

Originally posted by VASHTA NER4DA View Post
    I have recently used guessyet's image to gain root access to my Polaroid a 8. As a complete and total idiot when it comes to these things I was wondering is there anything else I can do. I would imagine since the internet is pretty barren of info when it comes to roms, that nobody wants to develop for this particular tablet. For a 99$ it wasn't necessarily a bad deal but up until I rooted it was just a complete P.O.S. I am anxious to see if there is anything further I can do to better it or is this the best I can get.
    Hey!! Of course you can. I am a huge Android Freak. My Smart Phone is a Million times Smarter then when I unboxed it. I have "Hangouts" (video calling) working on my a8. Everything I use on my htc one m8 I can use on my tablet, such as, Greenify, Root Explorer, Rom Toolbox Pro, Titanium Back up Pro, It is very simple to share any and all apps with yourself from device to device.. Lucky Patcher is amazing for this. Also, you don't want to use the same Gmail account on separate devices as the playstore will say "already installed" although it's not. ONE serious issue I have with my a8 is lag. Very acceptable considering the a8's guts/price!!

HTC one m8 vzw
    hit ThAnKs if I was helpful!!!

Comment

ive been using my a8 for nearly a year now. yeah its total crap until you install one of guessyet's custom roms. you also may wanna download android tuner. it allows you to control EVERYTHING about your tablets performane. I would get a 32gb micro sd card and perform the "ext to int sd card switch" since this tablets internal storage memory is atrocious. i can post the instructions to do it if you want its easy and takes like 2 min to do. then after u install android tuner you can use it to move ANY app to your exterrnal sd card. i got over 100 apps on mine. just dont ever take the card out while its turned on. remember when egon tells peter in ghostbusters to never cross the proton pack streams? yeah. its like that.

Comment

Originally posted by demonsty View Post
        ive been using my a8 for nearly a year now. yeah its total crap until you install one of guessyet's custom roms. you also may wanna download android tuner. it allows you to control EVERYTHING about your tablets performane. I would get a 32gb micro sd card and perform the "ext to int sd card switch" since this tablets internal storage memory is atrocious. i can post the instructions to do it if you want its easy and takes like 2 min to do. then after u install android tuner you can use it to move ANY app to your exterrnal sd card. i got over 100 apps on mine. just dont ever take the card out while its turned on. remember when egon tells peter in ghostbusters to never cross the proton pack streams? yeah. its like that.

be careful with android tuner.. it could conflict with some of the hard-coded settings i used to optimize the rom... also, there is a difference in sdcards.. ensure you get class 10..

it was not my intent to leave everyone hanging with these tablets.. initially the usb port on my tablet bombed.. i then got the usb half way working and the tablet fail off the desk and busted the screen....

was totally fun while it lasted

Comment

Re: Polaroid 10" Tablet at Big Lots

Originally posted by vrocko View Post
          Hey all,
          Hey I got to look a the black Friday ads for Big Lots early and they will have a 10" Polaroid Quad-core, yes that's right quad-core, on sale for $79.99! I may have to be there to get one. They open on Thanksgiving, from what the ad says, but I don't know if I want to get my butt out of bed before 7 am, when Big Lots opens, for another tablet. We'll see. Thought you may want to know.

Rich

P.S. Oh forgot to tell you, only 4 GB memory! What the heck? The least they could do is make it 8 GB.
          So how do u do the Int to ext SD card switch pls. Thanks
          Originally posted by demonsty View Post

Comment

Working...
          X